Dual Minds: Deep Web

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by JessWrite, May 19, 2014.

1. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The woman sighed.... So it was nothing serious, still the knife keep pressing the boy's neck.

"Ok, listen. I have a job, and that job is to take care of that girl, I just let the PI to take her so I can give her a good scare but well, it didn't, and I'm tired of playing. In other words, I can't let you go and take her to the police got it? She is part of an important family and we need her. Don't worry about Shep, he can't do nothing to her, you should be worrying about yourself instead"

Then the knife stop pressing the neck and just like she appeared from nowhere, the woman vanished. The only visible characteristic the boy had access to, was the tatoo of what seemed to be a small cocoon on her hand.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Pounding…..

Is what shook Abigail out of her current activity, the entire house seemed to be shaking as whoever was at the front door either was hitting it with a club or throwing their entire weight into their knocks. The door rattled four more times before a voice finally spoke.

"Hey man!" It was male. "I know you're in there."

"There's no man here!" Abigail yelled back. "Go away before I call the police!" Her hand was already on her cellphone dialing in the numbers.

"What!?" He shouted back. "I'm looking for Dexter or some dude named Woodrow. They here? I did some work for Dexter."

Dang it, Uncle. What have you gotten us into? "NO! There is no one here by those names. Go away! I'm calling the police in 2 seconds."

"Damn it!" He snapped. "Would you calm down I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm just looking for the two of them well namely Dexter." He sighed. "It was to my understanding that this was Woodrow's house.....or maybe it was the next one over."

"Thomas lives across the street on the corner. Number 673. Now go away."

"Oh wait, here it is." He said as sound of him sifting through his pockets could be heard. "Yeah. Dexter said this was one of the places I could stop by for the money....you know anything about that?"

"No. I don't. I hardly even know who Dexter is." Abigail sighed in frustration. She held the phone up to her ear, listening to it dial. "Tommy? There is a buddy of Dexter's here. He's asking for money." She said into the phone.

"Not buddy!" The guy said. "Employee looking for his money."

Abigail listened to her Uncle on the other line then looked on the door. "Tommy said he'll be at his house with a Dexter in a few minutes and to wait there for him."

"Ahh alright." He said. "Sorry to bother you, ummm hope I didn't scare you." He chuckled warmly.
    ---

Woodrow flipped his phone shut, a deep glare on his face as he stared at Dexter. He had no sympathy for the man. Even with his lip bleeding, and his nose broken. "Excuse me, Sir." Woodrow said none to kindly to the man attempting to help Dexter off the ground. "Dexter. Your cronie is at my niece's house asking for money. You are going to come with me and pay him off. Then tell him never to go there again. Now!"

"Chill out." Dexter coughed as he leaned against Lincoln's car. "He's harmless."

"Kittens are harmless, Dexter. Babies are harmless. Killers for hire are not. Now lets move."

"You're overreacting." He replied tiredly. "Got bigger things to worry about. Trust me he's harmless."

"Trust you?" Woodrow laughed harshly. "That is the last thing I can do with you. Especially when it comes to my family. I trusted you once...more than once, and we both know how that turned out. No, come with me or give me the money to pay off your cronie now, or I'll refuse to help you any more with your daughter situation. That includes a place to stay."

Dexter's temper flared. "God you're such a broken fucking record man." Dexter said as he tried to wipe drying blood from his face. "I saved your ass more then once and lets face it Tommy." Dexter stepped close to him. "You owe me for that." His eyes narrowed as he ran his hand through his hair. "Besides I don't have the money to pay him."

Lincoln tapped his watch nearby. "Those siren's are getting awful close..." he said.

"Good." Woodrow replied, still glaring at Dexter. He was tired of getting jerked around and having his life ruined by this man. No more. "How I see it you've got two choices right now, Dexter. Come with me and explain to the hit man you've hired how you're going to go about paying him or stay here and get arrested, losing any chance you have to help your kid. Your choice."

"Arrest me for what?" Dexter asked. "Getting my face smashed in? Hey I probably have a world record in that." Dexter stared into Woodrow's eyes and finally sighed in defeat. "Fine lets go." Dexter turned to Lincoln patting him on the chest, getting blood on his shirt. "Thanks for the offer but my husband over there is a serious nag." He pointed at Woodrow. "I'll buy you a beer later though for your troubles."

Dexter pushed passed Woodrow but his eyes shifted towards Trisha. "I'll swing by your place later doll face. Don't worry I know where you live."

Lincoln shrugged. "Well, I'm out. I'm gonna hold you to that beer bub."

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

"I...blame....you."

Harley gave Anita an icy glare, but said nothing. There wasn't anything worth saying. The girl was obviously too narrow-minded to see the truth. She didn't know Shep; she didn't realize what he could do, how screwed up his methbrain really was.

A punch to the ribs and a couple bullets shot at the sky was small compared to what else she'd seen from him. Shep deserved more than a couple possessions stolen. He deserved to suffer...to die.

"Hey...ya doin' okay?"

Harley flinched as a voice knocked into her thoughts. Looking over her shoulder, she saw her own reflection in Lacey's sunglasses.

Okay?

What the hell was okay!? The fact that the man who was supposedly her father decided to show up years after she'd given up on him? That her stomach felt like it was on fire? Or that Lacey was actually stupid enough to ask that question?

Oh yeah everything was perfect.

"What do you think?" Harley shot back, still clutching her waist.

"Guess that's a no..." Lacey shifted on her feet uncomfortably. "Wanna go for a walk or somethin'? Maybe light a few?"

"Shut up." Harley muttered. She couldn't even think about having a good time right now.

"But Harley--"

"Shut up!" She said louder, casting a glance towards Dexter speaking to two other men. "I...I'm fine."

"Well, if ya wanna talk about it, I'm here." Lacey said as she followed her friend's gaze. "Uh by the way, sorry that...Shep hurt you."

"Yeah, whatever. You get used to it, right?" Harley rolled her eyes as she turned on her heel to the library sidewalk.

"I'll be home later." She made sure to call over to her mom on her way out.

Before she could reply, Harley picked up speed and ran from the parking lot and into town. Her small body ached with every step, but she didn't care. She kept pumping her legs until the world around her was swallowed up by green and only the soft chirping of birds could be heard.

Slowing to a walk, she stomped through the undergrowth and threw her back against a tree, sliding to the grass below. As she tucked in her knees, Harley breathed hard to cool her scorched lungs. She fought back tears, but they still won the battle, falling down her red face and into her bangs.

Harley cursed under her breath as she let the comfort of the woods ease her mind. Questions tossed and turned, but all she could think was she hated that man without even knowing him. A lot.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Jessica couldn't just stand around, and ran towards the gunshots, drawing her own gun. Ducking behind a tree, she scoped the scene, then walked out.
    "Freeze! Hands in the air!" she ordered. "This is Detective Jessica Maza, private investigator, and I order you to freeze!"

5. lixAxil

Mark of the Spawn.

By the moment things got calmed and each one went on their own way, the police as a personal mark and custom of them arrived late to the scene. The sirens resonated outside the library, and Anne who was now inside the building that was never burning down to begin with, looked through the window with boring expression, yet her eyes changed as soon as the other cars, the pursuers of Jessica showed themselves on the distance. Cars of a variety of colours and a variety of people, mostly thugs were arriving to the place police arrived at the same moment.

Inminent conflict.....

Anne's eyes narrowed, she didn't want those people to be a bother to the library, neither wanted to be called as a witness, moreover she didn't wanted to be involved in another shooting, yet all those had an easy solution.

Cars stopped and the first thugs that got out showed their characteristic behaviour toward authority, verbal aggresion and threats, of course the police replied appropiately and soon both parties forgot their original purpose, yet their focus drifted to the figure of a single person in the distance. A lady on a black dress who was appropiately wearing sunglasses that covered both of her eyes.

A thug exclaimed "Hoy! missy, did ya lost something here? get out before we have to hurt ya!"
    A policemen followed saying. "Maintain your distance from the perimeter, I repeat, maintain your distance from the perimeter."

The woman sighed while thinking... At least both agree on something.
    But she did not move, instead she softly spoke.

"I would rather having all of you outside of this place..." said before discovering her naked forearm, revealing a black tatoo with a curious design of a cocoon.

Both thugs and policemen stood in silence.... both either had heard or knew about that sign.
    It was the mark of the Spawn....
    And both parties knew one thing for sure. They had to avoid any trouble involving the Spawn. For the thugs, it was a non written law of the street, some of them even were under the command of the figures called Spawn; for the police it was close to a direct order from their bosses. And also for both in common, it was a reason of fear, deep and pure fear.

The woman simply smiled as soon as the cars left the place. It was a luck also that the gang was here, there were no witnesses, no single curious person that should had not watched that mark.

And now.... to find more about that cute guy thought with a sudden change of persinality walking toward the library while humming a happy song.

6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Canada's NO. 1

Dexter was silent as Woodrow rounded the corner and they neared his apartment complex. “That's him.” Dexter pointed. There was a young man seated outside of the building, He was tall at least 6’5 and was the lanky type his skin was coffee colored and his hair was in a buzz cut but oddly enough dyed blonde.
    He didn't seem to notice them pulling up as his nose was buried in his phone.

"I don't care what you say to him, as long as you make sure he stays away from Abigail from now on. Understood?" Woodrow said. His mood had been very dark the entire ride over. It was becoming obvious he had changed since the time Dexter had known him.

"Nag, nag, nag." Dexter said as he rolled down his window and before Woodrow could react Dexter pressed the car horn multiple times.

The man playing with his phone looked up his brown eyes surprised once he caught view of Dexter and unlike killers Woodrow had seen, this kid simply jogged….no skipped he literally skipped up to the car as opposed to the usually cautious demeanor most of their types had.

"Hey Boss!" He greeted casually.

"Get in Brice." Dexter motioned, the mercenary nodded and took a seat in the back of the car and wasted no time in making idle conversation. "So what are you guys up to?" He turned to Woodrow. "You the teacher guy?"

"Aren't you a little young to be a mercenary for hire?" He asked, ignoring the question.

"You're never to young to start a business." He nodded. "The name is Price Brice and unlike those other jokers working in the field I have deals and special offers that's gonna make me the numero uno guy to go to get this kinda work done." He gave a sincere smile. "Wanna see my business card?"

Woodrow felt like he was going to be sick. "No." He replied looking away from the worm of a man and out the window.

Brice frowned. "What?' He asked. "Did I come on to strong? Sorry." He apologized. "But my services of are of the best quality, I can assure you so you should hire me if you ever need anyone dead!"

"Have you ever even killed anyone?" Dexter asked with a lazy smile.

Brice gave him an even look and rubbed back of his neck. "Umm yeah.....obviously." His face twitched slightly. "I'm an assassin." His eyes not making any contact with Dexter or Thomas.

Dexter hummed. "Who have you killed?"

"W...w...well I don't just go around kissing and telling about who I've killed! I'm trying to start a freaking business and ....th...that just ruins my customer privacy policy." He stuttered.

"You really are a piece of work, Dexter. Can't even hire a proper assassin." Thomas leaned his head back against the head rest and chuckled in disbelief.

"That was the point Tommy my boy." Dexter yawned. "I needed someone who could keep an eye on Trisha for a bit while I played Hank and made sure things were clear." He gave a relaxed sigh. "Met this guy a few years ago up in Canada."

"Shut up!" Brice cut in. "I'm a killer! I killed a bunch of people in Canada before I moved here and my girlfriend thinks I'm a very proper assassin, so yeah."

"The female voice on your phone doesn't count as a girlfriend, kid." Thomas chided. He sighed and looked over at Dexter. "You'd better not be expecting me to host him as well."

"Nah." Dexter shook his head. "He's staying at a hotel, oh and Brice." Dexter grinned. "I'm not gonna be able to pay you at the moment." Brice gritted his teeth. "What!?" He snarled. "You son of a bitch I should put a bullet in your head now, I followed that lady for a month!"

Dexter shrugged. "Well ....ya know man? Other things came up and I'm just broke at the moment."

"You're both dead men." Brice said with narrowed eyes. "If one of you doesn't start coughing up cash."

