1. nhope

nhope Member Reviewer

Do you ever think about how you think?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nhope, Aug 28, 2011.

Sometimes when a question is posed I have the start of a response but when I read the other responses what I was thinking was a bit off from everyone else. Or, I think of something funny, or at least my type of funny, but the other posts are more serious, and v-v.

Sometimes I wonder if the reason I write is because I feel like I'm the only one that understands how I think.

How do you feel about how you think?

2. Thought

Thought New Member

Haha yea I think about it all the time actually, I usually end up at the conclusion that I'm just different from everyone else....then again everyone probably feels that way.

3. nowordswriter

nowordswriter New Member

Mmmm, perhaps not so much what I think as to what I see. The way some people view things and think it's so spectacular, and then I look at that same exact thing and see nothing special. Or vice versa.

I think the difference in views is a fascinating subject worth learning about, hence my love for psychology, but it puzzles and occasionally irks me. It does make you wonder though.

4. Shahar

Shahar New Member

I think having a different point of view from the majority in a discussion is fresh and intersting. I believe seeing things with only one shade is unhealthy because everything has more then one side, and so theres nothing wrong with thinking differently.

5. Heather

Heather New Member

I'm usually the sort of person who says what I was origionally going to say, whether it conforms with what everyone else was saying or not. Like in class discussions, for example, sometimes the more obscure, different answer is the right one (and sometimes it is totally off the mark, but it's always worth the risk trying it out). I'd always advise someone to say what they were really thinking/going to say (as long as it's appropriate).

On a slightly different note however, sometimes I wonder (usually when on the bus) if someone near me can read my thoughts, and then I wonder if I am thinking weird thoughts, and do other people think different types of thoughts, and then I try and change what I'm thinking. It's a constant struggle trying to get to college on a morning :rolleyes:

6. Acidz

Acidz New Member

Indeed, I scare myself sometimes, so many times that I had to leave the room or place because my thoughts overwhelmed me so much that it felt like a trip gone bad, at the same time I thought what if someone could read or listen to my thoughts... Like when someone looks at you in a strange way but doesn't say a thing? now when that happens I try to change my thoughts, only to find myself confused or making it worst...

I constantly think about how I think, I usually end up thinking a thousand things about one single thing, Like a stupid example: Say I need to go buy milk, I will think of all the ways to get there, then what if something goes wrong, what will I do then, How far do I need to walk if my car breaks down... What if , what if what if.... so pointless..! , also a simple conversation with someone: Like say you need to tell someone something, I will think about a thousand ways to tell them that, and already in my mind I worked out the most common answer to each of the question that mite be asked within the conversation and same goes for the answers... ha-ha it's messed up.

Heather -->
    Yes I agree with that "as long as it's appropriate" always answer what you really thought about, rather then following someone else... Take the risk its worth it!