1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Comic Books

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lewdog, Feb 19, 2016.

I used to be a huge comic book collector. In fact, at one time I worked at a comic book store. I have since gotten rid of all my comics, which is what usually happens when you end up moving around a lot. But now comes news of a Deadpool verses Gambit comic miniseries that just might get me back into buying comics again. The details of the story seem pretty interesting, and I have a fondness for both characters.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/exclusive-deadpool-vs-gambit-announced-190000193.html

It just might be time for me to start collecting once again. Man it sure is an expensive hooby though, especially if you like a lot of different characters!

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

@Lewdog

I just mostly buy trades and collected editions tbh. I mean it all depends on preference really, I just do it that way to put them on book shelf and cause I think it takes up less space. Of course you'll have to wait longer for the collected editions.

So that's a down side but its up to you :)

Just figured I'd share how I got about buying em.

Some of my favorite characters and series are Hellblazer, Daredevil (Frank Miller and Bendis run), Fables, Spider-Man (in general, I love the entire Spider-Man mythos), Captain Marvel (aka Shazam), Deadpool (mostly Joe Kelly's run), Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Walking Dead, Flash (Wally and Barry versions mostly), Swamp Thing (Alan Moore's run), Lucifer (Mike Cary) and all kinds of stuff.

I try to read a lot of non superhero stuff to as listed in the thing above. I mean besides Fables and Walking Dead.

I been hoping to read Sex Criminals, Y the Last Man, Saga and some more Image comics stuff.

Hope I helped a bit. :)

3. Lewdog

Well it has been quite awhile since I have been into comics, but you can never go wrong with the classics.

Kingtype likes this.
  4. Kingtype

Who did you read a lot of? :)

Since you've got investment in Gambit and all, I'll assume X-Men?

5. Lewdog

Yes I was always a big X-men fan, though I mostly bought the "Classic X-men" comics. I like the team of Collosus, Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Longshot, Storm... I think you know what I mean. I also was a big Punisher fan.

6. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I use to be huge into spider-man when i was younger. Now, when I can afford them, I go for small press or independent labels. the artwork and stories seem to be better then Marvel or DC.

7. Kingtype

I know exactly who you mean!

A lot of them are still on X-Men roster. In fact last I checked Colossus had become the new Juggernaut but yeah you mean the 80s X Men roster (with Chris Claremont writing, right?) I think it was. I haven't read those arcs yet but I've been meaning to someday.

You can buy a full colored hardcover ominbus of them or these really neat thick black and white versions called esstentials.

And I've read a bit of Punisher to but more modern.

If you've ever heard of the Punisher MAX series?

8. Lewdog

No I've heard of the Punisher: Warzone series. I also used to have some of the Punisher crossover books with Spider-man.

9. ArtisanalDeviant

ArtisanalDeviant New Member

I'm currently collection the DC Graphic Novels that collect single issues into their respective story arcs. I have over 60 of these, a few different characters and mainly the New 52 Continuity. Now is a great time to be reading comics!