1. Noya Desherbanté

Noya Desherbanté New Member

Does anyone remember Bebo Books...?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Noya Desherbanté, Nov 12, 2010.

I was a member of the social network site Bebo, until they got all advert-y and complicated and I graduated to Facebook (also known as the Great Distraction). Has anyone been a member on there, is still a member, and remembers Bebo Books (can't remember if that's what it was called)?

Basically it was a little category of the site, like Facebook Pages or Groups, where members could literally post up their own stories, or whole novels, in chapters, gain followers, accumulate comments, feedback and post polls, etc. They could upload a profile pic of their 'book' and write a short synopsis. From what I remember, nearly everything on there was very emotional, dark, young teenager stuff (it's probably all Twilight fanfiction now, in the same vein - wait, vein! Ha!), but there was some good writing up there.

Looking back, it seems like a rather odd little thing to hang on the side of a major social network, and I don't know if it's still going on. But I was ever so grateful to it because it introduced me to the idea I didn't always have to submit to traditional publishers to get someone - anyone - I didn't know to read my writing, and it also afforded me a fantastic fellow-writer penpal in America. :D

What a thought if Stephanie Meyers started out on Bebo...

2. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have an odd recollection of a site called Bebo... I'm not too sure though. But it does sound very oddly familiar.