Discussing Paradisus/ The Imperium of Surmarack

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

@Ltw I like it very much. You really developed your character alot in one post! Just as a note, even as a minor house, Aladora would still have a delegate in the House if Conventum right now, unless that delegate was Fay's father, because he was off Surmarack. In which case, he's probably alot better off... Anyway, don't know if you want to address that or not, but just so you know!

I'll probably have Fay's grandfather be the delegate of the house.

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Alright, so I decided to just end the battle quickly, I wanted it to happen to set up tension and set the tone for relations between the Imperium and the Houses early on. Also, no one (PC speaking) was really in a position to benefit from a drawn out battle. From here, you can basically do whatever it is that you think your characters would do in the aftermath of that. But don't worry, there's more upheaval and unrest coming soon!

Nevermind, I deleted that post, Just remembered that there are people who haven't gotten their first posts in yet. Wish I hadn't jumped the gun.

3. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

I want to join! I'll read everything over on the train home tonight and get a character ready! Thinking I'll go Duren! :p

4. Pheonix

@forgotten Awesome! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

@Everyone else: I just wanted to thank everyone for their enthusiastic response so far. I was afraid this was going to be one of those that didn't get any responses, so thanks for keeping that from happening! You're all really bringing your A-game!

5. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

I'd say ending the battle right there was a good idea. Gives us more time to develop our characters (which I definitely need) and figure out how we are going to be a part of the eventual action. Is Coranum going to be locked down to any degree due to the incident, or are people/goods still free to move in/out of the city?

As far as RP planning goes, Mr Fox: would Malief be at all interested in acquiring the samples/information the Jarn team collected? It could be a point of contact/conflict for our characters, if ya want.

6. Pheonix

I'm gonna wait just a little longer, then end the battle. The city won't be locked down, but security will be heightened and access to Imperium civic buildings, such as the embassies, palace, and house of Conventum will be restricted. Other than that, the Emperor is confident in his forces capability to retain order, so life in the city should carry on as normal.

7. Forgotten_Memories

@Ecxalia: I think this would be the perfect time to introduce yourself in the briefing room for the NCF. Have the Deputy Commander introduce you. :)

Edit: WRONG RPG! Haha... ignore this post!

8. Pheonix

@forgotten I think you got the wrong thread lol XD

9. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

@Cynglen I think its a great idea to get our characters in dialogue, but personally I'm having trouble thinking of a reasons Malief would want geological samples. Though I did have one possiblity - a member of your four researchers could have actually been doing some studies into finding areas where ingredients for the illegal drugs are growing, and gets into contact or delivers them with Malief. Again I'm not sure if thats the best way to go but if you have any ideas let me know!

10. Pheonix

Just as a suggestion Fox, Malief is looking for a contact in house Jarn, right? Cynglen's character and his companions are all Jarn, and at least one of them is fairly high ranking.

11. Forgotten_Memories

Right! I'm caught up! Going to make my character now! :)

12. Fan7asticMrFox

@Pheonix I did think that, depends whether one of the characters has enough power within the house, and is greedy enough to exchange Malief's wealth for his/her vote or decisions.

13. Pheonix

@fox looks like you know whats going on here :) I will desist in my meddling and let you two sort it out!

@Forgotten Sweet! Can't wait to see what you've got in store!

14. Fan7asticMrFox

@Pheonix no dont think like that, any suggestions would be great - I am still trying to get my head around everything, but I think thats the beauty of this particular RPG - its very indepth and has the potential to be very intricate :)

15. Pheonix

Alright, well if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to ask. I know there's a lot going on at once here!

16. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Well Mr Fox, I haven't detailed everything yet, but the team was out in the field for a month collecting samples and observations on geology, animal, and plant life, and the expedition (and other ones Brezzo has been on) is by no means clandestine. They've updated terrain maps, sampled soil conditions, collected new types of fungi and other plant matter, and also explored a few caves. As a business mogul, I think Malief would be interested at least in the sheer information they had about areas which people do not frequent. Information can mean very different things to very different people.

I think I will take some time to flesh out the other Jarn characters. I initially thought we'd be getting into the action real quick and only planned to use them to get Brezzo to the scene, but, with Pheonix's permission, I'd like to explore the members of House Jarn a bit now. At least, the ones Brezzo is in contact with.

