1. Its_Chase

Its_Chase New Member

It's Chase!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Its_Chase, Mar 3, 2008.

I'm just kidding. It's not Chase at all. It's Kyle. I'm nineteen. I was born in Detroit, moved to way too many places, and I'm now in that lovely craptastic place known as Florida. For now.

I've been writing since I was... Well, knee-high to a grasshopper, as the old saying goes. Which in actuality, makes very little sense. I think even embryos are bigger than a grasshopper, but my "medical knowledge" is pretty limited, seeing as how I have a horrible memory, which isn't really a good trait for a writer.

I take great pleasure in calling myself a writer, even though I'm my own worst critic, and my work is probably borderline horrible, anyway. I'm somewhat of a grammar nazi, too. Same goes for spelling. Punctuation. All those fun things.

I've started oh-so-many novels, I've lost count, but there's only two that I found remotely decent and worth continuing, yet I never work on them. One is horror-ish, called Jacob. (Think Friday the 13th meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre.) The other one is sort of a romantic drama type of thing, called What Memories Are Made Of. I'm not really sure what you could compare it to, nor do I think I could give a brief synopsis. It'd take up a good 300 words.

Anywho, as much as I like the ideas, I'm not really inclined to work on either of them. I've been writing fanfiction for about two years, but only for two shows. Predominantly Prison Break, and a couple one-shots for Supernatural.

I'm not much of a TV guy, but as much as I love music, and as much as it inspires me to write, I can't write while I'm listening to it. I get too carried away and start paying attention to the song. I've tried instrumentals, and classical music, but I always end up making up my own words instead.

I also have a terrible attention span, comparative to that of a light post, as my brother so eloquently put it.

I (more or less) live off of Ramen and sour cream & cheddar potato chips. But mostly Ramen. Beef Ramen. Microwaved. Drain the water. Mix in the seasoning. Mmm. I have to hurry up with this. My Ramen beckons me now.

I'm typically a nice guy, sort of. I'm sometimes quick to put someone in their place if I'm having a rough day. My sense of humor is typically incredibly dark and/or perverted, and I like it that way.

Whenever I actually think about writing, I envision a guy sitting in front of a typewriter in the middle of a room, with only a desklamp, drinking scotch/whiskey. Therefore, I regularly decide to drink and write, although I rarely ever make it to the writing part. The drinking sure is fun, though.

You can PM me, email me, IM me, or whatever the hell you want. I'm not picky, and I'm always up for a good distraction.

Any questions? Ask away.

2. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Wow that's a very thorough introduction lol :) Welcome to the site, Kyle. Its great to have another new member to the site and I do hope that you stick around and find what you were looking for.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hi Kyle, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Perhaps it was a very TALL grasshopper...

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Its_Chase

Its_Chase New Member

Haha, I have to drink *ohsomuch* before I can actually sleep. Insomnia is definitely my strong suit.

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm now feeling all warm and fuzzy on my insides, WITHOUT liquor.

5. bamXkasey

bamXkasey New Member

RAMEN NOODLES.
    :)
    welcome.

6. Its_Chase

Its_Chase New Member

Lol. Can't beat them Ramen noodles.

7. bamXkasey

bamXkasey New Member

they are the only thing my mum trusts me enuff to make.
    bad experinces with the thanksgiving turkey. ._O haha

8. Milady

Milady Active Member

This is by far the most thorough introduction I've seen. Congrats.

Yeah, the grasshopper thing never made sense to me either.

You seem like my kind of guy--grammar nazi-ism and ramen noodles all the way!

See ya around!

9. (Mark)

(Mark) New Member

Ramen Noodles and Potato chips? That sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen. You ought to be careful.

10. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hey there Kyle and welcome to WF.