1. TheDarkWriter

TheDarkWriter Active Member

How Do I Explain A Personality Change of This Magnitude?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by TheDarkWriter, Jun 26, 2016.

So here's the thing I'm considering introducing vampires into my story the idea is they are like rabies but unlike rabies the victims maintain their personalities but display enhanced sadism and lack of empathy. Other than that the infected is basically the same person able to form relationships (with other vampires) like a human would but anyone else is just automatically perceived as food. Is it possible to explain this in a way that makes it believable?

Also my story takes place in modern times and vampirism is treated very seriously for example refugees are brought in and one is suspected of being a vampire and my main character goes and kills them all out right his reason being "Even if just one slips through the cracks we could be looking at an outbreak in just a matter of weeks!" Is this an extreme reaction and is it too sensitive to use?

2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    How about an establishing scene for the whole book where a terrified woman is doing anything she can to protect her children from vampires, but gets turned in the process. I don't know what your turning will be like, but something like this maybe?

3. TheDarkWriter

TheDarkWriter Active Member

That's pretty much what I'm going for the idea is that there is no way to detect the virus and it's very VERY easily passed on from one person to the next. The main character is viewed by many as ruthless and heartless but he's focused on keeping an infection from spreading and he'll kill as many as he has to in order to prevent an outbreak.

4. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    A Blade Runner Voight Kampff test would find them though.