1. wolfi

wolfi New Member

Endings that always make you cry

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by wolfi, Dec 10, 2010.

Don't lie we all have them, the books you read you know the end yet you still cry, no mater how many times

mine are
    freak the mighty
    and where the red fern grows

the first one is sad and i cried
    but the bottom one is just WRONG
    I mean i was depressed for the next few weeks

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I remember feeling really sad after reading Stone Fox. It's my favorite children's novel. I even have the movie.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

It didn't make me 'cry', but the ending to Johnny Got his Gun affected me deeply. I've never been able to properly explain it, it left me with a deep, bitter, cold feeling that is really hard to define.

It was a great novel though.

4. pinkrobot

pinkrobot New Member

My Sister's Keeper and The Memory Keeper's Daughter. Apparently "keeper" in a title means lots of tears!

5. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Oh so many. Well, I don't cry but I nearly do. First ones that come to mind are 'Noughts and Crosses' by Malorie Blackman, 'Private Peaceful' by Michael Morpurgo, 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' by John Boyne, 'Before I Die' by Jenny Downham, 'Atonement' by Ian McEwan... the list goes on.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Oh my god, I remember reading Where the Red Fern Grows in school and crying at my desk.... my entire class freaked out a bit, I was crying so much. That was in 4th grade. I reread it again in 5th and took the book home so I could read the last part (the saddest part) at my house... didn't want to cry at school again. I cried again at home. Such a good book.