Dexter simply gave Woodrow an unimpressed look.

"Look man." Dexter said as leaned back. "I'll pay you but you have to give me time and look at it this way." Dexter's smile returned again. "I might need you again and then you'll get paid double."

"Fine." Brice breathed. "But remember man if you don't pay me, you're gonna have to deal with the skills of Canada's number one assassin on Prince Edward Island in Georgetown. I was so good I put the other mercs out of business, showed them what I was all about." Brice opened the door and stepped out. "See you clowns later and remember Dexter you owe me."

Dexter watched him go his face turning red as he tried desperately to keep his laughter. "Oh man hahahahah I love guy! He's such an idiot!"

---

Night

After Dexter, Harley and Woodrow had left everyone had fled the library everyone else followed suit and of course soon enough night came, and of course reports were already coming in that there had been shot fires at the library.

Harley had still yet to return home and Dexter had departed from Woodrow's side after their meeting with Brice was concluded.

7. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I fell to my knees once the woman had left, I clutched my throat. "I-I thought I was going to die..." I muttered, I took my hands away from my throat and saw some blood. "I guess it did cut me a little bit." I thought, now that I had calmed down and regained my composure, I felt something warm running down my face, I touched it and looked at it, more blood... it must've happened when that girl had hit me over the head. I knew that I should have continued my pursuit, that woman could have been lying, she might still be after the girl... but... I didn't have any weapons, I wasn't trained in any sort of fighting, I was weak.

I eventually got up and stumbled home, thankfully my father was out, I went into the bathroom and pulled out a roll of gauze from the cabinet and sighed, it was almost gone, I looked at the gauze that I hadn't yet cleaned up around the sink, there were many splotches of dried blood on them... I wished I could use that, however I knew that would be unwise, I'd just have to pick some more up tomorrow. I grabbed some cotton balls and some disinfectant, unfortunately we didn't have any band-aids so I'd just have to use some gauze for my neck... it was more conspicuous but I couldn't just leave it exposed... not in here. I coated the balls with a little bit of disinfectant and dabbed my throat wound first, cleaning it, then wrapping a single covering of gauze around my neck.

I then searched for the wound on my head, after a little bit of searching I found it, it was quite a nasty cut. I sighed and began to clean it, wincing slightly every time the disinfectant got into the wound. After about seven bloody cotton balls were thrown in the trash, I deemed the wound was clean enough... it was strange that I was so used to this... so numb to all of this... I could probably set my own broken arm and not bat an eye... I got off of the train of thought I was and began to wrap the last of the gauze around my head, being careful to cover the wound.

After I was done, I threw away the gauze around the sink and carefully covered the bandages with my hair, thankfully my hair was long enough to cover the bandages well enough. I'd have to find some way of hiding the gauze around my throat... otherwise my father would be accusing me of trying to make up wounds to get him in trouble and then beat me... maybe a scarf...? A bandanna...? Well for now, I'd just have to conceal it from him, which shouldn't be too hard, as long as I kept my back to him and wear my hoodie... there goes my pillow.

I went to the opposite side of the trailer, my usual sleeping spot, grabbed my balled up hoodie, and put it on, I put on the hood on and lied on the cold hard metal ground of the trailer and shut my eyes, willing myself not to listen to the footsteps coming closer to the trailer... to ignore the sound of the door opening... of the strong scent of alcohol... to ignore my heart pounding... of the fear and anticipation of something horrible happening... and fall into a dreamless sleep.

8. Kaitou Wolf

Jessica groaned as she got into her hotel. Her day had not gone well.
    Lost a suspect, lost Shep, lost everyone.
    The detective flung herself on the bed, curling up in the nice, clean sheets. Her hand found the phone and she dialed room service, then debated about getting into the shower. She settled for a shower after some nice TV. Clicking the remote, she flipped through and caught the last bit of the news. Unfortunately, she caught the tail end and saw nothing about the gunfight.
    Dammit.
    Groaning, she stretched, and wondered if there was a good masseuse. Sighing, she pulled out some paperwork and decided to do research for the night.

9. JessWrite

For how long Harley sat in a pile of emotions she didn't know, but when the sun disappeared in the sky it was time to head back to the trailer park. Not that she was eager to go home, but she didn't want her mom to send out a search party...which had happened before. A few embarrassing times that were never gonna happen again in the history of ever. She didn't need anything else on her plate, besides food. A few pain pills on the side didn't sound too bad right now either.

Harley sighed as she walked, savoring the peace. It was always strangely comforting being alone in the dark woods, despite the bad rep in horror films. Actually, that's why she liked it.

But she'd had enough of nature for one day. When her converse hit the old country road, she took off running and trespassed across someone's field until she reached town. A few other people were on the sidewalks, but Harley didn't pay any attention to them as she turned around a corner and took a shortcut down an empty street.

“A little late for someone as short as you to be walking around alone, don't you think?” A familiar voice said from behind and soon a hand gripped Harley’s shoulder. “Shouldn't you be with your ma or at least consider stilts?”

Harley tensed as she turned to face her stalker. "Really? That's all you got?" She scoffed. "Lame..."

Gale sniffed. "Yeah." He shrugged. "Pretty much, so what's going on? Ya kinda made like a tree earlier and left us all hangin' with the cops."

"Exactly why I couldn't stick around." Harley muttered, picking up her pace. "And I wanted to be alone; still do...so bye."

"Chillax." Gale huffed as he caught up with her. "I ain't see why ya makin' such a big deal of things, your mom said she'd handle Shep." He forced a smile. "Course.....you're probably more curious 'bout the other thing."

"No I'm not." Harley said quickly.

"So you say." Gale snorted. "Where ya headin' anyway?" He asked. "Gonna have to go home to your palace eventually."

"Yeah, I was taking a shortcut." She said as she continued stomping on the sidewalk. "What about you? Been stalking anyone else?"

Gale shook his head at this. "Nah not really.....actually I didn't even notice it was you." He smiled. "Ya know? A lot of blonde midgets frequent this town."

