End of the world

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OurJud, Sep 15, 2015.

1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Not sure what you mean by that?

The title of the thread is just that - a title. Other than that, I've made it very clear I'm not suggesting anything supernatural or sinister.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I did see that in your post. But you dismissed the construction noise when I said I heard it firsthand and it sounded just like some of the noises in some of the videos. Next time you're near any cranes and/or pile drivers building skyscrapers, step outside and listen.

Some of those are likely hoaxes. For example one has people all looking up and gathering outside. If it were real, was there a news account of it? You would think of all the incidents there would be at least some that made the evening news.

I think normal noises and hoaxes explains the bulk of the noises. But I'm not saying I think you are proclaiming aliens or anything.

3. OurJud

There have been countless news reports. I dismissed your theory because, as I've already said, it would have been confirmed long ago if it was construction sites that were the source of the noise.

The only theory that sounds logical to me, is the one that comes from scientists who say that the Earth is constantly emitting all manner of noises, but that they operate at a frequency we can't here, and that maybe, for whatever reason, a few of these noises have now started to run at a frequency we can here.

But even this theory has scientist arguing among themselves.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

It's just the Earth making weird noises, only this time we can actually hear it.

*pats the Earth*

It's OK, I hear ya. I hear ya. Just keep on spinning around, don't you worry about us.

:p

But seriously, it's just the Earth making weird noises. This will puzzle and interest the scientists for years to come because, well, we're hearing our planet!

5. OurJud

But even if that's what it is, and it does sound the most plausible, it does the beg the question why? Why now, all of a sudden? What's changed after all the years this current generation's been around?

I suspect the Earth is about to crack in half. That'd be exciting, wouldn't it?

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Um, no? No, I don't want Earth to split in half thank you. I love this planet, I would like for it to stay intact. :)

As for why we're hearing this noise for the first time in human history apparently? Who knows. I didn't hear it over here in Alabama, so it's not everywhere, but who knows the cause. Maybe something in the geology/atmosphere or something well beyond my understanding as a liberal arts guy. All I want to know is that if it had happened before, why has no one ever bothered writing it down until now? You'd think great minds like Galileo would write down something like, "Uh, and occasionally I hear weird noises happening from above, in the heavens, from whence I'm unable to determine."

7. OurJud

I must be a bit odd. The thought of the world ending really excites me.