Ever wondered what your cat is thinking?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jlauren, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

That is a good point actually.
    I told my daddy and he said that is plausible.

2. Sonshine

Sonshine New Member

My Fatty likes to wake me up at night, often asking for a drink of water from the faucet. Soon as she sees me on the stairs she runs to my bathroom meowing, either for water or food. Whenever I'm busy doing something on the computer she'll jump up and get in my face or stand right in front of the screen. She's also notorious for getting my socks, which I leave on the floor sometimes, and putting them under my bed.

Just a few tidbits.

I love my Fatty. :)

3. Forgetmenot77

Forgetmenot77 Member

What should I do with this bird I just caught??

4. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Beeka thinks she should be an only cat and should be constantly worshiped. She pretends the other cats and the dog don't exist...until a human pays attention to them. Then, she will either attack the animal (she once bit the Labrador/Shepherd on the ear because mom was petting her), pee in the dogs food dish, or punish the person who offended her by peeing on something on theirs.

Czar Nicholas (Nicky) on the other hand loves everyone, even the other cats. He wants pets and plays. He is 16 now I think, blind in one eye and weighs about 5.5 pounds, but he still tries to play with the other cats and goes from person to person to be petted and adored.

Basically, I think cats just want to be worshiped and adored. God help you if you don't.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

My college roommate's cat hated me passionately.
    If I accidentally left my room door open she would pee on my bed.
    If I was in the bed, she would pee on me.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

"If you were to drop dead, all this will be mine! Let's see what happens if I trip you up...."

7. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

"i brought the head of your enemy. also the intestines. because those taste kinda gross so you can have them."

8. Carmina

OMG, my cat Rusty (this was when I was a kid) after years of trying finally broke the lid on the goldfish tank and one by one scooped up all the goldfish and lined them up side by side on my mom's bed. Then he sat there proud as can be when she came in, saw half a dozen dead fish on her side of the bed and started screaming. Rusty was very confused that his gift was not appreciated.

9. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Wow. That's amazing.

One year on Joel's birthday, he was in the shower and kept hearing this banging on the bathroom door. Finally gets out of the shower and opens the door...there's his cat, with a dead rabbit. He brought it inside, down the stairs, and waited outside the bathroom for him for like ten minutes to give it to him. Happy birthday, Joel!

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Carmina, was your cat previously owned?

[​IMG]

11. Carmina

He had been a stray...maybe he was in the witness protection program before he came to us...hiding from the mob.

12. Lydibug

Lydibug New Member

Ah, these stories make me laugh so hard ;D
    At night, I have a glass of water on my side table and often my cat "Emperor" Augustus will walk right across my chest to drink out of the cup, leaving his tail swishing in my face.
    We also have a flat roof that covers the door and a tiny bit of living room, and my bedroom window is right above it, so he will sit and catawaul until i open it to let him in, even though he has a cat flap!
    If you haven't already, watch the "Simon's Cat" videos or go to icanhazcheezburger.com!

13. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

My cat sniffed me the other day, and I could've sworn that he knew everywhere I'd been in the past week. It was creepy.

14. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

Every night, in my bed, my cat walks up to me, sits himself in the crook of my arm and...

buries his face in my armpit?

A nightly routine nonetheless. :D

15. Artifex

Artifex Member

We had this pitch black cat called DC. At times, she'd get a little crazy in the head and her eyes would go completely intense and she would tense up all her muscles. Then, with nails out, she'd run circles and cirlces around the couch (over the flat part, up the side, across the backrest, then down again and so it goes on and on and on). I'm not entirely sure about what she was thinking, but while she was doing that you generally went to go sit on the other couch. Some fights are not worth picking.

That was one of the best cats we ever had.