Era of Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by fantasywriter, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Lye sighed and walked over to the table where others gathered. Lorel and Heirser followed cautiously. But they still tended to act like dogs more then wolves, which made Lye upset a bit.
    She walked over to the one that looked exactly like the flyer.
    "I'm Hopius Lye," she said.

2. Lorena

Lorena Active Member

Gloria strolled into the tavern, fashionably late as per usual. Her souless eyes quickly glanced the premesis for signs of the 'Lucas' character she was supposed to meet.

Some male customers at the tavern shot a brief glance at her, but she wasn't here for any sort of sexual tomfoolery; there was a mission at hand.

The name 'Lucas' dropped a few times from the crowd at the bar. Gloria swaggered over to them with a hand on her hip. Ignoring whatever conversation was going on, she extended her arm out to the leader, almost demandingly. She shook his hand with a firm, cold grip.

3. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Len hesitated for a moment, seeing some of the more confident others already sitting down at a large table and beginning introductions. Len leaned on his staff for support, feeling sick to his stomach. Why do all of the others have to be so powerful? Len asked himself. I'm just a basic wizard, what use am I to a group fighting demons and other dark monsters? He shook his head for a moment, thinking about leaving and finding some other way to spend his time. I should at least try..... for Barobarg. I've got his book, this adventure will only help me improve my magic!

Len calmly made his way over to Lucas and the others who were responding to the flyer. Then he quickly sat down, still leaning slightly on his staff as he always did.

"Hello, I'm Len," he quickly said, not trying to make direct eye contact with anyone at the table.

4. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Deathblade had been traveling for the past few days fighting the demons that had surrounded him, being top in his class of the dark knights had helped him in fending off the beasts. He was on a hill one night thinking of his past and examaning the runes on his skin, when a flyer came to him from overhead, he quickly snatched it and looked it over, nodding he folded it and placed it in his pocket. From there he traveled to the location where they were supposed to meet, it was cold, but it didn't bother him. He went inside the tavern, noticing he was a bit late. He scanned the room and noticed the dozen or so people and just sat in a corner listening to the conversation from afar, he noticed another doing the exact same thing. This could prove to be an interesting journey.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"Hello. My name is Lucas Willard. And you are?"

"Atrius Rile. Pleased to meet you." He took another gulp from the glass.

Not long after, a congregation of assorted people of different races and professions were approaching the man. The most conspicuous was a sleek redhead.

This was going to be fun.

6. moff

moff New Member

The tedious motion of the tavern doors creaked as another patron entered the slowly filling bar room, the young elf stood still for a moment in the door way her eyes scanned the crowd, never had she seen such a diverse bunch. Then she noticed a group gathering around a table circling a tall man and a name she was searching for fell before her ears "Lucas" but what really caught her attention were the 2 wolves heading that way. Wide eyed she slid through the crowd hurrying after them.

7. RIPPA MATE

RIPPA MATE New Member

Sythe watched as the poor souls greeted each other and sat around the table, all eager and ready to listen brave ol' Lucus. Even the hooded man with the rapier had revealed himself. He ended up being some guy with a silly mustache.
    Sythe glance to the side. A sturdy, short haired man with a ridiculously sized sword, had placed himself in the corner. Sythe rolled his eyes, he was subtle.

8. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

It wasn't until people had started to introduce themselves to Willard and a girl who appeared to be a priestess f some kind sat down next her that Incendia remembered something important that she had forgotten to do.

“I've been so wound up about this mission that I completely forgot my manners.”, she thought to herself with a sigh, “Guess I had better start with Willard.”

“Hello. Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier, you must be Lucas Willard. My name is Incendia, Incendia Ignis, last heir to the Ignis line. Please give me your best regards.”, she said as she quickly greeted this man whom so many people had come to see. She then turned to greet the girl who had sat next to her, “Hello, my name is Incendia Ignis, you must be a priestess. Am I correct?"

9. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

He stared at the crowd gathered and greeting each other like some kind of social tea party. He then felt eyes on him, he looked over the man across the way, he was staring. In a low voice he said,
    "it's not polite to stare you know."
    With that he looked back to the large group and listened in to the conversation ignoring the reply that was given to him.

10. moff

moff New Member

as Furúmil caught up to the lady with the wolves she over herd her speak to the man named lucas "I'm Hopius Lye" ignoring both of them she dropped to her knees with a wide smile and began petting the friendly dogs. They were healthy and friendly looking, then as if suddenly realizing there were other people around she shot up to her feet reached a friendly hand through the crowd towards lucas and announced "Furúmil"

11. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Atrius turned around around and asked the barkeeper for a more strong drink. The bartender said that he had given him the strongest he had. What was that, water? People today had no taste.

Besides a couple of animals and a very prominent lad with a sword that surely wasn't compensating for anything, the only other thing was a priest.

"I'm Atrius. I just happened to notice you across the room." He tried drinking from his flash again. It was empty. "Now, what could possibly interest a priest in here? Surely it isn't the tap water they offer at the counter."

12. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

A silver light brightens the room as a white-robed dwarf with a long, flowing beard and a magnificent warhammer upon his back ambles into the tavern. His eyes linger on the mugs its patrons are clutching as he scans the room, though no clue of his disgust is betrayed. The dwarf spots the man from the flyer, and steadily makes his way to him. He finds an empty chair on a table near-by, pulls it up off to the side of the congregation, and slowly sets his rump upon it. When Lucas looks at him, he nods and says, "Agnorth."

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Heiser and Lorel both whined ridiculous after they got the attention, they were attention whores at times. Lye stared at them and then at the one who had pet her wolves. Lye cleared her throat and took the extended hand of the girl and shook it in a very awkward kind of reaching for someone's arm kind of way.
    "Furumli right, Hi I'm Lye....question do you just walk to anyone's animals and pet them without permission of the owner?" Lye asked.

