Discussion-Heart of Star

Discussion in 'Archive' started by losthawken, Jul 21, 2010.

1. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

So far so good, GMing can be a pain, and the logistics of so many players can be a handful. Just remember that as GM you dont have to be god, sometimes giving the players a little autonomy can be a good thing.

2. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

I think it's going well so far Justin! We have a lot more action on the Perseus at the moment because the three of us are literally fighting off a raider ship + a bunch of Fyers. The one thing I'm having trouble with is the technology, but I think that's because my character didn't really have a shard suit on in the beginning, so it's a bit difficult to do all the stuff everyone else is doing with their suits on. I'll need to make him wear one later on.

3. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Thanks guys,

Despite escaping the specter the Pelican will encounter another problem in the next post by the GM. I'm waiting for at least one player to post before springing that one on you.

From there it'll be a quick transition and then some time to develop your characters over the weekend.

I need one thing from you all though; lets make it a challenge to involve at at least two other characters in every post. Give the other players something to work with by interacting with their character or doing something that they cannot ignore. It helps with development and avoids the gaps where people are waiting around for the GM to do something. ;)

4. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

I'll post tomorrow. I had the friday night football game. Which is mandatory for marching band. and lasts till ~10

5. Zane

Zane New Member

Hey everyone, luckily I managed to be here today :D

I will only be able to come back on Monday

6. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Hey guys, sorry for the random disappearance. My hard drive died on my computer quite suddenly a week ago, so I've been without computer access or internet. I should be back in action on Monday or Tuesday (This is a friend's laptop, which I only get a short time on).

7. jonathan hernandez13

And I have been walking around with a buzz for two days straight. An old war buddy of mine was in town with the fam and he drinks like a damn fish...he also wanted to do alot of touristee stuff and they can walk their butts off, I am pooped!

I will lay down now:redface:

plop

8. losthawken

So sorry guys, I was battling a computer virus this weekend. Finally fixed it in my windows system by booting from my portable linux system. I'll get to post together ASAP.

***EDIT***

Posted, I'm getting the Pellican to the next phase as quickly as I can. React and develop your characters for now. Try to stop the shard from driving the ship into the star, but DO NOT succeed. This is my mechanism for getting you where I need you all, and a designed to clue your characters into the importance of this shard in near future.

9. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Wait, we're supposed to fall into a star?

This is going to be shorter than I thought.

Oh, and why can't we just take the shard out?

10. losthawken

You can try and take the shard out, but its not a typical shard. It has a mind of its own, and is going to drive your ship right into the star.

Obviously you won't all die, and even though you can probably guess I'm not going to tell you what will happen. I've got to preserve some sense of suspense and realism...

This should be the last phase where I force you guys through events. Things should be pretty well set up after this so that I won't need to.

11. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Note: the intent of that post is not that the shard's "mind of its own" deliberately shocked her; it's just the normal result of someone cutting a live high-voltage cable.

12. losthawken

Great work Dustin and JH.

In case it isn't clear, the shard has warped the Pelican into the Sirrus system, not far from the source of the emergency beacon. Your characters need to decide what to do next.

What's the hold up on the Perseus?

13. jonathan hernandez13

Adam is not a tech character, so while he might have ideas he can't execute them without supervision. He's willing to help any way he can though.:redface:

14. losthawken

Sorry guys I'm dealing with a bit of a personal crisis. My boss informed me today that 'This[graduate school] isn't really what you want to do...'

His way of saying "Here's the door"

15. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

That's really tough...

I'm also want to apologize for being absent. I've just been swamped between a massive AP Lit project and Band.

16. jonathan hernandez13

wow...just wow

17. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

That sounds horrible Hawken! I'd hit him for you if I knew who he was...

I've been having a lot of international friends + family come visit lately, so I've been out of it too :S.

18. losthawken

Thanks for the support guys, I've got a few options that will keep me in the program. But it'll be a little tricky to pull off, not to mention an even greater financial strain.

On the up side, my brain gets over the shock, I'll have more time on my hands to be here :)

19. jonathan hernandez13

I heard they do stuff like that in post grad schools to see who is serious about being there and who isnt.

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, my hero, had to skip his MA and go straight to his doctorate because of conflicts with administration. And another hero of mine, Joseph Campbell, never got either because the staff denied him his choice of major (I think it was a tailored one). I think by the time he died he probably had a dozen honorary degrees though and he was teaching in colleges for years.

Just find an instructor who is willing to work with you, sme of them can be snobby and stuck up.:mad:

20. Aconite

Aconite New Member

First week of the semester last week here! From the professorial end of things, it's been busy here as well, as the first week basically amounts to 'Get the students who should be in your classes, in them; chase down the students who didn't do their work last semester; bargain for classroom and office space this semester; spend double the time on campus than you actually get paid to work.' It appears half of us went absent at the same time, though, so that's all good. I'll be making a post tomorrow EST daytime; apologies for hectic-ness. (For the record, if the game is still going in mid-December, I will be absent for about two weeks then as well [finals and grading.])

21. losthawken

Thanks for the support guys, I'm getting my brain sorted out and will be up for some more posting soon too :)

22. Zane

Zane New Member

That´s good to hear Justin :)

My school starts next Monday, and I will be very busy. Not that I will be studying all the time, but because I will loose my conection with the internet.

I will be able to come here everyday for one hour. At wednesdays I have free afternoon, that shall give me more time, and at Saturdays I have all the day.

I´m ordering a new computer, it will take a bit until I receive it, but I will keep in touch with the story.

It seems i´m not the only one busy either :cool:

23. losthawken

24. DustinTheWind

DustinTheWind Active Member

Aww, man!