1. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Exams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kit, May 3, 2007.

Lovely upbeat thread here lol... Who has exams coming up and what subjects are they in?

I have AS level exams coming up between 16th May and 5th June, and they're in British and Russian History, French, Spanish and ICT.

2. coral reef

coral reef Banned

LOL@EXAMS!

sorry couldnt help myself, i quit scholl way to early, never had the pleasure of sitting an exam

3. Kit

Lol... well i'd say that I have a lot more exams to come and I don't see them getting any easier. Although sometimes I'd like the break...

4. coral reef

coral reef Banned

well then good luck with them!

dont study too hard!

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have sat a few exams in high school, I found them a lot of fun actually. I never had any troubles with them at all, although my teachers were concerned over my studying methods....lol....they feel that listening to heavy metal and death metal whilst studying wasn't the best of ideas but it worked for me....
    I am not looking forward to the exams that I will undertake with the tafe course I am looking into though, they are going to be unlike any exams I have ever sat, although if I can go through a chemistry exam no worries I should do fine.
    Go in with a level head and don't stress and you should do just fine with your exams, best of luck to all that will be going through them soon. :):)

~Torana

6. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

I only sat GCSEs...

I quite Sixth Form about a month or so ago...

Are you planning to go to uni? If so, I hear that the first year is easier than AS levels. xD

Good Luck!

7. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Suckers!
    I used to have lots of exams. Hated them in high school, then I got to university, and found out that I was pretty good at them. Used them to bump up my marks a lot.

Good luck to all of you.

Suckers!

8. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I was average at exams. I was better at written exam then multiple choice. I am so glad I don't have to do them anymore.
    *note-skip questions you are unsure of because sometimes the answers just pop right in your head.

9. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

i have my SAT's next week and they are in Maths, English, Science and ICT. not really nervous as such, more annoyed that I'll be spending all of next week at a seperate desk in a huge hall. i mean how boring.
    Heather

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Yeah that does sound pretty darn boring, my high school exams I was entertained by some of the guys I was friends with acting the complete fool outside our exam area, it has one whole wall that is just doors and windows so at least we had amusement and the scenary to look at lol....was the best exam I ever sat lol and I passd it with flying colours too scarily enough.

~Torana

11. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

haha, sounds like us. although inbetween exams i'm not too sure what we are doing but we have an exam nearly every lesson!! three maths ones, two science and four English. each about an hour each! and inbetween them, revision. as if, i absolutly hate revision and never bother with it, i don't think it helps. haha.
    Heather

12. Isis

Isis New Member

AP exams in Literature, Physics (algebra based) and US History. (I think those might be like the American equivalent of A-levels, I'm not sure) The Lit. exam shouldn't be that hard - it's a lot of writing, but I like writing about writing. Physics is another story because the course covers so much stuff.

I always found that exams themselves weren't so bad, because once you get there all you can do is show what you've learned....but the studying before them is the bad part XP

Good luck everybody!

13. Kit

Yep... I want to study Modern European Studies (with french, spanish and history having equal weighting) and if I don't get on that course then any modern foreign language course that will allow me to do french, spanish and a new language from beginners :)

14. Kit

The only trouble is... when you haven't learnt alot...

I feel like I don't know anything that I should at the moment...

Good luck everyone :)

15. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Mid Year Exams, in like three weeks

My exams are

English Lit. (technically it's called 3a/3b, but w/e)
    Physical Science
    Geography
    Human Biology
    Discrete mathematics

I'm worried about maths, because no matter how 'easy' they say the course is going to be, I usually end up stuffing it up somehow.