1. Lmc71775

Lmc71775 Active Member

Note to Editor Game

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Lmc71775, Feb 26, 2010.

Here is something we as writers can vent our fustrations in a creative and healthy way about our rejected submissions. If anyone ever wanted to write back to an editor and just say "Dear Whoever, screw you!" just to vent out their feelings BUT knew it was wrong and never did. Please be creative and NOT hateful. This is only to release some negative energy in a positive way. Here's my example. I know it's long but I got three rejections today and wanted to write back....but of course didn't. Have fun with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note to Editor

Dear Mr. So Andso,

Thank you for taking at look at my work, but did you even read it with your eyes? Maybe if you read it through your ears you would hear me out and not reject me after I spent years pouring my beating heart into words. So you see Mr. So Andso, I don’t think you read it with your mouth either. You couldn’t have possibly tasted the doubt and depression I spit in it. You would have then responded in a more thoughtful manner. After all thoughtless thoughts spur on more depressive thoughts, you know that don’t you?

I do appreciate you viewing my work with a close minded take on it. I realize the doors to your soul haven’t opened for me in this “unfortunate” case as you do know fortune and I wouldn’t have a clue to what the other side is like. You see Mr. So Andso, I am not like you. I am not sitting at a desk breathing in, reading hundreds of submissions, judging with a careful eye, I am sitting here breathing it out.

After spending days, months, years at my own work, will you correct me now Mr. Whoever U. R. Tell me I am okay, good? Can I go on about my life now, knowing I am accepted by you in some way or another?

A word to the wise—all you have to do is say “no.” Cause that’s what it all boils down to. Make it short and sweet, blunt and to the point. Better yet, put it in the “subject line.” That way us writers know right off the bat and can delete it from our memory as if we never wrote it at all. Again, thank you for taking the time to ruin my day. Hope this ruins yours too.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Mia Name