Does true beauty manifest itself through self-preservation?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by M9A8E6S4TO, Jun 5, 2009.

1. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

I hate when I don't visit threads like this for a while, then when I come back I don't know what's going on. Haha.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

You have left your topic untended, Maestro, and it has gone willy nilly! :eek::D

3. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

Haha, yes. I will have to try to get it on track when I get back from work.

4. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Yes, please do. Sorry for the derail, I got carried away.

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Same here. I seem to be assisting in getting a lot of threads off track today...sorry. :(

6. M9A8E6S4TO

M9A8E6S4TO New Member

They are related. If nobody cares about you, you don't live on in anyone's memories.

Yeah, we just said the same thing three times. We agree on this :p.

Yeah, you can't prove it, because it will always be open to interpretation. By "testing it out", I meant that I was testing my logic against other people's logic, to make sure that there are no fallacies I missed. The question about your example, though, is this: Why does a mother love her child? Could it be because the child was once, and still is ( in a way ), a part of the mother? Isn't it one of many mothers' worst fears to have her child die before her? Don't all mothers want grandkids?

She would attempt to save the child, but would her heart be in it as much as if it were her own?

I don't know what you're saying.

7. Vapor

Vapor New Member

When I measure myself as a whole human being there's a swirl of both beautiful and ugly (the latter often predominating). Art holds the allure of being able to create something that is "of myself" but hopefully with all the ugliness and uncertainty stripped away. I don't see how it could be immoral because to me that word means harming others. Your art may even bring others happiness or insight so I think that's further argument against creating art being immoral. Perhaps you meant is it selfish rather than is it moral.