"They all must be tiny 'cause I don't see 'em." Harley said, mimicking his accent. She flicked her bangs out of her eyes as a smirk left her lips. "Well since you're not gonna shut up, I do need your help with something. Interested?"

Gale sighed. "Shiiiiiit......." His voice trailed off. "What is it this time? Better not involve screwin' with Shep again."

"Not exactly, but...do you know anything about taking care of birds? Like, is it hard to do?"

Gale snorted. "What the hell kinda question is that!? You starting a circus?"

"That'd be fun, but no." Harley suppressed a grin. "I still got Shep's money and before I donate to charity, I was gonna use some of it to buy me a bird."

"Um what?" Gale asked, giving her an unblinking look.

"A bird. You know, the animal with wings and a beak." She replied with obvious sarcasm. "I've heard that you can train them to do cool tricks and that their pretty useful, but I'm still deciding what kind I want to get."

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" He snapped. "Ain't you gonna give that money back to Shep? You don't need to be buying no damn bird."

Harley turned sharply on her heel to look Gale in the face. "Shep doesn't need the money. What's he gonna do with it? Drugs and women, same as always. At least my bird will be a practical investment!"

Gale sighed. "Well....well shit you might as well buy a hawk or falcon so you can at least have some protection or.....wait why not just a get a pitbull? You can train dogs."

"NO!" Harley yelled. "I mean, um...nah...I think a bird sounds more fun than a dog."

Gale ran his hand through his hair, his eyes nearly rolling out their sockets. "Okay.....then get a hawk or something, how the hell should I know!"

"Thanks for nothing!" Harley groaned as they crossed onto the street that held the Trailer Park Palace entrance. A hawk was out of the question; she knew enough about birds to know they didn't sell those in pet stores. What she needed was a bird that would be interesting, exotic, wild and crazy!

After another ten steps Harley skidded to a halt and shouted, "That's it! I'll get a parrot!"

Gale raised his eyebrows. "You serious bout this Harles?" He asked. "Why...that? Of all birds."

"Easy! The parrot is one of the most insane birds for the single reason that they can talk. How did I not think of it sooner?" She said more to herself than Gale. "Oh yeah, I'm totally doing this!"

"There's no chance you're giving that money back to Shep now is there?" He asked, his eyes turning serious.

"Not unless he wants to pry it from my cold dead hands...or Patches' beak." Harley cracked a rare, genuine smile. "I'm naming it Patches by the way."

10. Kingtype

Dexter and Trisha

Dexter took a long drag off his cigarette doing his best to ignore the pain in his swollen nose. He hated humid nights and he hated these damn boots.
    Seriously who ever invented cowboy boots should be shot….no pun intended.

Oh well these things didn’t particularly matter at the moment as he was about to have a very loooong conversation with an angry woman or very short. He figured it would depend on what weapons were in her reach.

His shoulders visibly tensed as he rapped gently at the brown trailer door. A minute passed and out of the corner of his eye, Dexter caught the faintest hint of movement behind the lacy curtains in the window.

Another minute went by. And another.

When he thought the door would never budge, it suddenly swung open on rusty hinges and out stepped Trisha herself. It was downright creepy how she looked the same, damn, maybe even better, than sixteen years ago. She'd aged a bit, sure, but so had he and she'd done it a hell of a lot more gracefully then him. No scars, no blemishes and wow, what a surprise! No botox....thank God.

At the sight of Dexter, her expression dimmed as she swapped a frown for her typical smile. Based on the amount of time it took for her come out, she wasn't exactly...thrilled.

"Leave. Now." Trisha said with hands on her hips.

"You look disgruntled." He pointed out. "Can I come in?"

She scowled in reply. "I said leave now."

Trisha soon found smoke being blown in her face. "You really mean that?" He asked, leaning towards her. "What happened snookums, buddies for life? Remember that?"

Trisha raised her fist and threw not one, but two hard punches at his jaw, knocking the cigarette out of his mouth."That was the past, Dexter. You died and I kept living." she muttered."I moved on...to better things."

Dexter made a sound like a dying animal as he collapsed to his knees holding his already sore jaw which was now becoming an intense headache, she'd always been strong. "You bitch!" He snapped. "You fucking punched me right in the face!"

"Your face shouldn't even be alive." Trisha sighed as she turned to go back inside the trailer.

"But I am!" Dexter snarled. "Now as yourself, are you mad cause I'm here or mad cause you couldn't kill me?" He said through gritted teeth. "Neither of us are saints, Trisha."

"Why are you here, anyway? For Harley? We've been perfectly fine all these years without you!" Trisha yelled, glaring at him with her hazel daggers. "Just go back to wherever you've been, Dexter. We don't need you."

A small gasp came from his lips as he pushed himself off the ground, his blue eye wide as it ceased motion and was simply dead locked on Trisha.

They didn't need him.......

Harley didn't need him.....

He swallowed.

All right then.

"Y...yeah." He muttered. "I know, but I came for a reason."

"What reason?" Trisha asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Harley." He said calmly. "Is in danger."

Trisha blinked as his words sunk in. "Oh...if you're talking about the gangster guy, I'm going to take care of him." She smiled. "No worries."

Dexter shook his head. "Who is that?" He asked. "I'm talking about someone else, someone who has a score to settle with the both of us."

Trisha absentmindedly stepped closer. "Harley is having troubles with a Shep Nelson, the bully that hurt her. Who are you talking about?"

Dexter bit his lower lip. "Your boy." He nodded. "Silas Rivera, he's been released from prison recently and a source of mine tells me he isn't too happy with either of us."

Trisha didn't appear shaken by the news as she paused in thought. "Alright. What else do you know? Is he on his own or working under another group?"

"His own work." Dexter replied. "Word is he's been trying to hunt us down for sometime now and he knows my hand in killing um....Blondie or whatever the fuck her name was."

"How did you find out this information?"

"Yeeeeeeeah." Dexter gave a nervous grin. "Kinda weird, I've been in hiding for awhile now you know? Well there I am in a bar in Nebraska and this guy comes up to me and makes conversation. Crazy thing is he knows about me and you and Great Barrington .....hell this asshole talked about it like he was there!" Dexter blinked. "Next thing I know he tells me Silas is going for Harley."

