1. Rick n Morty

Rick n Morty Active Member

Development suggestions for my protagonists

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Rick n Morty, May 22, 2016.

After the controversy surrounding my LGBT thread, I think I'm gonna start a new and less risky one.

Alright, so you know my untitled idea involving time travel and dinosaurs, right? (If you don't know about it, you can find it here.) I am quite proud of the idea, and the commenters seem to enjoy it as well. (They suggested some changes though. For instance, Cletus is no longer a crow, but an African gray parrot. His dinosaur form is no longer a Troodon, but an Oviraptor. And the dinosaur professor is no longer an Oviraptor, but a Deinocheirus. I also abandoned the idea of Alex encountering primate versions of his friends from school.)

Anyways, one thing I'm having trouble with is what kind of character development to give Alex, since all good protagonists need some sort of development. The only one I can think of is that he's kinda cocky and arrogant when he's first introduced, but becomes less cocky as the story goes on, but that has been done millions of times with this type of character.

I might also think of some sort of development to give Magnolia as well. I was thinking that when she's first introduced, she's constantly wanting to win and be the first at everything, but when they learn how to defeat Cletus and fix Alex's timeline, she swallows her pride and allows Alex to do it.

Hell, I may even give development to Poncho, even though non-talking animal sidekicks don't usually get development. (Though that's why it would be interesting.)

So, any suggestions for how my protagonist(s) should develop from reading the synopsis?