Eximius Coventry

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Earphone, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

You'll have to find out, mate.

2. Question

Question Active Member

Wow everybody kind of posted at once. Well anonymouse I added another creature to your weather forecast.

3. DeAnnaClaudette

DeAnnaClaudette New Member

Ah crap, I totally missed this. I should have posted here to ask what the general rule was in regards to powers being used on others with powers. I was kind of hoping for a humorous, "are you serious?" type of reply. lol. I wish I would have seen this. I need to read here more often!
    I think remembering bits and pieces would make it more interesting. :D

4. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

No problem. I just rolled with it, and it looks like my guess turned out correct. :D
    I'm sure it won't be the last time they meet. It'll come back to him in due time, especially when/if he sees an ivory Aston Martin abandoned in the snow. I wonder who's car that is... ;)

5. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

:( was totally baffled by all the posts when I got home this evening. posted this morning, and I had to catch up on all the action in one post. So, I went with a bit of a summary, just to keep things sane for myself and the rest of us. Love this game!

6. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Cool beans gang, I'll get a longer post together tonight. I think I'll make a character template for trench-coat man, since he'll be playing a bigger role than a regular NPC. We won't see him all the time, but it'll be good for reference, and to avoid confusion.

Also, this is important: IndieVidFx.com is, like I said before, a place to communicate in secret with other people with powers. There are regular people who use the site as a regular video site, and upload videos of their home effects. Keep in mind that most of the videos on the site are filmed by people with powers, as a way of nonverbal communication. They have a vague description of themselves and their location on their channels. Most conversations are made in the comment section. When your characters go to the site, go hog-wild and make some crazy-creative videos, I'll count them as NPCs.

7. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I'm Lovin' this RPG! Sorry I couldn't get a post on today, the site was down for me. :(

Will post tomorrow with my day off school. Can't wait to see what you all come up with next. ;)

8. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

I too, had trouble getting onto the site for a while. It just said there was some technical problem, and I tried going around it by trying different pages, but all the links just led me back to the technical problem.

9. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Okay guys, super escape time. Currently, everyone's being tailed, and something is running around leaving warning letters for our characters. (But you won't see whatever it is.) Your goal is to survive the night. Get creative. The chase will literally die as soon as the sun starts coming up, so make 'til then. PM me if you can't make a post, so your character doesn't get caught.

10. JessWrite

Awesome, I love suspense. Poor Beatrix she's definitely "one of them" now. ;)

11. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

You know what I find interesting? The fact that the whole game started in the morning, and an hour later, it was night time. Anyone else realize this?

12. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Yeah, but I'm just rolling with it, LOL. It happens sometimes in RPGs. ;)
    In other news, Clyde never got that box of cereal he went to Speedy Trip for. Who needs breakast, eh... :(

13. JessWrite

I put my character in the afternoon to catch up on the stories speed. I guess Phoebe and Jenna could have stayed at Jenna's house for an hour? Then, the meeting with the man could have been for like a half hour. Maybe it's really just 5-6:00 pm since in the Winter it starts turning dark early. That's my reasoning. haha :)

14. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Yup, 4:00-6:00 PM, or thereabouts. It's mid-Winter, it gets dark (late) much much earlier. Sorry for the confusion.

15. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Nice posts guys! I'll have something up soon, I just wanted to make a quick note. The little book that Dirk has acquired contains names and addresses of possible Exceptionals. This would be a great time for new writers to hop in, or current and ambitious writers to make a secondary character; because Dirk is going to be searching for the people in the book.

16. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

oooh, can i have my second character? i had a perfect opening that is still in existence

17. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Whoa, my character's a mouse.

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

sorry about that. The only thing I could think of to save us. I sure didn't want to go out that door, having seen the note come in underneath it.

19. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

It's cool, mate. I think Phoebe's gonna be really pissed, though.

20. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

no doubt. but what's she gonna be more pissed about? being turned into a mouse, or the kiss? lol

21. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Lol phoebes a mouse and Joe is a cat, this should be interesting :p

22. Question

Question Active Member

Sorry I haven't post in a while, the semester just started up and I've been really busy. Im going to try and get something up tonight.

23. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

No worries Question! I was wondering where you'd gone, though.

24. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Alright, sorry for my post delay. The last four/five days have been hella busy. I'm good now, though, and will write more closely to your posts.

As a note: Dirk is not going to be seen for a while now. He'll be back though, as more writers hop in, or as the plot progresses. I'll add more substantial plot in due time, and several new characters to the mix, that have ties to Dirk.

Let's get writing!

25. JessWrite

Glad your back, Earphone! I'm excited to continue Beatrix's story, and will post soon. ;)