Discussing Spellbound Story Hour

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by JessWrite, Jun 23, 2012.

1. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

It's a lot of fun to have the reader point-of-view! Your characters are so awesome and unique, I gotta have Roxy know of them. They're best-seller books after all. (She's unsure about Disciple right now though, he may have to warm up to her.)

I can't wait to see how everyone gets a long...or not. :D

2. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Disciple is meant to be an unlikable character.

3. JessWrite

@NomadPenguin Haha, yep I thought so! Your character's book is probably more aimed at an older audience too, and Roxy's only 13. :)

@Everyone else: I love what you all are writing, I'm so excited!! Just a reminder though to be careful not to control other characters' mannerisms. If you're unsure, Private Message the player for their permission. As we get nearer to more dialogue don't be afraid to collaborate with each other by Private Message too. The story is all about forming relationships (friendly or not) with different people from different worlds as you work towards a common cause. That's what makes it fun and very entertaining! lol ;)

4. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Sry Mr Mr didnt think turning his head would matter to you il keep it in mind.

5. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

I'll have a character ready soon. It's a tough decision, because I have several ideas. I'll be sure to decide by tonight and send you the template Jesswrite.

6. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

It's fine spitfyre. I just mean in future (interactions etc), and he's wearing a helmet that your post didn't include but don't worry about it :)

7. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Zaris Redmist

Name:
    Zaris Redmist

Appearance:
    Deep Blood Red Eyes with a vicious yet gentle look to them with short black hair with pale skin, and about 5’10” in height, with a tone muscular build. Wears black assassin clothing with red stitching.

Brief Character History:
    A vampire that had been created in a laboratory many years in the future to be the perfect weapon in assassination for times of war, Zaris had been ordered to be terminated before he could be completed, but the doctor who created him couldn’t destroy what he made so he sent Zaris back in time. But the incomplete work on Zaris’ body had side effects compared to the soulless demons that have been written about so much in the past he has a conscience while still an unmatched swordsman he detests what and who he is and avoids drinking blood unless absolutely necessary.

Personality:
    Loner, Aggressive

Powers:
    Drinking blood heals his wounds, moves without making a sound, doesn’t burn in the sunlight ,Zaris’ blood is contagious and will turn someone into a vampire if any of his blood spills into an open wound.

Equipment and Weapons:
    A pitch-black sword with Zaris’ name engraved in blood red lettering, and a hidden blade attached to his left forearm.

Miscellaneous Info:
    Will work with others if absolutely necessary but will also kill them where they stand if they betray him, needless to say doesn’t have many close allies he can rely on if needed. But not un-open to having an ally or two.

8. JessWrite

@Naturemage Cool, I can't wait to "meet" your character! :D

Everything looks awesome guys! Just for mine and everyone's reference here are the characters so far:

-Roxy
    -Tina Sharp
    -Tarl Elmswood
    -Master Elodin
    -Jaye Audolf
    -Disciple Manning
    -Zaris Redmist

...and whoever else wants to join feel free to PM me. I may need to have Roxy cast a closing spell sometime, though. But, that doesn't mean the character couldn't have been pulled in before the closing. :)

9. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Name: Lylaunna Jenks or "Lyla"

Appearance: Lylaunna is a beautiful young woman with fair skin and fiery red hair that falls naturally into loose curls. She is all that is "tom-boy", keeping her long, thick hair in a messy ponytail most of the time. Women in her era are accustomed to wearing thick dresses, but not Lyla. She is normally clad in jeans, boots, and a long-sleeve button-up flannel shirt.

Brief Character History: It is the mid-1800's. Orphaned as a child after the death of her parents, Lyla was "illegally-adopted" by the famous gun-slinging outlaw, Richard "Rattlesnack" Killian. "Rattlesnack" was indeed guilty of the murder of Lyla's true parents, but that still remains a mystery to her. Lyla proved to be a prodigy when it came to the art of gun-slinging and Killian, a "gunsman wizard" himself, taught Lyla everything she now knows. Together, they rob banks, trains, and pretty much any straggler that straggles across their path.

Story Genre: Fictional/Western/Drama

Personality: Lyla is a different one indeed. She is a young "force-to-be-reckoned-with" and has a very quick wit. She has a lot of internal conflict mainly dealing with the where she came from, who her real parents were, and the usual teen-angst..alongside being raised by an infamous killer.

Powers (if any): N/A

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any): Lyla carries two Derringers in her boots and a Smith & Wesson Revolver in a holster on her waist.

10. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

In our posting on the RP, can we perhaps do like "Flash Back" postings about the reaction of our disappearance in our characters home world/time? I think it would be kind of cool.. like 1 or 2 posts about how they are dealing with the dissappearance. You could possibly address such posts by putting something in the title to let readers know when its a flash back post..?

11. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

It's not need though, in a story mabye, but this is playing as your character. I suppose you'd have to ask Jess.

12. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

Name:Julian Antonovich Romanov

Appearance:Wavy brown hair, chocloate brown eyes, dimples, full lips, tall, wears a thigh length pea coat. Black. Designer clothing underneath. Very clean and proper.

Brief Character History:Julian is my character from my uncompleted book, Watch and Whisper. He is a vampire. He was born, not turned, and of Russian descent. He and his family moved to the United States shortly after he was born because the Russian council was way too strict. The American council would allow Julian's parents to raise him with no interference from them.

Story Genre:Fantasy/Romance

Personality:Very old fashioned, tactful, chivalrous, kind because it is expected, but not so caring for humans because every one he gets close to dies, so he limits his relationships to those of his own kind. Even in his work, (he is a professor at a University) he tries not to get close to his students. All humans are the same. They die. Point blank.

Powers (if any):He is a whisperer, which is the term used in my book for compelling others. (Like vampire diaries, lol) He has typical vampire powers. Compelling, supernatually fast, stong, and has senses magnified times a hundred.

Equipment and/or Weapons (if any):none other than his powers.

JessWrite, your inbox was full! I hope it's okay that I posted it here first?

13. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

Forgot to add that Julian is teaching his new soul mate (they haven't come to terms with this yet though) how to thrive as a vampire. She is newly turned and has trouble with her abilities.

14. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

I really love your characters! I have a husky so I'm partial to wolves... hehe

15. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Sounds cute! Ooooh! Your character is from the same era as my character. :-D

And Mr. Mr.: Yeah, it was just an idea.. sort of to give a little more background to your character, like a small excerpt of your character's present time..not really following along with the entire RP. But, yes, it's up to Jess but I'm A-O.K. either way, just sounded like a fun suggestion. :D

16. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Uh oh another vampire and wolves? This is going to get interesting quick. Haha

17. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Thank you. I have a dog myself, unfortunatly not a husky, which is my fav, but he is cute none the less... I have tried to do this kind of thing with human and dog before but the rp died lol. I love the idea and also the challenge of trying to write things from the dog's perspective as well... makes for an interesting story...

18. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Lol very interesting... though Llop is just a normal wolf and has not idea of vampires and thus doesnt have any of the usual issues with them other then the fact that they smell funny and like blood lol!! He shouldn't cause any problems unless ur characters dont like plain old wolves...

19. nomadpenguin

nomadpenguin Member

Do any of you experience pressure to write very quickly so that no one can post something that ruins what you were going to write? THis is my first RPG, so maybe this is normal.

20. huskylover103

huskylover103 New Member

LOL I hadn't seen the other vampire character until you posted that! Ohh I wonder how they will get along..... and how they will take to the wolf. My Julian likes dogs, but again, they die. Anything that dies he tries not to get attached to. I love your idea that he was created in a lab ----- if this was your idea.... lol I haven't heard of this book if it isn't! Different. :)

21. MissAnndroid

MissAnndroid New Member

Yes, every time I post, actually. :]

22. JessWrite

@huskylover103 Oh no, so sorry about that!! I hope my inbox is working now. (Naturemage and Chronicle let me know if you didn't get my messages) your character sounds awesome, he's approved! :)

@MissAnn Sure you can have flashbacks within your characters POV, but I don't think we should bring up what's happening as they are gone. They live in a story and sadly aren't "real" people so I think they wouldn't be missed too much. lol I can't wait till Roxy tells them all they are from books. :D

@nomadpenguin Yeah, I'm the GM and feel that way sometimes. I love how everyone's posting though so I'm being patient. Roxy's not exactly a good leader anyway in this chaos. It's normal in RPGS that people's posts clash or have to change, but if you have something planned and are afraid a specific player might post before you get to, you can Private Message that person to give them the heads up. :)

Also, I want to thank everyone who has joined so far! This is bigger than I ever anticipated. You all (and your characters) are amazing!

23. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

You get used to it. After several posts you come to the conclusion not to sweat it...cause you can always edit later. :) Tina is not going to do well with 2 vampires in the room. She's barely dealing with one. hehe.

24. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Yeah this is my idea I think if I could ever finish the book and it got out there for people to read it would be a huge success. Or, at least I would hope haha! Thanks for enjoying my character so far I hope he continues to please.

25. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

I think Tina is starting to grow on Zaris he can't seem to get Tina off his mind haha