1. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Whats your style?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tarnished, Jul 22, 2008.

I always wear my dog tag that has a peace sign on it, a checkered wrist band, a John Lennon pin, big aviators, a band t-shirt or a peace sign t-shirt, jeans, Vans for sneakers.
    My style is kinda vintage/ musical.
    Whats your style?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

'minimal homeless chic'

i never wear more than a single garment, a loose dress of one kind or another [i own only about 6, plus 3 sleep versions]... all 'donies' but for one i sewed myself... and am barefoot except when i go grocery shopping, when i wear plastic sandals... no make-up, no ornamentation of any kind...

that's as 'minimal' as one can get, outside of a nudist colony... ;-)

3. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

"Grunge"

I cant get past the 90s - cargo pants, long sleeve shirts, raggered 3 day growth, sneakers etc (always wearing soems hirt from some band during that era as well)

I guess the black and white dreadlocks kind of mess that up a bit

4. lessa

lessa New Member

on a bad day frumpy.
    track pants T shirt runners.
    hat and sunglasses.

on a good day comfort.
    capri pants, dress top, sandals.
    hat and sunglasses.

at home, minimal.
    T shirt, shorts,

I always wear pinky ring, wedding band and engagement ring and a diamond and blue saphire ring. No other jewellry.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

When I saw this thread, I was disappointed to discover you were asking about fashion style rather than writing style. Maybe I should mention this in the "You know you're writing too much when..." thread.

Anyway, my style is not how I dress for work. That is largely decided by folks other than myself. My preferred style is denim pants (long in the cooler months, short in the summer), and loose cotton pocket tee shirts all year round. I intensely dislike long sleeves, even in the depths of New England winters, but if I'm really chilly, I'll suffer a baggy sweatshirt for a while. I prefer pocket tees, because I always, always have a pen with me. In my pants pocket, I always carry a Swiss Army knife, unless I'm going through an airport. I almost never wear a hat, although I will force myself to wear a ball cap if I have to be in the sun for an extended period.

6. Matthew-Needham

Matthew-Needham New Member

"Modern Man"

I'm up to date with the most fashionable labels and clothing styles, but I don't loose fact of what's good-looking and just plain stupid.

7. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

I wear whatever's loose and comfortable and doesn't show off my figure or cleavage, because that's too embarrassing. (As a result I'm often safetypinning the collars of shirts because for some reason I guess cleavage is considered "good.")

I wouldn't really call it a "style." You have to have at least a modicum of self-confidence in your looks to have a style.

8. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Baggy and non-fashion-oriented. I mean, most of my clothes comes from REI (Life is Good, anyone?). Usually I just grab whatever's closest in the closet.

9. Cheeno

Cheeno Member

I lean towards casual, comfortable and practical. I don't do 'tight'. I prefer jeans or combat-style trousers. I like the pockets:). When I'm not working, I wear sandals. Unfortunately, the Irish climate (wet summers) dissuades one from wearing shorts too often. I do brush up though when I go to a gig. This usually means wearing a casual shirt and comfortable shoes (Doc Martins).

10. Scribe Rewan

Scribe Rewan New Member

^ I am completley the opposite in terms to cloth tightness. Apart from now, when I'm wearing shorts beacuse it's really really hot, I don't wear a pair of trousers that aren't skin tight. I like waistcoats, tight t-shirts with funny logos on them, boots with cuban heels and trilbys. I also like wearing aviators.

People sometimes compare me to Russell Brand in terms of clothing, and I also have very big hair lol.

11. Flozzie

Flozzie Active Member

Like Cheeno I dress casually and comfortably. This means sneakers or sandals, depending on the weather, and a pair of losefitting trousers or shorts. As for tops, I tend to lean towards the basic shortsleeved or longsleeved ones.

12. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

My style, Very, Very casual tomboy....I wear tank tops...almost all the time....I have about 20+...but, I am in Cape Cod now and I am sure it doesn't afford me the versatility that Florida does. I love big over sized shirts with the sleeves rolled up.
    I love sandals because it the closest I can come to not wearing shoes.

I prefer jeans to shorts, but in the summer, shorts are more practical.

I love to wear my Gators hat...and when going out to party, a fedora is a must.
    I only wear dresses when I am going out dancing.

I have a birthstone necklace that I wear all of the time and two rings which I never take off, except to clean. They were gifts from my sons...I wear large hoop or dangle earrings because I love them...and my watch, which is always loose, is on my right wrist because I am left handed.

13. Crim50n

Crim50n New Member

Half elegant or what it called...

14. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I mostly wear band t-shirts, cargo shorts or jeans, and skate shoes but don't skate. I don't put much thought into my outfits other than the shirts I wear. Simplicity is lovely.

15. RomanticRose

RomanticRose Active Member

I only wear skirts, never pants. I even wear a tennis skirt to jog in. The skirts are always either ankle length or mid-thigh (Never around the knee -- that length makes me look even stubbier than I am) and cotton. Cotton t-shirts or mens button front short sleeve shirts, and sandals in the summer, hikers in the winter.

16. Cpn. Anon

Cpn. Anon New Member

I like walking barefoot as well (at least when it's warm), although those knobbly things at the base of traffic lights hurt.

17. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

When I lived in MA, I was considered Preppy. Now that I live in GA I'm considered Fratty. I've always considered myself as dressing nice. I just like sweaters, oxfords and polos. Coupled with a pair of Columbia Half-Moons and Sperry's and I'm set. And my camo school hat of course.

18. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

My style is going through a metamorphosis at the moment. I'm planning on wearing more button-down shirts with ties, because I love them so. Instead of a blazer, I will wear either a track jacket or vest. These will be coupled with slim trousers and either ASICS/Onitsuka or Adidas Samba shoes.

19. Crimson Threnody

Crimson Threnody New Member

Good fitting pair of jeans, pair of silver stilettos. Either a form fitting top which is low cut, or a medieval/Renaissance top. Depending on the top, I will pick up a denim jacket or sweater and a hat.

Lounging: pjs and spaghetti straps.

20. Harmire

Harmire New Member

Jeans, sneakers, and a shirt that says something funny on it. My hair is usually short, but still messy.

21. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

"Hippy"

I like my loose dresses, flowery skirts and baggy cardigans with Uggs, giant sunglasses, scraggy blonde hair and denim waistcoats. :D

22. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

We have a similar style, Heather:D
    Except I'm a dude...so its kinda different

1 person likes this.
  23. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Lmao ... that was funny that was. :p I would love to see you in a dress. XD

OMG I want to see picture, I think he dresses great.

And one thing that is wierd about my style is I always look so overdone when I am with Jordan as he is like the biggest chav around. I have never seen him out of his tracksuits. Although, I managed to convince to buy some jeans the other day which he got today so yey !!

24. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I'm a total individual. I love to wear japanese goth clothing, lolita, wicked strange, face-off, few other brands. But mostly I like to wear black, greys, white, red, those sorts of colours. I wear what I feel comfortable in and my casual everyday wear... isn't exactly what people class as casual everyday wear. But it is how I feel most comfortable. I don't stick to a certain style, because once you do, you fall into a category and that isn't me at all. I'm no lemming...

25. sfr

sfr New Member

"Classic" ;)