Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youthpastor

youthpastor New Member

Is this allowable....

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by youthpastor, May 30, 2009.

Just curious, I would like to get people's feedback on some children's stories that I have written, but they are already posted on another site. Can I request people go there and check out the stories?
    God Bless,
    Bryan

2. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

i think (dont quote me on this) that as long as they are not published you can postthem on here but i dont think you can direct us to another webite

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's pretty clearly stated in the site rules:

4. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

To explain that rule (so people know it isn't completely arbitrary), its for the security of the WF population. There is a widely used method of malware upload called Install-by-Drive aka Drive-by Install and another called Drive-by Download. Through this method malicious software can infect a poorly or unprotected user computer simply by accessing a web page or opening an email. The rule exists to prevent anyone from using the site as a method of spreading harmful software.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Actually, no. That is part of why we limit outside links across the site in general. The Review Room is more restrictive because critiquing needs to be done on a more controlled copy. External content can change without notice and beyond control of the site, or be switched to include commercial content, and also may contain elements that are not to be part of a writing critique (music, videos, active content).

Furthermore, it is not convenient to send members back and forth to an external site or separate application while addressing passages within the text. Limiting critique to posted content provides a more uniform critiquing environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.