Discussing Paradisus/ The Imperium of Surmarack

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Pheonix, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Thanks Pheonix! I have plans for her. I like that this RPG is more political than action-y! Or do I have the wrong impression? ^.^

2. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

I think there will be both sides of the coin, though most of the characters thusfar aren't exactly military personnel. I certainly hope for more discussion/plot development than straight out fighting. Would stink if we all started hollarin' for The Spirit Healer at the same time.

3. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Tezriac the flow Mancer

What? You thought Pheonix would start a game and I wouldn't join?
    behold Tezriac the flow mancer.

name: Tezriac

Race: human

appearance: Tezriac or Tezz for short he is 5ft7. This mysterious looking person usually wears a hood in public. unenvied he has dark skin, but unlike most dark skinned humans his hair is not also black. But is pure white, what's stranger is that his eye's are blue. He where's a futuristic looking hoody, with long robe like sleeves that cover his hands and appear to be made out of more leather than cloth. His out fit is dark blue with splashes of silver.

Personality: Tez is quiet calm and collected. Very intelligent and calculating. He does not speak unless he has to. But his personality means he has poor social skills. This is especially true for member's of the opposite sex. This also give off the illusion that he is cold hearted, but in reality he is very kind and noble.

History: Project Tezriac, was started by a secretive house living in no mans land. In secret a group of scientists backed by a few members in the Alaouda house developed a theory. They believed humanity should head back to earth. But they do not believe any one, even the Alaosdians had the ability to do it. Not even the most advanced fleets could make it back to earth...At least not the conventional way. Tezriac, is code name for, the flow verse. An insane theory that one could use the dimension magic users get flow from as a gate way, to EARTH! In theory everything is connected by the dimension below ours (We'll call it the flow verse) One could get around the challenges of flying through normal space by short cutting through the flow verse. Thus project Tezriac was started. Tez's parents the leaders of the project tried to combined magic, and technology into to something capable of that. After many years of failed experiments they finally managed to create...the mana drive!
    this device could transport matter through the flow verse, by following the energy trial of the flow entering this world back to its source (The source being the dimension flow comes from) But. There was a problem, the flow verse reacted violently to matter from other dimensions entering it, and quickly ejected anything they tried to put through the flow verse. 10 meters was the distance they where able to warp anything before it was thrown back out. If they could only master this top secret achievement, they could warp entire fleets back to earth.

But as they worked, whiff of their attempts reached the God emperor. the technology was not only illegal., but it violated the emperors law that no one try returning to earth. Their research was destroyed, all the scientists were killed, the mana drive disappeared, the government does not know where it is. But... Their greatest achievement remained. Tezriac him self.

Tezz was the child of the two leading scientists behind the Tezriac project, and there crowning achievement, genetically engineered to better control flow, and out fitted with flow fuel cells he rivalled even the sanhidrin in his mastery of magic. When they realized they had been found out they surgically hid the mana drive In Tezzriac when he was only 13.

Tezz has been runing since then, the key to returning to earth in his chest. He lives to kill the God emperor and continue his parents work. If they perfect this technology the good that could be accomplished. He will not allow even this God emperor to stand in the way of progress.

powers abilities: Tezz is human. But his power over the flow is much greater than any human should have. He was created to be the ultimate flow user, combining DNA from the two other magic races into his genes while he was still an embryo. As such he uses pure magic. He can create barriers, fire shots of flow with his mind, he has telekinesis and can bend flow around him to mask his presence, . But his most powerful ability is, the warp drive. Using the mana drive, he has learned to warp him self a maximum of ten meters, anyone standing close to him when he appears or disappears will be thrown aside by a violent burst of flow. he can also warp objects if he is allowed time to focus on them. But all his power comes at a cost.

Weaknesses: Tess is frail. He gets little exercises and while is not chubby in the slightest, is not very strong either. He commands and impressive amount of flow but at most he can only fight for three minutes at a time before becoming too mentally fatigued and is forced to retreat. He suffers from huge migraines after fighting and can only use warp drive three times a day. He out puts lots of power but runs out of steam very fast. He has no armour, and no other means to defend him self.

goals: Tezz is amassing power, enough power to challenge the emperor. He seeks the mysterious Sanhedrin to learn more about the flow So he can use it to kill the emperor.

Weapons: As if he needs any

4. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Forgotten/Cynglen I was totally aiming for a more political and intrigue filled RPG than most that are going on. There will be some pretty big battles eventually, but I'm thinking that most the the players will be taking behind the scenes roles as the action is played out primarily by NPCs. I don't want this to turn into a straight up action game. And it appears that neither does anyone else!

For those of you whose characters aren't fighters (AKA everyone except Exzalia) try and play your characters as realistically as you can, given their station and personalities. I can't imagine most of you being actively involved in battles. Maybe behind the scenes, coordinating and directing. Does that sound good to everyone?

@Exzalia Glad you could make it!

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

OOh. Exzalia, Tezz should totally meet Fay.

6. Exzalia

That was the idea. :)

7. Exzalia

Okay I have all cuaght up. I'm thinking Tezz will either walk into Fays work shop or try to speak to the Sandhirian girl.

8. Pheonix

Who is the Sanhedrin girl your are referring to?

9. Exzalia

the one who was healing people. forgottens char

10. Pheonix

Oh! She's an Isthus. If you're looking for Sanhedrin, Fox's character is one, and he's fairly well know. Another Sanhedrin player should be joining today or tomorrow as well.

Nice first post. I'm glad there'll finally be some interaction between PC's

11. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

My new post is up! Thought I would add some content and some interesting developments... :D

12. Pheonix

Interesting! That's something I can work with!

13. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

I think I'll grab onto the quarantine of the House representatives to keep my group in the city. Thank'ye, Fox.

14. Fan7asticMrFox

No problem! Just made sense to do it!

15. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Oh, and not to call out any spoilers, but is whatever blew up the Douway embassy restricted to the Douway, or is that up for expanding the conflict/tension?

16. Fan7asticMrFox

I dont see any problems with expanding it if you want to, doesnt affect me. And even if it did, I would just adapt my writing to fit - its more fun that way, shouldnt restrict others creativity!

SLIGHT EDIT ^

17. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Cool. Not sure if I will use it, but just didn't want to run over any sub-plot you might have been working on.

18. Pheonix

I think it might be better if this was localized to Douway... it's a little to early for the heads to be cut off the houses. Hope that doesn't infringe on anyone's creativity.

19. Exzalia

@Forggoten

Seems you like my flow verse idea:) that makes me happy

20. Pheonix

Everything is progressing really well! I've got some stuff planned that i'll try and get up tonight! Keep it up everyone!

21. Cynglen

Cynglen Member

Nah, I wasn't talking about assassinations on a full-war scale, just starting plots against the individual houses. Don't think I will, though, since I've got another idea rolling to get Brezzo in touch with Malief.

22. Fan7asticMrFox

Come at me Cynglen! If you think you can handle it! muhahahaha

23. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Yeah, it makes sense, and I added the bit about everyone having their own flow network, which is kind of similar to midichlorians in Star Wars, as Flow is similar to Force - hehe!

24. Pheonix

Not 'similar to' its a straight up rip off! :p lol

25. Exzalia

Me and LTW have a massive post for you guys.