1. scratchpaper

scratchpaper New Member

Editing and Proofreading Services

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by scratchpaper, Nov 1, 2007.

I own a small business catering to the needs of students, authors, bloggers and business owners!

If anyone is interested in us editing any of your material, or if you wish to know about the other services we offer, shoot us an email over at scratch.paper@yahoo.com

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

is this allowed to be posted here?... do you charge a fee for such 'services' or are you offering to help folks for free?...

regardless, i think this belongs in another section... check with mods for rules 'n regs...

3. scratchpaper

scratchpaper New Member

I wasn't planning on charging for these particular services.

I post on forums because I'm a writer myself, and the part I enjoy most is editing. I like reading other people's work.

Whenever I post on a forum its not to build my business. It's to lend a hand and to enhance my own skills. If I wanted money for it, I would have said so. I mention the business so one could see I'm experienced in editing, incase they have doubts in asking a complete stranger for advice.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A better way to demonstrate your ediing skills on this forum is to post reviews in the Review Rooms. You can put contact incormation in your profile and mention your service in your signature.

You should send a Private Message (PM) to the site owner, Lpspider, for permission before advertising a service on the site.

However, welcome to the Writing Forums, and I hope your stay here is both fun andf enlightening.

5. mammamaia

it's nice of you to offer to help for free, but saying you have a business and then mentioning 'us' editing material did make it sound like that would be done for a fee... so i hope you can see why i had to ask...

6. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

The problem with the service you're currently advertising is that it only gives us an email address. How do we know for sure that you really have a bona fide business company?

Unless we know you from the forums already (and for quite a long time), posting an email address out of the blue and offering free services to edit and proof-read any written pieces, sounds more intimidating than encouraging.

7. mammamaia

good point, endeavor...

sp... i can't find any website for you, either in your profile or by googling, so that's even more troubling, in re asking people trust to you with their work...