Do you think there's a dating double standard? (Rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alesia, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Alesia

Alesia Pen names: AJ Connor, Carey Connolly Contributor

I know that feeling. Remember a month or so ago I opened a rather lengthy discussion on why I couldn't show my family my novel series (my MC is a lesbian leaning bi-sexual) Yet, they all claim to be tolerant and very much so NOT RACIST lol.

2. Alesia

@Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Maybe that's why mi'lady keeps dropping little bombs about being worried I'm going to get stolen someday :rolleyes:

3. DPVP

DPVP Active Member

personally, i would be uncomfortable dating a woman that was much older then me. also if i did not work the 50+ hours a week business life style i would feel weird dating a woman that did. yet i dont think i would have an issue dating someone that does not in my current situation. people are weird and have their preferences.

4. Duchess-Yukine-Suoh

Duchess-Yukine-Suoh Girl #21 Contributor

Lol? :confused::p

5. Alesia

She doesn't do the whole business lifestyle. Down to earth country girl, raised on a farm who currently works at an auto parts factory. They just maker her work obscenely long hours.

That's what I meant about her dropping those hints about being worried. Apparently her friends/co-workers are saying the same thing and it seems to be getting under her skin a little.

6. graphospasm

graphospasm Member

Not that it will make you feel any better, but I feel your pain. I was once in a relationship with a much older woman and faced all kinds of age-related scrutiny. "Do you like her because she reminds you of your mom and makes you feel all warm and safe?" BLECH. I'm not going to get into the scrutiny we faced for the lesbian aspect of the relationship.

I think age differences draw criticism no matter the paired genders. I think older-woman-younger-man simply happens less often than the reverse so it knocks people for a loop--kind of the shock value of it, I guess. Anyway, you have my support. Keep on truckin'!

jazzabel likes this.