Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lemex, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

The voice acting of the protagonist is lackluster, I'm afraid. :/ There were several key moments in the main storyline where it sounded like he/she was supposed to be angry/distraught at the turn of events but instead they just sounded kind of disappointed and sad, like they just found out their cake melted in the oven instead. And the facial animation? Ugh...

2. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

Um, impossible. I thought the game was a perfect 10!

3. 123456789

Guys, I am usually right about these things. You've got to understand I'm a little more connected to the cosmos than most.

4. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

I'd give it a 7 or so personally. I mean its pretty much what I expected and I got no complaints about it, its just a better version of Fallout 3. From a personal standpoint I've found Osbidian makes a better Fallout game in general ala New Vegas cause they have closer ties creators of Fallout 1 and 2.

But yeah.

Its a Bethesda game, I got what I came for.

Anyway

Now that Fallout 4 has come out we have bigger things to focus on.....like......LIKE

System Shock remake confirmed and maybe even System Shock 3!?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3004844/software-games/a-full-blown-system-shock-remake-is-in-the-worksand-maybe-even-system-shock-3.html

Now that's something to get really excited about, most of all if you're a fan of shock (Bioshock-System Shock) games like me.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  5. 123456789

Well said.

6. Jones

Jones My body is ready

Yeah, so far I'm not regretting my decision to hold off until the developers/community clean this one up a bit.

I wonder if my system can run Witcher 3 . . .

7. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Despite it's shortcomings, being the light hearted walking and building simulator that it is, fallout 4 like the other Bethesda games have a strong pull, no matter your disappointments it makes you want to sinks more hours into it. It's its sandbox nature I guess, I sank many hours into other sandbox games like medieval war 2, crusader kings, mount and blade, and out of all of them, I can heartily admit that Bethesda games are most fulfilling, Fallout 4 was the first Bethesda games I played without mods, and I guess they are always released broken in another.
    Best advice I can give after playing it is too wait as long as you can before buying it so you can get the game of the year edition for a cheaper price and play it with the best mods, that's out to kick the score to 8 at least and provide for many entertaining hours.

I just hate it that they rely on modelers to fix their high budgeted games. Broken as in not challenging and an unimpressive combat on all difficulties, with bad healing, bullet sponge enemies, and poorly thought leveling design being the main problems.

8. NeighborVoid

NeighborVoid Active Member

My biggest disappointment with Fallout 4 was with its simplified dialog options. All we're left with is vague choices between "Yes", "Yes (sarcastic)", "No" and "Question". As a sandbox fps, it's decent, but it does not deliver the post-apocalyptic RPG experience we would normally expect from a Fallout game. The world of FO4 is interesting, but our interaction with it is more-or-less limited to the linear plot.

On the bright side, Fallout 4's release enabled the previous games to be bought at a discounted price. While everyone else was playing FO4, I got FO2 for less than 3 dollars. The transition to a pixelated isometric point-and-click was somewhat jarring at first, but I quickly became familiar with the controls within half an hour of playing. The graphics have aged somewhat poorly, but the sheer amount of interactive content in the game makes up for the lack of pretty visuals.

9. js58

js58 Member

This has been my biggest disappointment too. In the previous games I would always try to talk myself out of trouble. It was really satisfying and it helped you to identify with your character. The story in FO4 is pretty weak so far, but I've only just arrived in Diamond City so maybe it picks up later on.

Aside from that I'm really enjoying it.

Kudos on grabbing the earlier games. I've never completed any of them. They're absolutely huge!

10. Erez Kristal

Erez Kristal Member

Voiced protagonist would make it harder creating an interactive story mod.
    Despite that, I find myself intrigued by the prospect of creating an interactive story side story that could develop into more. It is probably possible to recycle many of the game voices and locations when creating such mod and just add a deeper story.

Creating a successful story mod could prove to be a great advertising opportunity for aspiring writers.
    I wonder if anyone here is interested in participating in such a tasking endeavor.

I tried creating an interactive story for Mass Effect story, two years ago,(http://ekpowder.wix.com/masseffectreimagined) But stopped because most people who showed interest had hard time fulfilling their end. Bethesda games on the other hand, have a growing modding scene which only get's better with each game.