Discussing "New Hope"

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Sea Wolf, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

yawn...I have awoken...fear me

. Amelyn do what ever you want but I Think a character who is with the fathers would be great. then again I kind of want to see the other races as well, aside from elves.

So far we have three rebel characters and one neutral character so ya.

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

Amelyn, I know we discussed this previously, but we do have a new character on his way who is allied with the NCF.

Phoenix, I believe Kelly is flying into the area where all the characters are. I hope Aeros regains consciousness in time to hear the evacuation signal! ;)

3. Exzalia

Guys I just had a boss idea and I want all of you to tell me if this would be a good way to advance the story.

Alistair finds Kate standing over the body of Areos. Knowing his hatred for humans, it will be safe to assume he may jump to conclusions. This starts a skirmish between Kate and Alistar. Eventually Kate manages to escape but since she knows nothing of what's happened to New hope she bring Areos with her trying to protect him. Thats when she picks up the evacuation signal and brings the still unconscious Areos to Kelly. Kelly is half human so I doubt she'll shoot Kate on sight, even more so if Kate is bring an injured elf.

This will
    A: Build tension between Kate and Alistar, setting up for the moral dilma in which she must choose between Rebels or the Fathers.
    B: get all the characters involved in an exsiteing way.
    c:Create very entertaining dialogue as Alistar will be shocked to see the human who he had just fought chatting away with Areos and Kelly, at the evac site.

4. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

*Name: Doctor M

*Species: Pixie. Pixies are not like the ones written about in stories for children. The real one's are long lived and for the most part appear as human but with red eyes. Pixies are able to activate their pixie gland. Depending on how they activate it, it will either elevate their human from or change them straight into their pixie form.

*Appearance: 6"3 (Pixies are not small). Tanned skin, short spiky brown hair and sun glasses to hide his red eyes. He wears a long kevlar trench coat and has a small back pack containing medical supplies. You'll have to wait and see his pixie form :p

*Class: Medic

*Class Feat: M can inject other people with the fluid from his pixie gland. This allows for a variety of effects (pain suppression, enhanced strength etc.) for a small amount of time.

*Alliance: Rebbellion

*Faction: The United Earth Federation Space Force humanitarian division

*Weapon: M has to 4 barraled shotguns he keeps hidden beneath his coat. He also has a long set of claws like most Pixies.

*Character Background: M was born into the New father army as his parents worked with them. M's parents were killed trying to escape but managed to get M to safety. He vowed revenge and joined the Rebels as a medic.

*Other Relevant Modifiers: M owns a small 3 person speeder named susan after his mother. He uses it to get around the battle field or to othe places where people need his attention.

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf New Member

Exzalia, that's funny, as I planned for Aeros to take Kate hostage upon awakening near her, and then forcing her and Nate to the evacuation site. Same idea, pretty much! We'll let Alistair weigh in on what he plans to do!

6. Exzalia

At first I was like. Awesome Mr Mr was joining!

Then I was like Pixies? Really? (<_<)

Now I'm like, pixies sound awesome! welcome to the game!

7. Exzalia

Your plan is pretty cool too.
    But yes lets wait for pheonixes input, hope he comes soon.

8. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Simon character sheet

Name: Simon

Species: Human

Class: Sniper

Class Feat: Steady eye: grants large accuracy bonus to long-range weapons, affects nothing else.

Alliance: NCF

Faction: Exterminists: a political group that believes all the humanoid fantasy races should be completely eradicated. They had little support before the Rebellion, but their numbers enlarged when the elves defected.

Weapon:
    Long-range: Sniper rifle
    Mid-range: Pistol
    Melee: Short-sword

Character Background: Simon was born shortly before the economic collapse of New Hope, although his childhood was uneventful besides that. His family was wealthy and held the Exterminist view for as long as anyone can remember. Due to the unpopularity of it, he was shunned as a child, although he only minded when it was human kids doing the shunning. Simon spent a lot of his time, both as a kid and adult, perfecting his aim, which led to him becoming a sniper for the NCF's army. He eagerly awaits the day it'll be legal to hunt the fantasy races like they were game. He's short, at 5'5, but stocky.

9. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Simon fired at Kate, but it's obviously going to miss (unless you want her dead already, Exzalia). I figured it'd be a nice way to get him introduced.

10. Exzalia

Things just got serious!

this may change the plan up a bit but that's okay, lets do this!
    Nice post by the way!

11. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Alright! New character!

Name: Arun Faiy

Species: Dark Elf

Class: Judicator

Class Feat: Heavily armoured - the Judicators wear a suit of heavy armour made from titanium and depleted uranium, a material easily forged on Eris, which makes them effectively bullet-proof. They are also extremely proficient with most weapons, but undertake more in hand-to-hand or melee weapon combat.

Also, as a dark elf, Arun has some telekinetic ability, and can disable some simple electronic devices.

Appearance: Arun is 5'8, which makes him shorter than most Judicators. He is built enough to wear the armor of his class, but not too big. He has thick and exceptionally dark grey hair, with complementary black eyes. His features are the sharp ones of an elf, and his skin tone is greyish blue.

The armour he wears on-the-job is fully black and covers him from head to toe.

Alliance: NCF

Faction: Erisian Protectorate

Weapons: Like most Judicators, he carries a thick bastard sword on his back, as well as a standard issue Erisian Protectorate Pistol and six-inch knife. The helmet of his armour is the most technologically advanced piece of military equipment on Eris. It has the option of infrared vision, night vision, as well as target tracking and vitals analysis.

Character Background:

Arun's father was the director of one of the largest investments banks in New Hope, the first dark elf to have elevated to such a high and affluent position, so when the exodus happened, him and his family were naturally one of the first to move to Eris. However, Arun wanted to do something more with his life than be the son of a rich banker, and when he was of age he decided to join the Erisian Protectorate. He wanted to be a law enforcer. At the time, the Protectorate were recruiting dark elves for special task forces because of their magical prowess, similar to what they had been doing on New Hope many years before.

After a couple of years of rigorous training and missions, Arun was recruited to the prestigious task force known as The Judicators. The Judicators were few, but very powerful, respected, and feared. They were called in only on the worst situations. Arun was the first dark elf to ever become a Judicator. As the rebellion broke out on New Hope, a colony that the inhabitants of Eris had nearly forgotten, the NCF called their allies in Eris for help. After a couple of months, a task force of four Judicators was assembled to venture over and assist the NCF with their military efforts. Arun was one of them.

12. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Forgotten, your character sound like a cross between a space marine and judge dread :p

13. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Haha - that's what I was going for Mr!

14. Snowmantheory

Snowmantheory New Member

@MrMr Space marines, we have felled the emperor!
    By the way, I will be joining in tomorrow night hopefully :) Some sneak peak information is that he is a Merfolk Assassin working for the NCF, so be ready. He could kill you one thousand ways with any given sea shell.

15. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

He could kill you one thousand ways with any given sea shell.

Haha! Awesome!

16. Exzalia

Nice move warp.

17. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Agh, this is driving me nuts. Two ideas I had have been taken. I really need to get my character together faster, LOL. Now my mermaid terrorist with nanomachines in her blood is gonna look like a mashup between MrMr's and Snowmantheory's characters. :(

Aw, screw it. I'm just gonna go ahead with my character anyhow. It will make the differences that much more noticeable.

18. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

That idea is so stupidly crazy it's awesome. Go for it.

Why thank you. Your character's reactions are pretty good, too.

19. Exzalia

Check :p

20. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I'm on! Alot happened since yesterday, Dang! Alistair is moving towards Kelly's transport. Is that near the where you guys (Exzalia and Warp Zone) are at? I think that some crazy stuff might be about to happen.

21. Exzalia

yes it is! hurry let the epic begin!

22. Pheonix

Working on a post! Might be the only one i get get in for tonight, so i'll try n make it good!

23. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Sorry, I misread your post Exzalia. I didn't realize Kate had brought the injured elf inside the building with her; I'll edit my post and fix it.

24. Exzalia

k I have to go for now. But I'll be back in a little while so we can continue the epic.

25. Pheonix

Warp, is it okay with you if I have Simon shoot at Alistair? He's rushing you headlong.