1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

eBooks?

Discussion in 'Electronic Publishing' started by Scarecrow28, Sep 14, 2008.

Does anyone know of any way to set up a eBook were the reader pays a small fee (say .99 cents or something like that) to get a PDF download of a short story. I'd like to publish some small, free ones, but would also like to earn a little bit of extra change off the ones I've already done while I'm working on my novel and I figured an eBook would be the best way to do this.

2. CDOKeefe

CDOKeefe New Member

Why not try Kindle on Amazon? I've seen a number of short pieces that are selling for 99 cents. I've even seen some listed for FREE, (though I'm not certain why Amazon allows this since they don't earn a fee).

Can't say how well the short fiction pieces are selling on Kindle, but supposedly the nonfiction pieces make a little bit of spare change.

------------------------------
    www.claudia-okeefe.com
    ------------------------------

3. zorell

zorell New Member

Although this comes off as a good idea, in practice, it might not be. If somebody downloads a copy, they essentially have the ability to reproduce it as many times as they want. Now, that may help with the grassroots, getting your story out there, but it greatly hinders how you profit monetarily.

Your best bet might just be to "leak" snippets and try to bait people to buy a copy non-electronically.