1. rainshine

rainshine New Member

earlier work

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by rainshine, Oct 13, 2011.

Have any of you ever thought about what would happen if the bits of earlier diabolical works you left trailing behind you in your ambition to become a writer were ever to surface if you became successful, Cringing even thinking about it. A drawing of an indian in a TP done by JK when she was five fetched lot o cash. Some of mine were dismal still are to be honest and such a dozy cow for not realising that yeah they needed to be destroyed less they come back and bite you on the bum.

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

You mean the excruciating horror that one might have to admit that (s)he was not always the brilliant, urbane, witty, irrefutable genius (s)he is today? So that (s)he might not be able to continue having the world believe that (s)he was born with artistic talent already in full bloom, with no need to work to learn the craft, take those first hesitating steps toward creating something out of nothing, make mistakes and learn by them? Oh, yes, what pain! The agony! The humiliation!!

Nuts.

Being 58, my early writings came long before there was a computer in every home, and so it was easy to lose/discard them. Moreover, I moved 5 times between the ages of 13 and 23, making disposal an even more attractive choice. Pity. I'd love to look back at what I thought was good then and see how I've grown (aside from my waistband, that is).

3. rainshine

rainshine New Member

Truly?
    I had been worried about this for some time, It was one and still is one of the excuses for not pulling my finger out and writing.
    you are right of course its NUTs.