Disney subliminal messages!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

my mum said it was in a news paper when she was a kid, my nans still got the artical somewhere

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Honestly, the idea that Walt & Crew might have been passing a doobie (that's what they would have called it in those days) is not a surprise in the least. The arts and controlled substances go together like water in a bong. No shock factor, no clutching of the pearls, so to speak. :rolleyes:

3. Azhigher

Azhigher Active Member

That they do.

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I always wondered about the inspiration behind certain scenes, but I had never heard that anything was confirmed/denied before.

5. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

It's not cannabis, it's cocaine.
    They're a reason why they all have bright pink, swollen noses.

:-D

6. hiddennovelist

Snopes.com says that rumor is false, too. I'm starting to doubt the validity of snopes...

7. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I know for a fact the claims that the word Sex can be seen in Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Aladdin are all false. The company that did some the the background and graphics work for all three fils as in fact named S.F.X. Besides. I don't even see sex on a closer look at the alleged scenes. I see SFX. On first glance the F can look like an E, but pause it and look at it for a bit and its obviously an F.

Another claim in Aladdin is that the scene where Rajah attacks Al when he enters the palace grounds, you can hear the subliminal message "Good teenagers, take off your clothes." Frankly I thought that one was total BS. I've seen that movie a thousand times and can't find it in the sound even when I try and mess with the speed on an old VHS we have XD.

I've never heard of the rescuer's ones before. I still have the original VHS releases so maybe I'll see what I can find XD. I think everybody knows about Roger Rabbit though. I thought it was one of Disney's dumber movies. In classic style, people realized how bad the movie was, and loaded it with sexual content hoping no one would notice XD. Its the first fall back when film makers realize their movie is bad. They load it up with innuendo and what not.

P.S. Anyone here ever seen the scene in The Wizard of oz were there is an alleged migit hanging himself in the background of one scene?

8. Eoz Eanj

Yes!
    I was wondering when someone would bring that up. I spent a good 40 minutes on youtube going through clips and studying the frames to see if there was any truth to the accusation. I found in one frame, in the scene where Dorothy comes across the Tinman (from memory), there's a tiny, grey shadow that sort of looks like a single entity 'hanging' in the far corner of the background, but hey, this movie was done in the 40's, the quality wasn't exactly prime.. so it could've always just been a shadow. It's impossible to tell, but dang it, my morbid curiousity needs to know.

9. Eoz Eanj

Yeah, the rumour is probably false, I'm just saying cannabis wouldn't be the drug of choice because it doesn't make as much sense as cocaine.

10. hiddennovelist

Ohhhkay, I gotcha. Yeah, I never heard the rumor was cannabis, I always heard cocaine...

11. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

after i found out about this one i went to my friends and watched the movie, it says it at two occasions, the one mentioned above and when they are in the cabe and Rajah jumps out of the sand, it says it when the horse is bucking.

never heared the wizzard of oz one, thats realy annoyed me now, we are doing it at school and i got the part of dorothy

12. hiddennovelist

Hmmm...I don't know, dude. I watched that movie over and over listening for it, and it didn't sound like he said that.

13. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Regarding the wizard of Oz thing, it's actually a bird, not a hanging midget. Something about one of the birds from the set being in the background. You can clearly see it once you know what it is.
    I looked into this myself a while ago.

14. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

believe me it does, i love aladin,it is one of my fav' disney movies and i was devostated when i found out. i have watched the movie five or six times just looking out for those bits and it defenetly says it.

15. Lavarian

yeah, we watched that section over and over too. Sounded like he was saying "take off your claws" to us. Which, really doesn't make much sense. (Unless the claws were on hmi at the time, I don't recall)

16. hiddennovelist

I love that movie, too, but I wouldn't be disappointed one way or the other. I just don't think that's what it sounds like he's saying. I think someone really high-tech needs to break it down and find out for sure what he says. :p

17. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

the thing and why would Rajah say take off your claws, as it is rajah who has the claws?

18. Lavarian

No, no. It's clearly the same voice actor who plays Aladdin that says it. At this point, the tiger is approaching Aladdin to protect Jasmin. Aladdin, being uneasy backs up and says "Take off your claws."

19. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

no as at this point aladin is saying good kitty good kitty and to me it sounds like rajah, though my mate saus it sounds like the gene

20. Lavarian

Well, here's a video of it. It sounds like Aladdin whispers it to my ears.

21. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

im still convinced it is Rajah that says it!!!

22. hiddennovelist

...Rajah doesn't talk...?

I'm with you on this one, Rob. Sounds like Aladdin.

23. hiddennovelist

Sorry for the double post, but I'm seriously confused about why you think that. I know it's been a couple months since I watched that movie, but I don't remember Rajah ever talking during the movie.

24. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

well it dosn't sound like aladin so it's either the gene or a voice over

25. hiddennovelist

Well, if it's not Aladdin, then Aladdin didn't say "take off your clothes." Rumor disproved. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.