1. ArckAngel

ArckAngel New Member

Help with an idea.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by ArckAngel, Dec 15, 2008.

Hello,
    I'm not going to get into the full length of my plot,
    I need ideas that a person could do, to save a person but not have anybody know about it.
    For instance the idea I'm floating around in my head is a man saves somebody from a fire while they were passed out, then leaves before they wake up.
    Things like that. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. theutopian12342

theutopian12342 New Member

There are plenty out their. Take a newspaper and browse through it; never know what you might find.

3. sonsofasaph

sonsofasaph New Member

hero is an illegal immigrant so cant risk being publically acknowledged...

or with a twist - the person rescued in gratitude gives the rescuer lets say a small valuable hierloom as a token of thanks. Once the rescuer leaves the scene the man lying on the ground is murdered by his sworn enemy who has been secretly following him and deliberately started the fire to eliminate him. He watches from the side lines as events unfolds and once our hero has left he murders the rescued man and leaves an anonymous tip for the police which implicates our hero. He is caught, tried and sentenced to execution...

the rest is up to your imagination

4. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

There are plenty of examples where an unknown hero rescues an injured person who is unconscious, then after the emergency services arrive/the victim gets to hospital, the hero fades away in the general melee, so no one learns who he/she is.
    It would be even more possible if there were several victims, or a lot of general panic and mayhem going on.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if you want to be a writer, you should be able to come up with some ideas on your own, y'know... there are too many possibilities to list, such as near-drownings, vehicle crashes, attempted suicides, lost children, etc., in all of which your character could save a life and then disappear...

6. de la vega

de la vega New Member

Yes, it may feel exhausting, and you may fear you're not up to the challenge. But trust me, you can do it. If you're really passionate about writing, just sit down, relax, and let your imagination take over.

7. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

This is one of the oldest themes in writing...the reluctant hero. You should spend some time reading such stories to stimulate your creativity. Do a google search looking for this story theme and then read the books.