Do you play a musical instrument?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jaclyn, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

I started playing guitar 4 years ago BECAUSE of Kurt Cobain, and so did my brother. :)

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I tried to learn to play the violin...it hurt my ears I was that bad so I gave up and went and learnt the harp. I played that for a few months and gave up for certain reasons I won't go into. But it is a lot of fun playing the harp and not that many people do.

3. evizaer

evizaer New Member

I've played drums (kit mainly) for 12 years now. I took lessons for most of that time and only got passionate about it at all in the middle of high school. I can play almost anything you throw at me (aside from some intense jazz, latin, thrash).

4. ivy

ivy New Member

I play the Irish tin whistle, or pennywhistle, as it's sometimes called. You might have heard it in Celtic music, without knowing what it was called. Or maybe you know. Maybe it's one of those things everyone knows. I don't know.

I also play the piano, but I play that by note, while I play the pennywhistle by ear. I've been trying for years to learn the acoustic guitar, but can't discipline myself to practice enough to make any progress.

evizaer, I wish I played the drums. I have no rhythm, and I'm too old to start, but I've always had this secret fantasy of myself as this incredible drummer. Don't laugh!

5. Frost

Frost Active Member

Never too old to start drums mate. All it takes is alot of practice.

6. ivy

ivy New Member

...and a drum set! Maybe that's what I'm too old for. **sigh**

7. evizaer

evizaer New Member

Do you mind a lot of noise and do you have a lot of money to spend?

8. ivy

ivy New Member

No to both questions. Maybe I could buy a pair of drumsticks, and play on old trash can lids, glass bottles and detergent jugs, like they do in "Stomp." There's a guy who does this on the street, in Seattle, every day. I could watch him for hours. (Except that he lives across the world....)

I would totally need lessons though. A few, at least, to get me started. :cool:

9. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

How did I miss this thread?

I've been playing guitar for the last seven/eight years, and have been playing drums for the last 10 months as well. Not at the same time, though I have done that before :p