Tags:
  1. dawood

dawood New Member

ebooks of Photography

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by dawood, Oct 16, 2013.

I'm also a photographer when the mood takes me and have been thinking about putting together a book, perhaps mixed photos and poems/short texts. There would probably be ~ 30 prints.

I'm wondering what the quality is like for photos on ereaders? The photos would be black and white so I'm not worried about those ereaders that are monochrome only. I don't own an ereader at the moment but will probably go look at some tomorrow.

Just wondered if anyone has done this before, about the image quality and if there's much interest for it?

2. MsScribble

MsScribble Member

Go to the Smashwords site and download their Style Guide; that should tell you if you can format an e-book in this way.

3. dawood

dawood New Member

Thanks. I had a read through it and it mentioned using a fixed layout so I need to experiment a bit I think.

On a side note, I've just compared a few ereaders in one of the local shops and it seems that image quality is pretty good in the new ones like Kindle Fire, but the old monochrome ones aren't really up to the task.

4. aClem

aClem Active Member

I can only speak about Kindle, but photos are no problem whatever. Black and white are definitely not a problem. You'd want to check the quality afterwords on a Kindle, though. I have photos in my ebooks, in color, but when I went to CreateSpace I went black and white. I had to tinker with the contrast and brightness somewhat. You'll also have to know what sizes work and resolution. They want 300 dpi, which isn't a problem if you have photoshop or the like.