Eximius Coventry

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Earphone, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

Heh, think I'll join you. I'm still here and ready to post as soon as everyone catches up. Earphone, you still planning to make a post soon?

2. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Sorry about that. I've been waiting for other people to post... The characters I'm with haven't posted since I did. And my apologies for the mix up. I can no longer edit the post, so I suppose just pretend I ran into Arnold. Lilith didn't really describe the guy she ran into, so I wasn't sure who it was.

3. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Sorry mates, I've had a rough couple days. I'm unable to write 'til the evening, so you can either hold tight, or you can post before me. Again, I'm really sorry for all the delays. (If only life were more simple sometimes.)

4. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Hey, I get it. It's rough. My wife and I are currently preparing to move (March 9th is our closing) and it's hard to get on here sometimes between all the packing, day to day life, jobs, not to mention her car's transmission went, so I have to drive her to her second job after I'm done with work... Day to day life... Sometimes I wonder if our real lives would make more interesting stories than the ones we come up with in our heads. :)

5. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Haha, well said Nature. (I hope her transmission gets taken care of quickly.)

Alright, so I'm home from work, time to write some story!

6. becks_babe303

becks_babe303 New Member

Sorry about the lack of detail for Arnold Nature. I totally spaced it haha.
    Posting now though =]

7. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Just to be clear, the kidnapped girl in the car Marty's watching: is that Beatrix or Kayla's sister?

Also, the bird Ivan just saw might or might not be Jenna. I left it intentionally vague, as an invitation of sorts. ;)

8. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Hey guys! I've been having some time lately, and been loving what you all have come up with!!

Though...for some reason today I can't see the RPG thread. Are you all having the same problem?

9. AnonyMouse

I just noticed this as well.... uhhhhhmm.... :|

10. Mjolnir

Mjolnir New Member

I can't see it either... that's weird. Hopefully that gets cleared up soon. Anyway, the girl in the car is Kayla's sister.

11. JessWrite

Okay good that's it's not just me. We've been having some bad weather lately, getting the rain and wind from the Tornado in Missouri. :/

Yeah, in the story Beatrix isn't in the car, but being held captive or something I expect. Don't know exactly where though. Earphone said he had a few things up his sleeve for her. ;)

12. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

I PMed the RP mod about our little problem, hopefully he might have some idea about what's going on. Maybe it's the CIA or something... Sheesh, but I hope it gets fixed soon. I noticed it was just OUR thread that got offed.

13. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

I'm looking into it... Will let you know

**Update, of sorts**

This is wierd, the thread is completely missing even at the Mod level (at least mine) I can't see that its been hidden, moved or merged. I'll have to ask the other mods and see if they can help. Standby...

14. Question

Question Active Member

I'm perplexed, what happened to the thread, did it get deleted or something?

15. losthawken

I'm not certain. Usually when a thread gets deleted there is a message left behind that only Mods can see saying that it was deleted, by whom and why. But I see no such notes. I'm still waiting to hear from the other Mods.

16. losthawken

Not looking good guys. Still have no idea what happened and the other Mods so far report no knowledge of what happened and can see no sign of it. Keep your fingers crossed that Daniel can resurrect it...

17. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

What the fuck could've happened?! Why just my thread?

18. JessWrite

Thanks for letting us know more and helping Hawken.

I did a google search and this is the page I get when I type in Eximius Coventry...https://www.writingforums.org/showthread.php?t=48745 (Sorry if I can't share links, but thought that might be helpful.)

If isn't able to be resurrected, maybe Earphone can possibly make a new thread and start where it left off.

19. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

No. It would be too confusing for anyone coming into the RP (and for us), as there wouldn't be any way to read what had happened previously to catch up. (And it would take too long to tell them.) If the thread is indeed gone for good, fine, but I still have the template. We can start over with a 2.0, and maybe have a bit more organization. Same story, same enemies/allies, but I'd require all new characters.

It's up to you guys, let me know by PM if you want to keep going with this, otherwise I probably won't try.

Also, I'm sorry for the previous outburst, it was unprofessional of me.

20. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

(double post)

21. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

I love the game Earphone. I say wait a week to see what Daniel can do. If he can't do anything, then we should decide on a plan of action. Maybe a 2.0 wouldn't be a bad idea then.

22. JessWrite

If a 2.0 was made I would join it again. It was such a fun concept. It probably would be easy for everyone to get back into the new story, in that they know how it worked before.

I hope that it was just a glitch and can be fixed though. Hoping and praying for the best.

23. AnonyMouse

I'm in either way, but I have to admit I'd rather find a way to continue the current version, even if that means writing a "story thus far" plot summary. I've done it in the past for other games, to get players up to speed again when/if the game flatlined or a while. Doing it completely from memory might be a little sketchy, but I could probably write a decent synopsis, if needed. Let me know if you're interested, Earphone.

24. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

I wouldn't mind restarting but I think I agree with AnonyMouse with the "story thus far" idea. I quite like my character and don't really want a new one.

25. JessWrite

I agree with all of you. If it's possible, it would be fun to do the same story. Beatrix was a fun character to play, and I missed it when I was gone for a few weeks.

From my memory, there were really two main story lines with other characters. One was with Dirk and Arnold (and Trace) running into Lilith and Kayla on their way to the grey suits, to fight to get back Kayla's kidnapped sister. The other was with Phoebe and Clyde still in the abandoned shack with things turning awkward. Smaller story lines...Jenna had flown off. Ivan had escaped from the grey suits. Bruce had just had a dream. Marty was plotting homicide to the grey suits that had Kayla's sister. Joe was busy looking at the exceptionals website. And, my character Beatrix had just gone through a devastating fire, Arnold tried to save her, but she was somehow captured I think.

Hope I didn't forget anyone. :)