1. lonelygirl1984

lonelygirl1984 New Member

How Would You Describe This Cabin

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by lonelygirl1984, May 19, 2013.

[​IMG]

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

City folks version of a moonshiners cabin; perfect pine logs, covered porch and woodsy touches like oars nailed in an arch over the doorway.

3. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Built by Grandpa Walton in 1935 this 3 bedroom house sits on 25 acres of mature woodland but don't be fooled by this majestic house's rustic façade for inside is a new age of modern conveniences with inset mood lighting, surround sound HD TVs in every room with a choice of cable or satellite with wireless fibre optic broadband. The vaulted ceilings are bright and airy with lighted fans and air conditioning which transforms to central heating in colder times of the year.

The rear pool, not shown, is Olympic size and heated all year round from underground solar panels and in the garage a convertible porsche which comes free in the 6.5 million dollar pricetag.

The windows have recently been painted and grandpa has only been dead on the porch a few days, hence the quick sale.

Should you require any more information or a guided tour please call your local Remax office and ask for JohnBoy.

4. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

^I'm sold!^ :p

5. lonelygirl1984

Ditto!

6. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

It looks like a very new cabin attempting to look old. It kind of reminds me of a Cracker Barrel.

7. shlunka

shlunka Member

The cabin was raised off of the ground just far enough to keep most snakes out, but the diligent ones still managed to find a way inside. Its paneling was a tan that seemed to mimic a Brazillian model's skin, though it was considerably easier on the eyes. The roof was a lovely green, a shade that resembled shady pastures more so than the distinct green hue of a vegetarian's vomit. It featured an outdoor porch, covered by an overhanging roof that only shielded it from the rain if the wind wasn't blowing. On the porch is a man, rocking in his chair as if being maternally cradled by it. Above the doors hung boat oars in an arch, even though the only source of nearby liquid bodies was the freshly made urine puddle outside one of the cabin windows.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I would describe it in language and imagery appropriate to the observer character. And yes, even an anonymous narrator is a character.

9. doghouse

doghouse New Member

I'm right with Cogito on that one.

10. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

I third the above.

Different people will notice different things first and draw different conclusions. To a nature lover that may be a safe haven. To someone who is very urban it may be a nightmare. It's all about point of view!

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

ditto the dittos...

it's your story and no one here knows who your characters or the narrator are, so no one can hand you the best description... you need to write it yourself...

12. lonelygirl1984

Thanks ya'll for all the replies I appreciate it.

13. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

No problem. :) Glad to help!