"What!" Trisha shouted, breaking her stoic exterior. "What did he look like? Was he tall? Short? Old? Young? Did he have a beard? What was he wearing? Did he look rich? Poor? Middle-class? What was his ethnicity? What did he sound like? Did he have an accent?" She grabbed onto Dexter's collar, pulling him near to her face. "Why were you in Nebraska?!"

Dexter blinked several times……wh…where to start? Well at least she was back to acting like a fruit cake again, an angry fruit cake but still a fruit cake, simply didn't suit her. "He was white, about mid thirties, on the shorter side, no facial hair and he talked in a gentle tone." He smiled. "Like I said I've been hiding out been everywhere from Canada to England and all over America. I just happened to be keeping a low profile in Nebraska."

"Okay..." Trisha muttered as she released him and seemed to store away the details for later. "Oh, I forgot! Did he give his name?"

"Just said to call him the Problem Solver." Dexter shrugged. "Kinda vague huh? Ring any bells to you?"

"No, I don't think so...what else did he say?"

"Not much." Dexter frowned. "He was vague but told me clear as day Silas was the one coming and I wasn't about to take any chances when it came to keeping our girl safe. But I wouldn't trust this Problem guy either...."

"I don't like the sound of him." Trisha said bluntly. "How long ago did he tell you this?"

"It's been about a month." Dexter admitted. "I've been undercover here in case it was Silas to make it harder for him to recognize me. I'm telling you cause I need you to be aware....sharp eyes, alright?"

"Yeah...thanks." She said, looking away from him. "I should've known about this sooner, guess I fell off the radar more than I thought."

"Sooooo." He said. "Is that guy who was screaming your fake name earlier in the parking lot your husband or what?" Dexter asked curiously. "What's going on with you lately?"

"Oh, that's Donald Doc." Trisha grinned. "Not my husband, but I've been seeing him for around five years, off and on. He owns the trailer park here and is a very nice man, a lot of...fun."

Her smile grew as she continued. "What else is up with me? Hm...well, I'm Tiffany Sugar now, cute right? I work at the Minefield Elementary school with the kindergartners, but since school's out now, I volunteer at the library. Then I spend the rest of my time with Harley, but she's out with those friends of hers a lot, so Donald comes over when he's not busy." Trisha sighed. "It's a different life, but a good one."

To her surprise he smiled sincerely, it didn't falter for a moment. "Good I'm glad you're happy....." His face became serious. "Is Harley happy?"

"Of course she is!" Trisha exclaimed. "Like all teens she has her grumpy days but she's really a sweetheart."

Dexter raised an eyebrow, sweetheart? Yeah she was a reeeeeal sweetheart while handling that psychotic asshole. "Good." He nodded. "So......are we good?"

"If that's your way of asking if I've forgiven and forgotten, then no." Her lips thinned into a tight line. "We aren't good."

Dexter's eyes narrowed as he stepped closer to her again, venom in his voice. "You had a little girl shoot me in the face."

"And you had me fired from my job." Trisha said lowly.

Dexter rolled his eyes. "Pfft oh yeah cause that warrants someone getting shot in the face!" He scoffed.

"You should've died!" She threw her hands up in the air. "How did you even manage to survive that?"

"Same way I survived everything else." Dexter grinned. "I'm lucky Trisha baby but hey consider yourself lucky, you came closer then anyone has in a long time."

"That luck will run out someday...yours, not mine." She replied, bearing a smug smile in return. "Anyway, how long are you planning on staying in Kentucky? Or are you headed somewhere else?"

Dexter hummed. "Little 'ol me?" His teeth showed. "I think I'll stick around for awhile, you okay with that?"

"You can do whatever you'd like; we're in the country." After a few seconds, Trisha opened her mouth to speak again, shut it, opened it, then repeated the process one more time. Finally, she took a breath and spit out the words.

"You have a place to stay, right?"

Dexter's mouth fell open for a moment as what she said registered with him. "Um....well yeah sorta. I'm staying at Woodrow's but he's well, kinda boring. Plus he's a nag."

"At least you're not homeless!" Trisha laughed nervously as she twirled a piece of her hair. "Well...um, if you...rather be somewhere else...maybe, sometime, you could...visit again! Yeah, I'm sure Harley would love to get to know you."

He doubted that last statement but no reason to ruin the moment with a negative attitude. "Yeah I'd like that, to visit I mean." He sighed as he rubbed his chin. "Remember doll face sharp eyes." He said as he backed away.

"Got it!" Trisha said while giving him a final once over. "Have a good night, Dexter."

---
    Morning News!

Graves County was greeted to breaking news early in the news, all the local news channels headlines reading ‘Most brutal act of gang violence yet?’

“We are here in the heart of the county only a few blocks from where the Devil Dove crashed and unfortunately we at channel 5 are here to bring you even more news on the growing gang violence.” The reporter said as he gestured towards a man behind him.

A man that many in the town could recognize, a man that had seen on the TV before, but never on the news. "We are here with decorated FBI Agent Charles Brown." The reporter said. "What can you tell us about the murders that took place here last night?"

"Well." Brown said. "Regarding the information I can release, me and the police have found at least eight bodies.” Brown swallowed his face turning pale. "It was...." His voice trailed off. "Difficult to identify some of the corpses but two of them belonged to two cartel bosses known as the Torres Sisters, who we at the Bureau have been keeping track of for quite some time now."

"So were these two key players into the rising drug market here for the past years?" The reporter asked"

"That is unconfirmed at this time but it is certainly a high possibility." Brown replied. "Though it is of course surprising for them and some of their people to turn up here as they operate out of Mexico."

"What can you tell us about the causes of deaths?"

Brown's shoulders stiffened. "We are still investigating the matter but so far no signs of gunfire have been found nor any bullet wounds on the bodies......we believe most of the crime was done with a chainsaw of some kind and sulfuric acid."

The interview carried on for several more minutes before they ended their conversation with Brown promoting his TV show.

