Discussing "New Hope"

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Sea Wolf, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

I'm back! Working on a post. Exzalia, Don't underestimate an angry dark elf! ;)

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Challenge accsepted. Lets do this!

3. Pheonix

I just realized i never posted an appearance for Alistair.

He is about 6' 5, and slim. He has ashen, almost blueish shin, and red eyes. His fine elven features contrast with the brutality in his eyes. A runic tattoo runs from just above his left eye down to his chin. He wears a suit of light combat armor, with a single pauldron on his left shoulder.

4. Pheonix

So, there it is, not much, but I couldn't figure what to do without controlling Warps character.

5. Exzalia

oh trust me you'll have plenty to do in a moment
    Muhahahah

6. Pheonix

I'll be waiting with baited breath :)

7. Exzalia

By the way, to make this fair I propose a battle system for us to use. I write what i think would happen, you read my post and if you disagree with the outcome tell me hear. We agree on a solution, I edit my post, then you write yours. I read yours and if I disagree with the outcome I tell you ect ect.

Exsample Char A does X to Char B
    But Char A can't do X do to a power or ability Char B has.
    The writer of Char B tells the writer of Char A why and so on.

You get it?

8. Pheonix

As long as no one gets killed i'm down. I'm only gonna stay for another half hour at the most, so lets get this show on the road!

9. Exzalia

well I'm done and of course no deaths. too early for that :)

10. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Those tend to go on for a long time and end in arguments. Well, this happens in my real-life experiences, at least.

I think we should just decide how the story would progress best, then have the battle go in a way that would end in the desired outcome.

EDIT: should've quoted Exzalia with the battle idea; that's what I was referring to.

11. Exzalia

maybe your right. Let us see how how it goes first, I can assure you I am a very agreeable guy.

The problem is you don't know what the opponent will do for sure. I may write that Kate knocks him out with a bolt gun. But what if that wouldn't work?
    It's only fair to give the other writer time to respond.

12. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

I agree with you.

13. Exzalia

Read your post phoenix, that was great. No problems here!
    I'll right her responce.
    His move blocks electronic units right?

14. Pheonix

Disrupts them, not permanently, just for about 30 seconds. Sorry, but I gotta go, got an early morning tomorrow. I'll be back tomorrow evening!

15. Exzalia

Alright! that was a nice skirmish you know my character very well. Good night hope to see you tomomrow!

16. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Looks like I missed the good-nights. Still, I added a bit.

G'night.

17. Exzalia

no you didn't :) good night!

18. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Wow sounding more awesome by the day. Really want to get in on it but really struggling to come up with a working character. Got a few ideas but want to have a fully devoloped char before I enter the rp.

19. Exzalia

I was just about to hit they hay when I saw your post. Bit of advice to help you out.

Think outside the box!
    develop your own kind of energy, or gene, or something, some mechanic to base your character around no matter how crazy.
    I won't give you examples because the creative process is all yours but try not to follow any rules to start. Then tone it down once you get a wild idea!

hope that helps

20. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Come on people by the cargo ship! :p

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Exalia, your battle idea may be better to do as PMs then post the whole thing.

22. Exzalia

Your peoples day just got better.... I have awoken.
    Why the hell I woke at 8:00 today is beyond me.

Mr: you may be right, but I thought it would be nice to let everyone know the idea.

23. Warp Zone

Warp Zone New Member

Pheonix, I just realized assuming your character landed in the streets was probably controlling it without permission... Do you want me to edit the part out?

24. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

New Character!

Name: Indira Blue

Species: Mermaid – unlike their deep-water counterparts, mer-folk from the shallow regions are amphibious shapeshifters, capable of taking on a human guise when out of the water. Indira can transform herself to look like any hominid of similar size and shape. However, she will revert to her natural form if exposed to water. Complete immersion in water will cause her legs to fuse into a fishtail for fast swimming, but this effect can take many minutes to undo.

Appearance: Indira usually adopts the disguise of a human woman (when infiltrating NCF territory) or an Elf (when she is on her own turf). She can be very cunning and frequently mimics others to confuse her enemies or test her allies.

Her true form is about 5’5” with a slender athletic build and pale blue skin with white facial markings, like war paint. She has dark, fierce blue eyes and elfin features, including long dagger-like ears. In place of hair, she has thick blue head tentacles, which hang down to her back.

Class: Biochemical Terrorist

Class Feat: Weaponized Blood -- Indira’s blood is infused with a genetically-engineered self-replicating nanovirus to maximize survivability during long excursions behind enemy lines. This gives her advanced healing and an extremely high resistance to most toxins, as well as absolute control over her blood. Indira’s blood acts as an extension of her own body and can even be used as a weapon.

Alliance: Rebellion (?)

Faction: Black Death – Indira is the leader of a small group of biochemical terrorists, notorious for their desire to eradicate the human race. This sentiment extends to half-humans and even humans who sympathize with the fantasy races. She is responsible for the bombings of many hospitals, schools, and civilian shelters, as well as military targets. Her ruthlessness and cruelty has put her high on the NCF’s most wanted list and even the Rebellion has refused to support her unless she changes her ways.

Weapon: Indira is skilled in most firearms, but rarely carries more than a standard handgun. When forced to fight, she prefers combat to be visceral and close. Few people have bested her in a knife fight.

Character Background:
    Of all the fantasy races to escape Earth’s destruction, mer-folk are one of the rarest. Exposure to the irradiated oceans led to high mortality rates, especially among the weaker shallow-water subspecies. Many of those who did escape suffered from mutations and illnesses which were passed down through the generations. Indira’s mother was very frail and confined to water, due to a genetic defect that made her bones too brittle for walking. She spent her days doing tricks in a fish tank at an amusement park for human tourists. Her father was physically fine, but mentally deficient. He had the mind of a child and worked a minimum wage job scrubbing toilets and mopping floors.

Indira, on the other hand, was an incredibly intelligent girl. She got high marks in school and went on to pursue a medical degree. She was enthralled with the idea of curing the various diseases and afflictions that held people down. For her doctoral thesis, she began developing a panacea -- a cure-all for everything from brittle bones to dementia to the common cold. Shortly after having a major breakthrough, civil war broke out on New Hope. A day after that, she was informed both of her parents had been killed. Dr. Indira Blue and her “miracle cure” disappeared from the institute where she was studying. She burned all of her old research and set about eradicating the greatest disease of all: humankind.

25. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

No one seems to be playing humans! I might make separate short profiles for the other Judicators. Treat them as named NPCs for now please... i.e, don't kill them!