14. CommonGoods

CommonGoods New Member

“Emna d’Rose.” She doubted anyone would actually know her last name. There were plenty of noble families to go around, and she was old money; her father hadn’t done anything noticeable in years. Some of the people here seemed awfully out of place, and it made her feel uncomfortable. She hated being uncomfortable. “So,” she said to no one in particular, “when are we leaving, and were are leaving to?”

15. moff

moff New Member

Furúmil spun her gaze as her hand was awkwardly shook, confused her face was blank for a second as it seemed to take a second to process what lye had just said, then a large playful smile shot across her face and she nodded, then paused and nodded again. Then her eyes gazed upon her clothing and there was a glint of sadness in her eyes but her smile never fadded

16. xenophon22020

xenophon22020 New Member

Senofyn turned and watched the rest of the group. A slender girl [CommonGoods, that’s you!] caught his attention. She was shorter than the rest, but that did not hamper his picture of her. She reminded him of someone he used to know when he was young. A child he used to run along with in the ocean of flowers beside his village.

A wave of nostalgia wept over him. He hovered over to the young woman; she was beautiful. “Hello,” he said, “are you here with Lucas? It’s a bit hectic here and I thought I could get to know someone before I throw myself into something larger than life.” He held out his hand.

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

The silence game, Lye didn't like that. And then the playful smile, things Lye hated from people.
    Lye let go of her hand.
    "You don't have anything to say?" Lye asked.

18. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Lucas greeted everyone with a handshake, a nod, and a polite statement. Everyone was introducing themselves so quickly, he had trouble remembering every person that he was introduced to. Was there anyone he hadn't yet met? Luke wanted to be certain before beginning his speech.

Annaleigh, too, was being spoken to by numerous guests, and she smiled at them all shyly. What was she doing here? That was a good question to ask, and one that didn't have a very good, firm answer. The woman sitting next to Anna asked her if she was a priestess, and she nodded politely. "You are correct." The woman seemed like a nice enough sort. One of the men, who happened to be drinking himself away, also questioned Annaleigh, and she replied to him as well, managing a laugh. "Tap water? Certainly not. Lucas is my brother." She went wherever he went, to protect him, of course. But really it was she who needed protecting. "And what exactly do you wish to get out of this, besides the drink?"

19. moff

moff New Member

Furúmil shook her head softly, gave a gentle curtsy as if excusing herself then turned and proceeded to take a seat near (Roric) a man leaning on his staff but not before shuffling one of the winning dogs on the head between the ears.

20. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Deathblade obseved, everyone seemed happy to greet each other. He had set his sword next to his chair, he wasn't worried about anyone running off with it anyways, it was bound to him, and only he could lift it. Everyone seemed to be settling down, the meeting appered to be beginning.

21. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"Oh, you should know how it is. You're a priest." He said, and sat at the table. "Priests get bored, right? Well, same thing. I got bored. What's better to do away with boredom than saving our realm? We'll be heroes. Remembered for ages. But first--" He got up and asked the bartender for a whole bottle of 'tap water' and a couple of glasses. "We can''t save the realm sober." He said, and poured the foul drink in the glasses. "Cheers!"

22. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Suddenly Lye followed the girl, and then slapped the girl across the cheek. Not hard, but enough to leave a little sting.
    "When someone acknowledges something with you, you don't walk off, you acknowledge them as well," Lye said.

23. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

"Cheers!" Luke called, grinning and clinking his glass against Atrius'. But before he drained the alchohol, he caught sight of a piercing look from Anna and stopped, placing his glass awkwardly on the table again and casting her an apologetic expression. Lucas knew how she hated it when he drank, and he respected her concern for his health. "Sorry, my friend," he said, looking up at Atrius. "I'm not in the mood for a drink. I have other things on my mind." Now was the time for his grand speech.

Standing up, Luke made his way to the front of the tavern, politely pushing his way past a few of the newcomers who had yet to sit down. Once he was within view of everyone, Lucas cleared his throat, thus issuing silence. "Hello, friends!" His voice was loud so that everyone could hear him. "Im sure you've all come here for the same reasons, more or less. All of us want this world to change." Luke had never been good with speeches, but he tried to sound strong. "Whether it be for fame, glory, or a yearning for change, you've all come here to join me in my journey to the Islands." Everyone in the world knew what the "Islands" were. Whenever one referred to the "Islands" they spoke of the impossible to reach islands to the north where the portal lay. "I know not how to close this portal, but I'm sure that with your help we can travel to the Islands and shut the cause of all our sufferings. No one has ever made it to these Islands, however. It will be a difficult, dangerous journey, but one that will pay off in the end. We will do what no one has done before us, for we are stronger than the others.

"If you join me, I swear to lead us down this dangerous path and never give in. And I am not one to give up easily. I want a change in this world. I want this world to survive. I want to save our peoples from the tyranny that now threatens our lands." He locked eyes with each of his new companions. Even though his speech may not be great, he meant what he said. "Who's with me?"

24. moff

moff New Member

She could feel the sting on her face as a light red hand mark swelled up on her soft pale skin, her mouth hung low and eyes wide in absolute shock, then an anger burned in her eyes, fists clenched at her sides she shot up letting the chair fall to the floor, locking eyes with lye she began mumbling insults in elven and just as she began to raise a hand Luke called a cheers and began a speech, lucky she hissed at lye then turned her attention too lucas

25. xenophon22020

xenophon22020 New Member

"Who's with me?"

Senofyn had to admit, Lucas was an awful speaker, but he could tell the man meant every word. Senofyn chuckled; he had stayed in his shell for too long. He unsheathed his rapier and twirled it in the light. “I am,” he shouted, his blade glittering in the air.

And he was.