11. Kaitou Wolf

Jessica grit her teeth as she shut off the television. She had no leads and escaped suspects. Luckily, she had put out an APB on Marie, so hopefully that will bear some fruit.
    She debated a bit, then decided to visit that FBI gentleman she met the other day. She pulled out her cell phone and called the sheriff.
    "Hello, sheriff?" she said. "I need to visit an FBI agent..."
    Several calls later, one to Washington, and she walked out onto the street. Time to talk to Mr. Camera.

12. mmarage

I woke up on the the cold hard ground of the trailer and got up, cracking my back. "I just know that I'm going to have some serious back issues down the road." I thought, I sighed and walked outside quickly and quietly, not wanting to disturb, or have to deal with my father. I didn't know what to do next, though I did notice people were chattering... something about some sisters and chainsaws, I didn't really want to pry into their conversations, it would be rude... and unwise.

I walked out of the trailer park briskly, not wanting to be within shouting distance of my father, or within sight or earshot of his buddies. I didn't know where to go though... I'd probably just have to wander around...

13. lixAxil

"Yeah.... 'kay.... like what?... oh right... that"
    With an old style cellphone pressed against her ear, Marie talked while lying over a big fancy bed in a room that could only be described as the fantastic wish of many people.

"All clean then?... " mumbled while munching a cookie. "Cool.... yeah, yeah, won't get in more trouble..... What? Hey is not my fault, just the failure of detectives running around...... Don't cut me Morgan Freeman wannabe!" exclaimed, yet the sound at the other side of the phone was a signal of the communication being interrupted.

Marie sighed while breaking the cellphone into two and disposing of it. She worried about nothing, at least any possibility of a charge against her was now out of question and all the rest was clean.

She lied with both open arms over her bed looking at the ceiling, the day was hot and she felt lazy, was it worth to come out today? on the other side, there was nothing interesting to do at home.... At least from her perspective. Finally the girl decided to dress, the jean covered in blood? to the trash can. This time she dressed with black short jeans that revealed her knees and long legs, and the same red blouse of the previous day.

After some long minutes, the girl stepped outside of the big house only to be received by a scorching heat at which she greeted with several curses. A newspaper was left abandoned in the front of her house, she lazily opened it and her eyes focused on the prime.

Murders? eight....oh! the Torres Sisters?.... Sweet, seems it will be another interesting day. Thought the girl while heading to the crime scene.

14. JessWrite

Pest Control
    A red blur could be seen through the trees as the Volkswagen beetle went against the speed limit. It skidded past sharp back road bends, kicking up dust and muddied rainwater; all the while country music filtered through the open windows.

"Baby you a song, you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise!" Trisha sang along, swinging her hair to the beat. Even with the crazy gangster news of the morning, the day was definitely a good one for her.

After a few more twists and turns, she finally made it to a nice apartment complex. Squinting in the sunlight, Trisha found the right apartment number and immediately started honking the car horn. Once. Twice. Three times. Six times. Over and over again as she grinned to herself, keeping her gaze fixed on the door.

It was a several minute wait before her expectations were met. The door opened and out stepped her former lover buttoning a white shirt, water droplets still falling from his hair as he made his way over to Trisha, his blue eyes wide with surprise.

“This is an unexpected visit.” He pointed out. “Everything alright?”

"Good morning, Dexter!" Trisha flashed a smile and wave as she hopped out of the car. "Everything is perfect! How are you today?"

Dexter snorted. "I'm...peachy." He tilted his head. "I'm guessing this ain't a regular house call, is it?"

"Not exactly." Trisha said, walking closer to him. "Did you watch the news?"

Dexter produced a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and flipped the top open. "You mean the shit about the murders where that reality show guy was on the news?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh...." The cigarette slid from his hands. It didn't take a genius to deduce what had happened. Dexter's eyes narrowed. "What did you do?"

"I needed to handle Harley's problem, so I had a little fun!" Trisha said, starting towards the trunk.

Dexter ran a hand through his wet hair as he eyed the trunk. "Fun? You had fun by slaughtering two fucking drug dealers and their crew!" He snapped, keeping his voice down. "What's in the trunk?"

"It's a surprise!" Trisha patted the red metal. "Wanna see?"

"First answer me this." Dexter said, placing his hand on the trunk. "Is it anything I wouldn't want to see? Like maybe some sort of person who's been made into ground meat?"

Trisha laughed. "Nope! Not yet, anyway."

Dexter sighed, taking his hand off. "Open her up." He nodded. "I just hope I don't lose my breakfast."

"Well, I can't show you here...too many people. But if you get in, I'll drive us somewhere else."

"Oh for fuck sake." He muttered, opening the passenger door and taking a seat. "Trisha I swear this better not be some plot to kill me. I'm already having a pretty fucking bad day and the last thing I need is to be part of your killing spreed."

"Someone sure is grouchy in the morning." Trisha shook her head as she sat beside him. "Don't worry Dexter, all I want to do is show you my surprise!"

She drove for a couple miles until they arrived in a hidden wooded area with only nature as their witness. After stepping out onto the grass, Trisha once again went around to the back of the car. Right when she popped open the trunk, a half conscious tied up man tumbled out. The various marks and dried blood on his bare skin gave proof that he'd been beaten, but his chest still went up and down in shallow breaths.

"Ta-daaa!" Trisha exclaimed, flailing her arms wide.

Dexter took a step back from the half dead man, his eye wide as he examined the person before him. "Jesus Christ Trisha." He pressed hand against his face. "Isn't this guy that drug dealer guy?"

"Yep, he's the one!" She said, prodding him with the tip of her high heel.

"Oh no!" Dexter shook his head. "Oh no....what the fuck did you do!? The police are gonna be looking for this guy, what's his name? Does he have any connections with any powerful figures?" He paced around her. "Shit...."

"Calm down, Dexter." Trisha reached out and grabbed hold of his arm. "I kept the guy alive because of those exact questions. His name is Shep Nelson and he's been bullying this town for years. Only connections he has would be other drug dealers, but I already got rid of those Mexican ones he was last associated with."

"You sure did." Dexter said sarcastically. "I heard about acid and a chainsaw, getting more creative apparently. He's been messing with Harley and her friends right? Just to be clear."

Shep groaned something that sounded vulgar.

