1. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Your character's theme song

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by GlitterRain7, Apr 22, 2018.

Hey, so, I thought it would be cool to make a thread for our character's theme songs. This is my MC's theme song, and the cool thing is, he actually listens to this band.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Dusty ('Honest intent' and 'Darkest storm')

Blade (Rapax, and Tigris )

Dave Kennedy (Pulse)

Lucky Lawson (Gladiators)

3. graveleye

graveleye Senior Member

I wrote a bunch of music to go along with my book.
    I'm not sure this fits with the topic here, but it's become sort of a them song to me.
    This is the song that goes along with the scene where the MC is at his lowest, and he reaches out to the woman who he's soon to fall in love with.

She thinks he has moved away, and he writes her a note using the lyrics of this song to say "I'm still here..." and they are reunited.

zoupskim and honey hatter like this.
  4. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

I actually have 4 different playlists for my lead villain protagonists :D One for "The Triarii" as a single unit, 3 for the individual members.

Charlie Petersen: a lifelong science nerd, she joined the drug market in college to pay for her chemistry degree and is currently practicing Earth and Water magic

The highlight of her 8-song playlist is Castle, by Halsey

for three reasons:
    • She's a naturally cold and insensitive person who'd been told her entire life to be more of a people-person, and she mostly wants to be left alone by anybody except her two best friends. Said best friends, both heterosexual, describe her being a lesbian as "ironic" because they are both insufferable goof-balls who try too hard to make everything funny, whereas her being super-serious makes her the Straight Man.
    • The first of her two best friends that she met, Amy "The Richmond Ripper" Carmine, wanted the two of them to make it to the top of the food chain because she/Amy didn't want anybody to be able to tell them what to do. Amy's ambition is starting to rub of on Charlie, but for the most part, Charlie still just wants to find a stable, mid-level position: high enough that she doesn't have to worry about either street violence or beat cops; low enough that she doesn't have to worry about assassination or federal task forces.
    • She wants to be the first among equals in her circle of friends, and she doesn't mind being The Boss when they're working, but the fact that Alec has gotten as deferential in their personal life as he'd always been on the job has made her fear that he doesn't think of her as a friend anymore.

Amy "The Richmond Ripper" Carmine: a lifelong military history nerd who ran away from home at 15 and became America's Deadliest Female Serial Killer in her early 20s, she is currently practicing Earth and Fire magic.

The highlights of her 31-video playlist are

Richmond is a Hard Road (to Travel)

a Confederate marching anthem from 1863, and her favorite song in the world for having so much information about military history told in such a peppy tune (like a School House Rock special directed by Michael Bay).

Down With The Sickness, by Disturbed

She turned to serial murder as a way of coping with her PTSD, but she would emphasize on no uncertain terms that being assaulted by her boyfriend at 15 did not turn her into a serial killer (she absolutely despises the "PTSD makes people violent" stereotype and would made it explicitly clear that the vast majority of survivors do not turn out the way she did), and she likes the line "You've woken up the demon in me" as a reflection of the fact that she'd always had the potential to be that kind of person, and that even if she hadn't spent the best years of her life jumping at shadows and waking up screaming, she may have gotten started in that kind of life anyway.

Titanium, Within Temptation's cover

Partially as a reflection of how hard she works not to let her trauma keep her down and to build a good life for herself in spite of everything; partially because she loves that her Earth and Fire magic combine to let her control metal.​

Alec Shorman: a lifelong SciFi/Fantasy nerd, he's a hypocritical liberal who thinks he's a better Social Justice Warrior than he really is and who is currently taking Air, Fire, and Water magic.

The highlights of his 11-song playlist are

When You're Evil, by Aurelio Voltaire

because he takes great pride in being the loyal, Lawful Evil soldier that his friends can count on for whatever they need

Mother, by Danzig

because he takes great pride in being the sociopathic D&D nerd that so many paranoid priests/parents like to pretend that all D&D nerds are like
    "The Triarii:" These three homicidal sociopaths are the best friends that any of them have ever had, they love each other platonically more than any of them have ever loved anybody romantically, and they would be willing to die for each other.

The highlights of their 15-song playlist would probably be

Umbrella, by Rihanna

showing the gentleness they have for each other

Run This Town, by Rihanna again, Jay-Z, and Kanye

showing their ruthlessness against pretty much everybody else​

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  5. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

GR you gave me... a... nother... band... too... like! I'm listening to Soundgarden again because of you thanks GR
    Bring me the horizon perfect name for a band that likes vampires, or for vampires that like the band. Not sure your band is gonna be around for much longer there necks look very inviting, all the blood in that video made me thirsty.

My MC song, maybe you've seen me talk about the band Failure before? This is her song. The song itself talks about a plane going down, small things becoming bigger. Since I'm the MC in my own life here's my Soundgarden song Slaves and Bulldozers.

For me the song is very grounded in my WIP I don't think I'd have 3,300 words without this song and a lotta help from above.

This song is a vampire feeding

Gravel I hope I can post an original piece I came up with on my elextric Guitar Suzie. It's a min half but I can stretch it.

graveleye and GlitterRain7 like this.
  6. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

i had to think about my other MC the ballerina. I was going with Sia - Breathe Me. I decided on.
    Snake River Conspiracy - Casualty

Glitter love your taste in music. Your boys Bring Me The Horizon unlocked a big plot twist for me i didnt even know i had in me. *Lights inside pools of darkness stare gratefully at GlitterRain* My thanks keep those good tunes coming.

