1. MustWrite

MustWrite Member

So, this is me.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MustWrite, May 16, 2013.

I like the internet because I don't get quite so many of those 'Has anyone told you you're weird?' responses- you can be weird on the internet and no-one notices.

Well I live in the fabulous Northland area of NZ with my two young girls and my husband. I am always far too busy because I am interested in a lot of stuff and my girls don't let me have much time to myself. I am always sleep deprived and I struggle with my dyslexia, slow typing and/or RSI.

But I must write! I am compelled to. I get itchy fingers if I can't write for a while, once I was feeling anxious at this persons place and once I got some paper and a pen in my hands I felt so much better! It was before I'd even written anything, just the knowing I could helped.

Also if I didn't write down some of the stories/characters/dialogue/scenes multiplying in my brain my head would explode in this big gory mess that would take weeks to clean up.

I love the beauty of that sentence that feels right, you play with the words until they slide into that shape that feels and sounds right.
    I love stories, any stories that grab me and I love writing them even better than reading them, but I sure am still learning and this site is great!

2. lowprofile300

lowprofile300 Active Member

@MustWrite,
    Welcome aboard!

3. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

When it comes to the Internet, I think the weirder someone is, the cooler it is. Not always, but, well, kind of. Unique, I'd say. Or maybe even exotic.
    Good thing though that you solve itchy fingers by writing, instead of, you know, playing video games ^^

What kind of genre do you like writing ?
    Let me know and I will take a stab at its critique.

4. MustWrite

MustWrite Member

Hi I write mainly Fantasy, though I have tried a little sci-fi when I have a good idea.
    At the moment I am about 30 chapters through a first draft of a fantasy I don't know the ending for yet, it's the biggest-scale story I've written thus far and I'm finding it overwhelming at times.
    I could give you a small part that I'm happy with, but how do I go about that? Send it to you or post it somewhere?

5. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

6. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Hi there MustWrite, welcome aboard!

7. MustWrite

MustWrite Member

Thanks PyrZern, I don't feel ready to submit the novel as a whole yet, it is such a mess I think I would just confuse my readers, but I will try to be brave and share something soon!
    Thanks for the enthusiasm, :) joining your happy dance hehe