1. AdamkB

AdamkB New Member

Beta Reading Searching for potential beta readers and gaging interest.

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by AdamkB, Apr 27, 2016.

Hello all, I would like to apologize if there is an appropriate forum for this post to be submitted too, how ever for now I will post this here.

So I am looking to gage some interest on a novel I am doing called: The Child and The Poet. It follows a young man who comes to a mysterious world and is helped by a man named The Poet. In fact why don't you guys read the synopsis:

The book follows a twenty-seven-year-old boy named Marcus who wakes up in a strange and fascinating world covered in blood. He is quickly found by a mysterious man who calls him self The Poet. The Poet offers to help him, feed him and give him shelter as Marcus attempts to figure out who the blood he woke up covered in, belongs too.

The same night Marcus is found, The Red Hawk Rebellion group liberate a town from the ruthless and religiously fanatic group of Federation soldiers. Men and women who will rape, kill, burn and torture to gain control of southern settlements all in the name of God.

We also meet Annie and Kevin, parents of a boy who committed suicide, who also wake up in this strange new world. Lost and confused they start looking for answers in this new landscape.

The central theme is suicide and religion.

Thats pretty much the synopsis of the book. If you would to know more I can always elaborate more. Now my goal here is to get some early feedback. I won't lie to you, I am still in the process of writing the novel. I am the type to get the chapter I am writing out, then go over it a few times, flushing things out and getting things flowing properly. So I don't consider this a first draft because I revise the chapter over and over until I like how it sounds and then move on.

Any who, I am curious if people would be interested. The book is Dark Fantasy and because of the violence, sex, themes of suicide, religion and other dark subject matter the beta readers I am seeking must be 17+

If this sounds like something you would be interested in beta reading, please let me know. I would be glad to share more information (no spoilers) about the book :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this post,

Love Love.

Shbooblie likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I will if you beta mine. :D It is a Sci-Fi/War novel told through the eyes of three MCs. :p It has language, booze, graphic violence, and suggestive language. Let me know if you would be willing to do a beta swap by PM. Thanks.

3. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

That sounds right up my alley. Not sure how good of a beta I am but on a personal level I'm interested :agreed: