1. Aidan Stern

Aidan Stern Active Member

Ask away

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Aidan Stern, Oct 12, 2015.

I liked the idea that I found in some threads of acting as a character. I suppose I'll try my hand at being my character, now.
    Please, ask me anything that comes to mind.

2. Lazzamore

Lazzamore Member

What's your name? How old are you? How many planets have you visited? Do you like Rice Pudding?

3. Aidan Stern

My name's Lukan, but no one calls me that. You can call me Luk.
    Well...
    Physiologically and in appearance, I'm about 25. Psychologically, I'm a whole range of ages. Mentally, I'm in my prime. Emotionally, I'm about 5. My way of coping with things is like that of a stereotypical teenager. I feel like I'm ageless. Chronologically?...I don't tell.
    I've never been on any planet other than Earth. As high as the probability is for Earth to go to Hell in a hand basket... I never took the time to think in depth about living on another planet.
    I do like Rice Pudding, I forget about it's existence though.

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Is your name pronounced Luck or Luke?

Do you have any pet hates?

What's the most hurtful thing someone you cared about could say to you?

5. Aidan Stern

Luke.

Pet hates? As in pets I don't like? Well, I appreciate all animals (I love nature), but there are a few absolutely-not's as far as owning animals.
    I wouldn't like to have reptiles of any kind, birds (such as parrots, cockatiels, other tropical/jungle birds), or rodents of any kind (but I wouldn't mind having bunnies, which are relatives of the rodents).
    I have had a dove and a raven under my care before. Not at the same time, of course.

"I hate you." At least, that's what most people would answer first. A second to this statement would be one in which a person insults another by calling them hurtful names and labels. But, philosophically, and perhaps psychologically (depending on the person), not saying anything can be the worst someone can do to another person.

*I, as in the actual me, liked your last question.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

I like this idea, but your character's voice sounds bland. Does your character have any speech impediments?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  7. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Here's a few.

You get a message from someone stating "I will reveal [Insert your darkest secret], unless you provide me with [Insert your most prized possession].

1.) What are the inserts above?
    2.) Who is your prime suspect and why?
    3.) Do you pay up or take matters into your own hands? If the former, why? If the latter, how?

Other questions:

4.) What are you ashamed of?
    5.) What are you proud of?
    6.) Would you or would you not get into the ring with a bull? (Real or figurative)
    7.) Biggest loss in life?
    8.) Do you have a code of sorts? If so what is it?
    9.) What's your biggest obstacle in life?

8. Aidan Stern

No, I do not have any speech impediments. What do you mean by bland? The wording?

1-3.)I would never get a message such as that. I guard any secrets I might have vigilantly. I don't have a prized possession either. I do like books and music, however. So I suppose that a few books, a piano, or perhaps some original sheet music could be inserted there. But then I would just go to the library for the books, I don't own a piano, and I memorize any music I create. Besides, music is free and full of expression, it can't be strictly dictated by written rules. If I were to get that message however, I'd think it came from the government.

4.)I am ashamed of how poorly and callously society acts. That is why I do my best to hold myself accountable to standards that are higher than the system.
    5.)I am not particularly proud of anything. I have never achieved anything worth being proud of. And I honestly don't care. The things that society portrays as important are trivial to me.
    6.)I would not.
    7.)I lost $5 once in a bus terminal.
    8.)Code? What do you mean?
    9.)Society.

9. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Yeah, do you have an accent or any unique aspects about the way you talk?

10. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

What was your favorite childhood toy?

11. Aidan Stern

I am always as articulate as possible in any given situation. I adjust my vocabulary according to my audience, but I do not lose any fluency. Does this make sense?
    I don't think I have an accent, but depending on where you're from, I might.
    Unique aspects? Not really, unless you count my ability to speak in 4 different languages in addition to English a unique aspect. I often use small phrases in these languages in my everyday speech.

*I was hesitant to use these languages, because I remembered reading somewhere in the rules about all posts being in English. If this is allowed (in small amounts) please tell me.

12. Aidan Stern

My family wasn't to financially secure, so I didn't have "toys" like the other children my age. I was content with my stone collection.

13. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

What do you want?

14. Aidan Stern

Want from what? Life? People? The world?

15. DeathandGrim

DeathandGrim Senior Member

Let's start small with The world.

16. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

@Aidan Stern - What I'm driving at is your motivation. What do you (acting as a character) 'want,' within the framework of your story?

I'm not asking for opinions on life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I'm asking: what do you want? Most of all? What is it that drives you personally? What do you long for most of all?

This question is crucial to your story and you need to answer it. (Not here on this thread, necessarily, but in your own heart and mind.) What drives your character (s) will drive your story.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  17. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

What were your favourite stones, and why?

Did the stones make you happy?

Were you jealous of the other children who had toys? Did they let you play with their toys, and did you share your stones with them?

18. Aidan Stern

*I, as Aidan, understand and solidly know what Luk wants, but I'm trying to figure out how Luk would answer. He'd change the topic, but I'm not sure how. I'll come back to this later. Thanks for asking this question, It makes me think. :)

I want the world to figure it self out, for the human race to find it's humanity, so we can move on and not get hung over all this crap the government "provides" us.

I absolutely adore Labradorite. It's the most beautiful stone ever! Depending on the angle you look at it, it can seem unassuming and dull, but if you are patient and take your time... this,
    [​IMG] becomes this,[​IMG]

I love stones. My other favorite stones are Malachite, Azurite, Tourmaline, Rhodocrosite, and Chalcedony. It took me a long time to be able to acquire these stones, but I love them. They don't make me happy per se, but aren't they just beautiful?

I wasn't jealous. I was content with what I had. Besides, the other kids' toys didn't interest me much, and they didn't care about rocks. Some of the girls did, but...

DefinitelyMaybe likes this.
  19. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

Hmmm.... I'm now getting ukge.com adverts in the sidebar!

Any girls in particular liked the rocks? It sounds like you're letting something significant hang there.

20. Aidan Stern

Some girls, I think their names were Alice and Margaret, I'm not sure. They found me once, when I was organizing my stones. (I only had a few, then.) They were only interested because my stones were pretty and they wanted them. I gave them each a bit of quartz.

I love stones. I also love chocolate.