Cave Troll and GlitterRain7 like this.
  7. GlitterRain7

Hey glad I could help! But I gotta pass some of the credit to my MC who is who he is so I decided on that song as his theme song :D
    Honestly, though, that song fits him perfectly and I love when songs fit characters perfectly.

honey hatter likes this.
  8. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

For my current MC, Kristol, it may be this. I'm not sure why, since her culture is equal to the Romans but every time I think of her or her story this is the tune that plays.

For another MC named Samuel, this one sings true to his personality and heart.... as the leader of his people.

And just one more, my MMC, Richard... this one is a bit tougher as there a few that could work from a symbolic way. As a troubled man, tormented by voices in his head and the weight of a crown resting on his brow.

I have other MCs.... but most don't have themes or it would take any entire page to present them all. :p

9. Thaddaeus English

Thaddaeus English Member

Anna Binate (Girl In Red Overalls) was suggested by a friend after she read the book.
    Cloudbusting: Kate Bush

zoupskim, graveleye and honey hatter like this.
  10. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

JW good tunes, especially Pink Floyd they played a little bit of Dark Side of the Moon at the concert, it was epic!
    Thad never listened to Kate Bush before but i like her voice, reminds me of Anne Wilson from the band Heart. Though i think Anne can take her notes higher into the stratosphere.
    Glitter you wanna create some more MC's so you can give me more inspiration *winks*

GlitterRain7 and John-Wayne like this.
  11. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

"Can you hear the Silence? Can you see the Dark? Can you fix the Broken? Can you feel? Can you feel my Heart? Looove that song. The dark isn't frightening at all when you've got illumination within.

GlitterRain7 likes this.
  12. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

honey hatter likes this.
  13. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Beautiful

OurJud likes this.
  14. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Some really nice songs here has given me the need give my vinyls a spin later (quality is not as good but there is just a certain - to borrow from the french - a 'je ne sais quois' that makes vinyls awesome. There is also something about that noise when the tip connects with the record... great.).

Anyway, back on topic.... I have never actually thought of a particular song to associate my current MCs. But now that I put my mind to it, I think that it is clear which songs those should be.

From my first MC, Seren, I think I would definitely have to go with Toto's Hold the Line.

However, for my second MC, Varlin, there is no contest. His character just demands this song to be played in the background whenever he is... well... himself. Thought he would enjoy it and perhaps for the wrong reason, I believe that it is more appropriate due to the joke behind it - despite the fact he would dislike being the punchline of that joke.

John-Wayne likes this.
  15. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Glitter you are blessing on top of blessing, Thank you for you and your MC for introducing me to Bring Me The Horizon, sorry I'm going off topic ya'll, I'll add the song that means so much to me and my boyfriend now. It's our song now and forever. Thanks to you my dear. *tips her hat eternally grateful to GlitterRain*

GlitterRain7 likes this.
  16. orangefire

orangefire Active Member

Both of these are characters from my D&D game. I guess I’m more likely to give them theme songs since I can actually play the song when they show up. They’re still my characters though so...

Proditores - https://m.fanburst.com/domzoo1/wrath-boss-battle

Eyi -

honey hatter likes this.
  17. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Very cool, 20"sided dice pen and paper with a circle of my friends back in highshool dayz. Miss those days, good times. I saw a #chronostar. Any relation to the game chrono cross? Good stuff orange fire

18. GlitterRain7

Ooh!!! Love that song!!!
    I'm straying a bit off topic too, but my MC and his girlfriend have a theme song, also from Bring Me the Horizon. It fits them so well.

honey hatter likes this.
  19. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Alexei, the MC of Exiles, is a classical pianist and composer who defected the the US from the Soviet Union. He'd always dreamed of living in the New York City he'd seen in black market American Movies, and Elton John's "Mona Lisas and Madhatters" is his favorite song. It's the first song he learned in English after coming to the US in 1974. Elton John was huge when Alexei arrived in the US, and he immediately latched onto this as his theme song:

Kathryn, the FMC of Exiles, is a wounded bird. Elton John's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word: is her theme song until she finds her power:

20. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I'm going to have to remember all I need to survive the apocalypse is a good pair of headphones(bought beatz solo3 headphones yesterday they are amazing) and a song in your heart. Oh loved the part where the ballerina made a cameo from my story and danced with him I'll have to reward her later for being so nice.
    Side note I know there's a music thread but I was thinking indie rock thread. Lemme know what you think Glitter

GlitterRain7 likes this.
  21. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Shen! Elton's sooo good. I only own two of his songs right now, Bennie and the jets & Goodbye yellow brick road. Thanks for those especially Mona Lisa's and Mad Hatter, I don't know why I feel a special bond with that song.*tips her hat*

Shenanigator likes this.
  22. GlitterRain7

I’m confused? You mean this thread?

honey hatter likes this.
  23. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Lol sorry Glitter, was just thinking a mutual appreciation thread for indie rock though we have lots here. *waits for the dawn to come* sorry, I'm used to awkward but I didn't intend confusion. Seems I'm off my game today

GlitterRain7 likes this.
  24. GlitterRain7

It might not be a bad idea to start a new thread for that. I could probably contribute some. Also maybe it would be a better place than the music thread for people who want to find just new rock music.

honey hatter likes this.
  25. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Can I do theme songs for my books instead of characters? No? Oh well I- OOOPPPS!!

Proxy:

Spell Cycle:

Scifi Donut: