Era of Darkness

Discussion in 'Archive' started by fantasywriter, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

She hadn't noticed the spell being cast, or who had casted it earlier because she was still upset. But now it was obvious who had casted the spell.

"I agree, you had better unhand Lucas quite quickly.", Incendia said as she placed her own hand on the new comer's shoulder, pumping as much heat into her hand as she could with setting the man's leather armor on fire.

2. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Agnorth, having drifted to sleep sometime after Lucas' speech, awoke with a start. He quickly scanned the room for his comrades, and noticed Lucas just outside the doorway with a black-robed fellow clutching his shoulder. He promptly slid off the chair and made his way to him. By then, the red-robed lady had grabbed the black-robed man's shoulder.

"May I ask what's happening?" Agnorth asked cautiously.

3. moff

moff New Member

yep to Furumil it was obvious, everyone here was insane. They were odd shaped, wearing odd things, throwing odd things, setting fires, insulting each other, shaking hands and then slapping people. In such a short time she had watched as the room filled with mischief and trickery, lies and deception, ego's and pride. Furúmil's patients was nearing its end. It was as if all had forgotten why they were here, she had seen goblins band together quicker then this lot. These people irritated her. So easily distracted. Retaining her smile gracefully she elegantly and effortlessly leapt across a nearby table and acrobatically danced her way over to the door where the sleepy and confused Agnorth just stepped out. "May I ask what's happening?" he asked someone who wasn't her and before anyone could answer Furumil leaning in close to his ear from behind whispered intrusively "all u missed my glowing old friend was the foolish being fools and the weak being weak. Oh and a demonstration that not all with power act with the wisdom of your age". She then briefly exhaled, a sigh of disappointment and preparation in one "Some must flaunt there abilities and test each others strengths. With such a diverse group no one knows who's capable of what and its only natural to fear what they don't understand" she takes a quick breath, as her eyes searching for the right way to speak to an elderly priest and as if failing she just blurts out " and how so do we compare.... who's is bigger?" As she said that she gave a little shrug and looked at the dwarf puzzlingly almost like it was a question but her ranting did not stop there, in seconds she was in his ear again "These big men and women dark and mysterious magical and powerful. Many, they will say they have no fear yet act as an animal would trapped in the dark presence of fear herself." Then furumil leans so close to the dwarfs ear almost tasting it she whispers in a voice dry and harsh "what dose your god permit you to fear?" then finally as if happy to get that of her chest she stands tall stretching her back and gives him a little smile.

4. Lorena

Lorena Active Member

May I ask what's happening?

''Foolishness, that's what.'' replied Gloria to the man. She didn't know his name yet.

Gloria then turned her attentions to the newcomer, Scythe.

''You fool!'' she shouted.
    ''This is not the time for parlour tricks.''

Gloria tossed a spout at fire at the remnants of ice on the floor, melting them.

5. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Deathblade was walking along the road waiting for the others to catch up, he shouted back to them,
    "Catch up, we need to get to some shelter before nightfall!"

6. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

Agnorth, unable to glean any meaning from the leather-garbed woman's words, smiled and nodded.

Although that did little to explain the situation, Agnorth guessed that this black-robed man was at the center of the conflict.

7. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Lucas watched his companions quietly as they argued amongst each other. At least Atrius and Incendia were on his side. Deathblade and Scythe couldn't be trusted. Not after that little display. When Len had fallen, Luke had spun around, shocked to find that the ice was meant for him and not the young mage. "Sorry, friend," Luke said, clapping Len on the back. He turned to the others, took a deep breath, and turned his back, heading out the door once more. "I agree with Deathblade. If we want to get anywhere tonight, we'd best leave now."

Annaleigh watched the spectacle in silence, irritated. What were these men? Complete idiots? Rolling her eyes, Anna thought it best to add an opinion of her own. "If you want to act like children, then I suggest you stay here. I won't put up with fools on this journey. You won't last two seconds against the demons."

8. RIPPA MATE

RIPPA MATE New Member

Scythe felt a searing pain in his right shoulder. He ignored it jsut like the voices around him, where they all oblivous to the danger. Yes yes they were.
    Scythe eyed the bartender, who was amusing himself at the bunch of adventures not even able to adventure.
    His hand fell from lucas and he started to leave.
    'Leaving might be a good idea...' said Scythe glancing around. He pulled the crossbow trigger which was concealed underneath his robes. A bolt flew across the room and hit the bartenter square in the chest. Eyes alight, the bartender shriveled up in flames.
    'But I think you might need help spotting demons.'
    Sythe turned and started walking towards the door. 'Mind if I join?'

9. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

"If you want to act like children, then I suggest you stay here. I won't put up with fools on this journey. You won't last two seconds against the demons."

"What is of life if you can't act like a child? Might as well forget how to have fun." The streets were clear then. Thankfully, the rush hour of commoners had passed, and all that remained was a simple, though somewhat pretty, stone road. Atrius gave a passing look to his comrades. Why did so few share his enthusiasm? The quest was great, the companionship was colourful and the liquor not scarce. Why the long faces? Apparently, this generation was angst filled about the world comind to an end.

He hoped the next one was a bit more relaxed.

10. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

Scythe's attack surprised Lucas. What was he doing?! In an instant, the bar-keep, Elnor, was dead. And now Scythe was rambling on about demons? What was he talking about? "Elnor was no demon!" Luke snarled, his anger finally getting the better of him. "At least, I didn't think he was . . ." His head fell in sadness and confusion and Annaleigh reached out a hand to comfort him. Elnor had been the man's good friend. Well, Elnor had. But was this really a disguised demon? Lucas hoped so.

Luke shook his head in disbelief, pushing Anna's hand away, and strode out the door without another word, not trusting himself to have a civil conversation with Scythe. He truly felt like cracking the man's skull. But that wouldn't do him any good. He needed to calm himself.

Catching up with Deathblade, Luke didn't bother to see if the others were following. It was time they left, and they had no more time to spare for foolishness and fighting. As confused as he was, Lucas had to forget about the tavern for now. They had a journey ahead of them. "Let me take the lead," Luke said impatiently to Deathblade, cutting in front of the man. "We're heading to Dyan, the port city in northern Anias. I'm sure you all know where it is." He paused, looking back at Deathblade, Anna, and everyone else. "I'm telling you in case we're separated. It's fairly easy to get lost in the dark." His protective side getting the better of him, Lucas gestured for Annaleigh to join him at his side. "Stay close to me," he commanded, afraid to lose her. She willingly followed his orders; he knew best . . . Well, most of the time, at least.

11. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Eyes alight, the bartender shriveled up in flames.
    'But I think you might need help spotting demons.'

Incendia hadn't noticed the demon before. She hadn't even suspected a demon to be there, but this man had. She didn't like him, he was a trouble maker and had an overwhelmingly dark presence; similar to that Deathblade person. Although...They need a person like him, someone who could spot their enemies before the enemies spotted them; plus, just now he managed to shoot a demon in the heart from across the room with a miniature crossbow. But it wasn't her place to include him in their party. That was Lucas's decision.

"Thank you... for stopping that demon." Incendia said. Not with a smile though, but rather with a glare. "I don't like him... but he did just help us out." She thought to herself as she left the tavern, following the others.

12. Lorena

Lorena Active Member

The bar-keep, a demon? Surely it wasn't so? Gloria prided herself in her ability to spot demons. Of course she had been distracted by the Ignis woman...it was possible that she had missed it. But there was something peculiar about the Scythe character that Gloria didn't trust. A strange man indeed.

We're heading to Dyan, the port city in northern Anias.

Finally! So this Lucas character had finally taken a well-need initiative. Gloria smirked mischieviously.

''It's about time!'' she added. Gloria walked up to Lucas' side, subtly pushing Anna away. She smiled seductively at him.
    ''Some of the girls just don't understand how dangerous this mission is.''

13. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Luke pushed his way forward, Deathblade wasn't sure if Luke was an expert guide, but if he was going to lead this group then he might as well listen for the meantime.
    It's fairly easy to get lost in the dark
    "The darkness is my ally, I fear it not, it calls, I listen, it guides, I follow. I can not get lost within the darkness, because I am the darkness."
    He stayed silent on the trail, Luke was suspicious of him. He cared not for the man, and he deserved to be suspicious, after all Deathblade was more than suspicious of him.

14. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

''It's about time! Some of the girls just don't understand how dangerous this mission is.''

Luke smirked slightly, turning his head to look at the woman who was speaking to him - Gloria, if he remembered correctly. He hardly noticed that Annaleigh had been pushed aside. "And you do?" he asked. "You'd admit that?" Deathblade said something about 'being the shadows', but Lucas ignored him. What could he possibly mean by that?

Anna, frustrated at having been pushed aside, took up a position on the other side of Luke, glaring at Gloria furiously. Who did she think she was? "What do you mean by 'some of the girls'?" she questioned, crossing her arms.

15. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Thankfully, his years of physical education hadn't been completely set off by his drinking, so he was able to keep behind the main group. He preferred being close to Lucas. Who better to follow than the leader himself?

"I think we all know just how dangerous this is." He said, trying to find a position that suited his knees just after running. They ached sometimes; not too much though. "I mean, we all are at least a little bit suicidal. Who else would want to do this things?"

16. Lorena

Lorena Active Member

''And you do?'' he asked. "You'd admit that?"
    It was the first time she spoke to Lucas properly. He seemed like an okay leader...relatively attractive too. She wanted to prove her worth to him as soon as possible. If Gloria was good at anything, it was making first impressions.

''I understand the magnitude of this situation greater than anyone here. Since the meeting in the tavern everyone has been childishly bickering!'' Gloria folder her arms. She briefly looked back at the Ignis woman before shifting her gaze to the enigmatic Scythe.
    ''I trust you though.'' she continued, now looking at Lucas. ''It's THEM I don't trust.''

Her gaze shifted yet again, this time to Deathblade.

The darkness is my ally, I fear it not, it calls, I listen, it guides, I follow. I can not get lost within the darkness, because I am the darkness.

This remark infuriated her. Gloria's intuition sensed Deathblade was trying to scare them.
    ''You talk big, but I somehow doubt you have the ability to back-up your claims.''

What do you mean by 'some of the girls'?" she questioned, crossing her arms.

''Oh, nobody in particular.'' Gloria rolled her eyes again with tones of passive-agressiveness.
    ''There may be a few females here, but theres only one respectable, fully developed woman. And that's me!''
    Gloria pointed to herself when she said this. Her fingernails were fine-combed with red nail varnish. Her demonic eyes Glared at Anna again. Gloria reached into her pocket and took out what resembled a compact make-up accessory. She handed it to Anna.
    ''Here, you need this. Doll yourself up now!'' she said, smirking.

17. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

I mean, we all are at least a little bit suicidal. Who else would want to do this things?

"The last heir of the Ignis, that's who." Incendia muttered to herself. Was tired of bickering.

I understand the magnitude of this situation greater than anyone here. Since the meeting in the tavern everyone has been childishly bickering!

There may be a few females here, but theres only one respectable, fully developed woman. And that's me!

Wasn't it Gloria who had insulted her before they had even met? "A dispicible woman if there ever was one." she thought to herself with a sigh. First Gloria insulted her before they had even met and now she was hitting on their leader, insulting the leaders sister, who had been a perfect gentlewoman so far, and trying to raise herself on a massive pedestal of her own ego. sigh...

18. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

You talk big, but I somehow doubt you have the ability to back-up your claims.

This was the funniest thing he heard since the beginning of the journey and he lauged hard. Laughing apparently infuriated the woman, he replied,

"my dear, you will soon see my power in its fullest potential, until that time comes I wish to not fight anyone here."

Whatever comments that was made to him, he simply ignored.

19. Roric

Roric New Member

Take a left... the a right... then go in 5 circles
    Len quickly followed the rest of the group, trailing behind the others but close enough it would be nearly impossible for him to get lost. He carefully made sure his book was tightly secured on his back made sure he had everything else he needed for the journey. Len knew he could learn a lot from all of these adventurers in his group so he paid careful attention to all the conversations going on, hoping to find wisdom in their words.

''Here, you need this. Doll yourself up now!'' she said, smirking.

Len became worried as he heard this statement. To him, it sounded like Gloria was trying to start a fight between all the female members of their party. Len shrunk back a little from Gloria and Anna. He had seen only one cat fight in his life and it was one of the most brutal things he had ever seen. Len knew well that the dragons and demons ahead would be far worse than some silly fight. But even so, he didn't want to get caught in the crossfire of any of the group's many possible internal fights.

20. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

''I understand the magnitude of this situation greater than anyone here. Since the meeting in the tavern everyone has been childishly bickering!''

Lucas had to agree with that much. Everyone had been acting very foolish back at the tavern, but hadn't Gloria been there right along with them? Everyone was to blame. And she was right about Deathblade and Scythe, too. At least someone else thought the same as he did. They couldn't be trusted. Not until they proved their worth, at least. Luke ignored Deathblade's cunning come-back, regarding it as an arrogant thing to say.

''Here, you need this. Doll yourself up now!''

Annaleigh frowned, furiously tossing the make-up away. "I am not a doll, nor will I ever be one," she said, trying to stay calm. This 'Gloria' person was getting on her nerves, and Anna could care less about what she was talking about; it wasn't true. Luke ignored the two females' bickerings completely, sick of the constant arguing.

21. abculatter_2

abculatter_2 New Member

When Agnorth first saw the man slaughter an innocent man, he was half-way to unsheathing his warhammer. However, after the bar-tender's death, he felt a disturbance which was all too familiar. Are my senses dulling? He thought to himself. How could he have missed a demon which was right in front of him?

Agnorth follows close behind Lucas, cautiously and constantly scanning every detail of the passing wilderness.

Agnorth glances at the bickering women, but decides it best to stay out of it until they started hitting each other, or worse.

22. fantasywriter

fantasywriter New Member

After a few hours of walking, Luke finally called a halt and turned to speak to his traveling companions. "We'll make camp here for the night. I'm guessing we'll be in Dyan in only a few day's time." Lucas wasn't used to being a leader. What should he do? Would they think him too bossy if he ordered them about, or would they respect it? Things needed to be done quickly, so Luke did give out orders, trying to be as kind as possible.

"I'll go with Deathblade, Scythe, Incendia, and Len to look for firewood. The rest of you stay here and set up camp." It would be best to stay together in large groups, and Luke might as well take the the two mysterious men - Deathblade and Scythe - with him in case trouble were to stir up at camp in his absense. Atrius was trustworthy, or so he thought; the man could take care of things while he was gone. Turning to Annaleigh, he said, "Be careful, and don't get yourself into trouble."

Anna nodded, watching as her brother and the others left, and turned to those remaining at camp. "Well, don't just stand there. Let's get to work."

23. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

"Finally", Incendia thought to herself,"We've stopped for camp." They had been walking for a couple of hours now and with half of the group arguing the whole time. Plus she was ready to get some some sleep, it had been a long day.

I'll go with Deathblade, Scythe, Incendia, and Len to look for firewood. The rest of you stay here and set up camp.

"wait...hold on..." Incendia thought to herself. She didn't mind getting fire wood, or having to go with Lucas and Len... But why Deathblade and Scythe? Both of them were shady characters at best. But before she even had a chance to object it had already been decided. "I'd better stick close to Lucas and Len." Incendia thought to herself. "Because if those two really aren't on our side Lucas is going to need help." She thought as she caught up with the group, sticking close to their leader and the victim of Scythe's tricks.

24. Deathblade15

Deathblade15 New Member

Deathblade had no problem with it, after all it kept him close to Scythe, he wasn't trustworthy, neither was himself. It mattered not, he simply nodded and went along. He thought to himself,

"Luke may not be a natural leader, but so far its going good. I wonder if he'll be able to make sacrifices that will be necessary to this campaign though?"

25. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Lye sat on a log away from the group. Her hand was on Heiser's head. She was petting him and Lorel was staring at her hungry for some of the attention as well.
    Lye petted Lorel as well and Lorel's tail wagged like some animal. Lye stared some people had went off to collect firewood and yet they didn't realize the person who had lived in the woods longer then they have knows more about fire and meals was sitting here away from the crowd.
    Lye sighed.
    This was going to be terrible.