1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Editing posts - regressions in behavior

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Cogito, Jan 20, 2012.

A problem has crept in recently with the updates to the site software.

Previously, when you selected a section of text in the edit window and applied an effect, like bolding, italicizing, or setting the text color, the text would remain selected. Therefore, if you appled more than one effect, they would all be applied to the selected text.

This is no longer the case. Now, when you apply the effect, the selection is de-selected, so the second effect is applied to no text at the current cursor position.

Daniel, could you please look into this and fix it?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i hadn't noticed this... am testing it here...

seems to work ok now... i just highlighted the word each time and clicked on the next effect... however, if you just click the next effect without highlighting the word again, the effect 'code' appears next to the end of the first effect and thus does not affect the word itself...

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The problem is you have to re-highlight the word or phrase, and that was not previously necessary.

Admittedly, it isn't a complete show-stopper, but it is quite annoying, especially if you are highliting passages for critique.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

by now, with all the other probs the changeover caused, i'd forgotten we could do that before... 'le sigh!'