17. Forgotten_Memories

Character Name: High Priestess Kalara (The Spirithealer) Yldrig

Race/Species: Isthus

Appearance: Kalara is an older Isthusian woman, but has maintained her grace and beauty despite her age. Her skin is fair, she has emerald green eyes, platinum blond hair that runs down past her shoulders but is usually tied up in a bun, and her skin is slightly wrinkled. She has the sharp and perfectly symmetrical features of an Isthusian, and pointed ears.

She usually wears the raiment of the Suvos Mactan - a white robe with a golden trim, and a large gold cross embroidered on the back. The hood of the robe is large enough to almost completely cover the wearer's face. Kalara also wears a white veil across her face when out in public - to further conceal herself.

Background: The Yldrigs were a poor Isthusian family who resided in Coramun. Kalara's parents were zealous Mactanists, and when Kalara was born it was clear that she had great control over The Flow. Her parents thought that she was blessed, and they enlisted her to join the Church as an acolyte, where she grew stronger and stronger with the lessons of the Mactanist priests. Then one day, Kalara's parents were mysteriously murdered, and the little Isthusian was taken in by the Mactanists. She was trained and advanced up the ranks for the past four hundred and fifty years. She is now known as 'The Spirit Healer', due to her astounding prowess with the healing power of The Flow - the most difficult to master.

Skills/ Special Abilities: Kalara is a very proficient user of The Flow, especially in healing. She is also known to have a silver tongue, and can be very persuasive.

Equipment: None.

Weapons: None.

Miscellaneous: She wears intricate white gold jewellery - some in the forms of crosses and triangles, the symbols of the church.

Family/House: Yldrig

Faction: Suvos Mactan

---------

I will try to get a post up tonight, but I'm not too sure if it'll happen!

18. Pheonix

Go right ahead! Sounds like a good idea to me!

19. Pheonix

A few (more) things that I wanted to clarify!

1. The Surmarack station has been completed for 40,000 years, give or take. It's come to my attention that that detail may not have been clear in the initial description.

2. The Isthus live really long. We're talking around 1500 years on average. Some longer than that. This i definitely did not specify in the first post.

So, there's that! Hope that clears up any confusion any one may have had/been going to have/ is having. Carry on!

20. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Did not know that about the Isthus.

Cool then, Pheonix. I will add some depth to my originally 2D characters.

Also, I should ask if anyone has issues with some explicit language. I use it sparingly during scenes of intense emotion, but I don't want anyone turned off from the RP because I threw out a few rough adjectives.

21. Pheonix

Please, no F bombs. I'm alright with most others, but I don't want that one used in here. If you do NEED to use it, write it blanked out (e.g: F***). I'd like to keep this as family friendly as possibly.

22. Pheonix

Signing out for the night! Goodnight all! I won't be back till tomorrow night, but feel free to post as you see fit!

23. Forgotten_Memories

Okay! First post done! My others won't be as long, I promise!

Also, it double posted for some reason, just ignore the second one guys! :)

24. lachesis77

lachesis77 New Member

Character Name: Renaith Nelvas

Race/Species: Isthus

Appearance: Though a relatively young male Isthus, Renaith looks and acts much older than he appears. He has pale skin, cropped black hair and dark brown eyes. His clothing is plain, but also extremely formal since he often wears clothes made of fine fabrics. He stands straight and tall to match his almost rigid personality.

Background: Renaith Nelvas comes from a long line of distinguished and influential aristocrats among the Isthus. His father and grandfather were Imperial envoys who regularly dealt with the various houses, so it was only natural for Renaith to follow in their footsteps. As the Imperial Diplomat of the Houses, Renaith is the pride of House Nelvas.

Renaith has many acquaintances among most of the races, though few he would call friends. He is neither married nor linked to anyone romantically, as he tends to prioritize his work above his personal life. The sole exception to this rule is his younger sister, Telluria, whom he adores more than anyone else in the world.

Skills/ Special Abilities: Much like all Isthus, Renaith is able to control the Flow. He has some telekinetic abilities and can communicate with other users of the Flow telepathically. He is also prone to having vivid dreams of possible futures. As a high-ranking diplomat, he has developed a sense of tact and understanding of the races living on Surmarack.

Equipment: None.

Weapons: None.

Family/House: House Nelvas

Faction: Loyalist. Renaith is also a member of the Diplomaticum.

---

I'll try to get a first post up sometime today!

25. Pheonix

@Fogotten, sweet first post! I really like your character!

@lachesis Welcome aboard!