1. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Everybody run - we've been invaded!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by erebh, Oct 9, 2013.

Out of 129 visitors/posters, 21 are members - looks like we need to batten down the hatches, put our helmets on and hide in the cellar - hope you all have your zombie packs! (available in Walmart $99.99)

Total: 129 (members: 21, guests: 50, robots: 58)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  2. idle

idle Active Member

I don't know about zombie packs, but do you know a good weapon that works against robots? EMP, maybe? How to create it? Unless they are bio-robots, then we're probably doomed.

3. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Not sure but didn't see this problem with vBulletin...

Maybe this is a once-off hit and once they've been accepted they'll settle down and form their own colonies (in the RPG section :)) - I just hope they don't invade the erotic colony before we even get the key... @Wreybies ;)

jazzabel likes this.
  4. idle

idle Active Member

And no mods online at the moment. I started reporting the spam threads when I logged in today, but then realized there were so many of them it made no sense - this calls for a big cleaning job.

I guess I'll go get one of those zombie packs, just in case...

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi. I'm back. What the hell is going on?

6. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I was thinking the same thing about the absence of mods during 'European' waking hours. The spammers are bound to latch on. The problem is, most of us who live here are too lazy/busy/apathetic to consider taking the mod job. It might be an idea for Daniel to advertise, see if anyone applies. Because since Lemex left, I think all the mods are from the US.

7. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

@Daniel I vote @jazzabel for EuroMod!

It seems like we're being invaded by Chinese robots, jazz can erect a missile shield her side of the pond so @Wreybies and @minstrel can sleep at night in the knowledge we're all safe!

8. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Eh, I have enough stuff around the house it'd take all of 5 minutes to get ready for zombies. That's not an exaggeration either. But... forgive me, I'm still fresh here, but how do you spot the spam threads?

9. jazzabel

@erebh: Hahaha, but seriously, no way, I'm too busy :D I swear, I really am.

@Mottahko: They are usually complete nonsense, posted by 'people' who just joined, and are full of links to Chinese knock-offs of famous brands (although Louis Vuitton and Chanel bags seem to feature more often than anyone else).

Yay for being proactive about zombies, though ;)

10. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Will 5 minutes be enough? Those guys don't knock and wait for you to answer the door you know...

What? You're not? I'll send you the co-ordinates to our California mountain hide-away. We have dried food and enough ammo to keep us for at least a year. Good fishing and fresh water too and guess what... no CNN or Sky News - you'll love it!

11. jazzabel

Thanks my friend, I'll try my best to join you there. I fear they won't let me into the country, though, I was a member of Communist Party when I was in primary school :D #Tito's pioneers

12. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Gotchya. I used to be an MMA tournament fighter, and while I may not be quite on that level anymore I can probably out run and a manouver a walking zombie. Dawn of the Dead style would be worse though one on one I MIGHT make it. 5 minutes is enough to get my .22 semi auto out. Got a clip loaded in the cabinet underneath the rack. From there it'd be a cake walk presuming less than 15 zombies and they're the slow ones.

BTW. Food for thought - I have chosen railway spikes as my zombie melee weapon of choice (I currently have two). Discuss. I will post my reasoning in a bit.

13. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

Tsk tsk, do "they" still have your little kid diary? Once a pinky... :D

14. jazzabel

@Mottahko: I do loads of qigong, I'll be breaking bricks over their head with my bare hands :D

@erebh: Well, 'they' very well might. My diaries 'disappeared' circa 1987. I always suspected the CIA, because my mother swore it wasn't her going nuts in a fit of cleaning o_O

15. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

@jazzabel I wish I had the time to keep up with it. Or the money for that matter. And you can be in political parties during primary school?

16. erebh

erebh Banned Contributor

As much as I'd love nothing better than discuss the mechanics of overpowering or at least surviving the zombie apocalypse, my wife is going to kill me first if I don't turn off this computer and get to sleep as it's 3am. The sink s full of dishes and I haven't even done the ironing yet. I pray for zombies!

jazzabel likes this.
  17. jazzabel

Yeah, they like to indoctrinate when you are young ;) Although it mainly involved getting a cute uniform and collecting old newspapers for recycling once every six months.

[​IMG]

On that note, I'm off to work on my book. Night-night @erebh.

erebh likes this.
  18. Mottahko

Mottahko Active Member

Yea I should probably sleep too for that matter. Perhaps I shall start a zombie thread tomorrow.

19. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Well, fuq me, that was fun to wake up to. :(

Actually, @erebh, we did from time to time in the old platform. The filters are pretty good at blocking the spammers and the numbers you quoted regarding foot traffic are completely normal. Forums are always under attack from spam. All the time. Every day. One of my duties as a mod is to go through the 'fishies' caught in the net (Moderation Queue), make sure they really are spamfish and not hapless new members caught like unsuspecting dolphins, and ban hammer them. Every once is a while the spamfish find a way through the net. *shrug*

idle likes this.
  20. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

@jazzabel that picture reminds me of a quote from the movie Dazed and Confused:

21. jazzabel

@Wreybies: Why so serious?

@Lewdog: Haha, I forgot how funny that movie was. Blast from the past :D

22. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Wasn't meant to come off serious. :oops: I tried quoting and then got hit by the server error with the smilies and had to remove them all. :( I said spamfish... I thought that was a funny. :p

23. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

@jazzabel: Interesting salute. It looks like you're all punching yourselves in the head. BTW, I take it that's you up front and all the way to the left?

24. jazzabel

@EdFromNY: I am not sayin' nothin' but I should tell you, I'm a bottle blonde :D You are right, it's a partisan salute and a bit different from the usual karate chop to the head the military uses ;)

@Wreybies: That pesky server, just won't let people emote anymore :( :) :D Take that you heartless machine!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  25. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

What country flag is that? I can't find it anywhere! I need to know so I can book my flight. :D

Do you know the origin of the salute? It comes from very ancient times and is described very well in the movie The Last Castle (watch the whole clip):