"He has, but not anymore!" Trisha walked over and gave Shep a kick to shut him up. "They have nothing to worry about."

Dexter raised an eyebrow as his gaze shifted back and forth between Trisha and Shep. "You better be careful. I hear the Feds are all over the drug trade going through this county and you don't....exactly have the resources to get off free anymore."

"Around here I'm Tiffany, no one suspects her. I'll be fine." Trisha said. "Oh, and I sent all the kids a text too."

"You what!?" Dexter spat as his hands clamped down on her shoulders. "Are you crazy; you sent them a text about this?" He said, pointing at Shep.

"Not with any details, silly! All I wrote was, 'Come to Lake Clearwater...handled Shep.' And I used Harley's phone to do it."

Something flashed in his eyes. "You bitch!" Dexter snapped. "Don't use our daughter's phone for criminal activity and why the hell would you send out messages to her friends?"

"Well, I didn't want to use Harley's but mine was dead...funny right?" Trisha laughed at her own joke. "And I thought they might want to be in on this, since Shep has been so awful to them."

"Oh great you're gonna kill him to?" Dexter shook his head. "Why am I even asking that? Of course you are." Shep growled and muttered something but the gag in his mouth prevented him from being coherent.

"Shut up." Dexter said, simply repeating what Trisha had done and kicked him. "Oh...dammit. Gonna have to find a way to convince those kids not to go the police if they haven't already." He sighed as he shut the trunk. "I'll handle it when they come."

Dexter gave her a once over. "Did you do your hair?"

Trisha blinked at the question as she twirled a loose curl between her fingers. "Yes...I did. Why?"

He smiled. "Looks nice." But it didn't last long as the grin quickly turned into the opposite direction. "And I always ask dumb questions when dealing with insanity like this! Woodrow was right I'm beginning to think I'm bad luck."

---

The phones buzzed of everyone involved in the mess that involved Shep’s cash and sure enough they had received a message from Harley’s phone.

15. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

The freak out

"lol Harley handled Shep? How? Frustrated him to death?" Anita lay on her bed deep in another book when the message came. Needless to say her parents were livid when they came home to see the door broken down. Her mother had not stopped crying tears of joy, hugging her making sure she was alright. Father was a bit more blunt.

"It's because you don't pray enough that these things happen. If you would only live your life they way a good daughter would, God would not punish you so!" He had told her, "You put your life and the life of your sister in danger by being so unfaithful!"

She curses while lying on her bed, then rolls over staring at the ceiling. "He practically blamed me for what happened. Old fool." She mutterd. "If God punishing Zyra for my unfaithfulness, then he would be a bigger ass then Shep."

Then she swung her legs and hopped of the bed, grabbing a good pair of jeans and her nap sack and making her way down stairs.

"Anita?" the sounds of her foot steps summon the concerned voice of her sister, "That you?"

"Was me, I'm going out."

"But...you're grounded, remember?"

"Sue me." And the door shuts. Zyra gives a tired sigh, she says another hasty prayer for her wayward sister, she had been doing a lot of those lately.

"All right Harely first you wouldn't speak to me? now you're calling my phone like we are bffs, what gives? Split personality may............................"

"Holy F***ing S***t!" She take two panicked steps back then tripps over a log upon seeing the raw flayed meat that was shep nelson. She stares at him wide eyed in silence.

"...Shep? Good F***ing lord!" And she jumped up an imediatly started to leave pulling out her cell phone and punching in 911 more times then she needed to.

"Pick up god damn it. I mean...S***t. Harely some sort of killer? god damn." Needless to say, she was more then a little flustered. her hand trembled nervously and her eyes darted around wry that what ever did that to Shep was still near.

16. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Mikkish once again felt a vibration in his pocket. Being in the woods and, as far as he knew, alone, he pulled his Samsung android out of his pocket.

'Come to Lake Clearwater...handled Shep.' The text read, and it was from....Harley? Why was she texting him this? Him and Harley rarely ever spoke, and only ever saw each other because she hung with his ex girlfriend, Lacey.

"Well shit, they must be dumb to be textin me this." Mikkish said to himself, as he made his way to Lake Clearwater on foot.

17. mmarage

I didn't know where I was heading really. I just needed to be away from the park. So... I just began to daydream, plan out my escape from this town... first I'd take out all of my secret savings and get a bus ticket out of here, I'd find somewhere with relatively cheap housing and much more progressive thinking... I'd rent a tiny apartment, it wouldn't be anything great, but it'd be heated and it'd be mine. I'd get enrolled in school as soon as possible, I'd earn a full and free ride through college, become a detective, then I'd meet a guy... cute, sweet, smart... we'd date for a while, go on some adventures, travel around the world... then just settle down.

I suddenly snapped out of my daydream when I nearly walked into some yellow police tape, I looked around and noticed several officers and see some of them carting away bodies. "Oh not again..." I thought, I sighed. I seemed to have a knack for these things... I'd always just be minding my own business, then I'd just stumble on a dead body either before or after someone else, or a police investigation... I wouldn't be surprised if my name was mentioned at least once in each and every file that they have on homicides, suicides, and accidental or natural deaths in the past ten years. "I should probably get out of here before I get in anyone's way." I thought.

18. Kaitou Wolf

Jessica somehow got lost and wound up at the crime scene she saw earlier, and ran into the boy she had told to watch Marie.
    "Oh, hey there, kid," Jessica said. "Glad to see..."
    Jessica's eyes looked over the boy, and she noticed things she hadn't the day before. His body was covered in long clothes, and his face looked malnourished. Above all, though, was his eyes and the world of hurt in them. Jessica gripped his shoulders.
    "Who's doing it?" she asked, voice low and intense. "Tell me and I swear that they will never hurt you again."

19. mmarage

I turned around when I heard that private investigator's voice. "Er... hi." I said quietly, I hoped that my bandages had been hidden well, I already got questioned by well meaning and observant people, I hated lying to their faces since they were worried about me... but the bandages would get me more attention than I needed.

I flinched when she suddenly grabbed my shoulders, I looked at her and knew the meaning of her words immediately. "...I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're talking about." I said smiling, it was a fragile thing that seemed it would shatter at the slightest touch. "I'm fine, I'm just a little hurt from yesterday, that girl hit me and then some woman put a knife to my throat, not a big deal." I said, the same smile still on my face, I didn't realize that sentence revealed a lot more than I meant to, a 'little hurt', to me, was a head wound and a throat wound, and 'no big deal', to me, was being held at knife point.

20. Kingtype

"Pick up god damn it. I mean...S***t. Harely some sort of killer? god damn."

Before she could react a hand came from behind the girl plucking the cell phone from her shaking grasp.

Before she could react a hand came from behind the girl plucking the cell phone from her shaking grasp. “I knew this was going to happen.” Dexter sighed as he placed both hands on her phone and began to bend, until.....

'SNAP!'

Dexter dropped the cell phone pieces to the ground. "Calm down kid." He said casually. "Nobody here is gonna hurt you."

“Is that what you said to that reptilian scumbag!” The Word’s voice echoed as he stepped out of the woods standing to Anita’s left. He was biting his lip as he let out slow breaths. "I recognize you're the guy that Shep kicked the crap out of yesterday....."

Dexter shrugged. "Hey I had him on the ropes." He grinned. "Just was a warm up."

---
    Murder Scene

“Well helloooo beautiful.” Brown’s voice reached Jessica’s ears as he approached the two. “Sorry but this isn’t a place for kids or Private Investigators.” He gave a forced smile. “We are doing real police work here.”

21. Exzalia

"No one is going to hurt me? Good in that case, I'm... just gonna go. Okay nice meeting you bye." And she turns around and begins walking very swiftly.

"Just keep walking, just keep walking, just keep walking!"

22. lixAxil

Marie arrived at the murder scene, yet careful enough she made sure to not be seen and the presence of these two was already a headache for her. Then when her phone ringed she abandoned it and took a quick detour.

Shep was an important element, and Harley got rid of him?.... Come to think she also stole from the guy before, so, was Harley interested on that too? As things were heading now, the girl would become her enemy, but she wouldn't let her land the first strike, she had no weapons but a long iron pipe with a sharp end suit her fine.

By the moment she arrived the first thing she crossed was Anita. Marie's eyes who now sparked with danger fixed on Anita and she said while raising the iron pipe.

"Going anywhere 'nita?"

Then her glance fixed on the two figures she did not now, Dexter and Trisha.

"I see, so it wasn't Harley...." mumbled.

This sucks... I can deal with Harley with an iron pipe, but dunno about these guys... Thought not letting her ideas to be reflected on her face.

She closed her eyes for an instant and when she reopened she had become a different person. Not a girl who just likes to have fun stepping on everyone else, this time she was working, and that mean a bit of seriousness.

"What was that SMS?... did you two did something to my dear friend Harley? Well no matter... I'll be clear. The fact you have this man imply you want to appropiate of this territory.... but you'll see, we need this territory, we also had a few encounters with the Torres Sisters before, but they luckily were murdered, are you two involved in that too? Answer me and consider your two options, to negotiate or be reported dead at the next newspaper" said while raising the iron pipe in a menacing way.

Yeah you sure intimadate a lot with a short range improvised weapon Marie.... thought the girl.

23. mmarage

I looked at the familiar FBI agent and sighed in relief, this wouldn't have to go on. "Oh yes... wait... aren't you that FBI agent that's on TV all the time, you have your own show..." I said, I crossed my arms and paused for a few seconds, debating whether or not I should say what I was about to say...

"...You do realize that you're a narcissistic pompous ass with an ego the size of a small continent, right? Just because you've done some notable things in your career, that doesn't give you a right to shirk your duties, start up some stupid little TV show, and investigate small time happenings which the local government could investigate on their own without the help of some idiot FBI agent that drags around a camera crew with him and alerts just about everyone that something's going on, including those that are being investigated in the first place, you realize that you're nothing but a huge nuisance, right?" I asked, normally I wouldn't try to get on someone's bad side, however, I really wanted to avoid any further contact with the investigator, I didn't want to lie anymore to someone that was just concerned about my well being...

24. JessWrite

"No one is going to hurt me? Good in that case, I'm... just gonna go. Okay nice meeting you bye."

Dexter placed a cigarette between his lips. "You won't get far." He said simply as Anita moved swiftly away from him.

"WAIT! Don't go, Harley's friend!" Right on cue, Trisha ran behind a tree past Dexter, sliding in front of Anita. With a wide grin, she got close to the girl's face. "I know that big bad guy was mean to you, but we want you to know that there's absolutely no need to worry. All is taken care of!"

The Word's eyes widened as he took note of Trisha. "Y...you're Harley's mom.....I knew you were some sort of government spy." He muttered. "Is this your wetwork partner?" He pointed at Dexter who promptly ignored him.

"Aren't you the girl I talked to at the town meeting?" Dexter asked Anita before he was forced to focus his attention to Marie.

"What was that SMS?... did you two did something to my dear friend Harley? Well no matter... I'll be clear. The fact you have this man imply you want to appropriate of this territory.... but you'll see, we need this territory, we also had a few encounters with the Torres Sisters before, but they luckily were murdered, are you two involved in that too? Answer me and consider your two options, to negotiate or be reported dead at the next newspaper."

"Territory?" Dexter chuckled. "This wasn't about that, all that gang shit’s for the small brained.” His eye shifted to the pipe. “As for the murders that ain’t nothing you need to worry about is it? Their dead and that should be good enough for you?”

Trisha nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we're not wanting to step on any toes or take territory. We're on your side, against this drug guy."

Her gaze shifted back to The Word as she stepped nearer to him. "Silly boy, I'm a teacher not a spy! And him? He's not my...well, he's...um...he's my...hmm..." Trisha's voice faded, staring at Dexter.

"I'm just your friendly neighborhood Dexter." He waved, forcing a smile.

25. Exzalia

Trisha...WTF

"That's great!" Anita answered happily, "Thankyou! Now I have nothing to fear, and I'm going to celebrate by going home! BYE!"

She continues her brisk walk then turns around with a forced smile at Dexters question.

"I don't know you!" She says cheerily, and continues walking.