?

Would Sherlock be willing to care for Dr. Watson if he were ill?

1. Yes

2. No, absolutely not

3. He'd make Mrs. Hudson get involved

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sarah Lynn

Sarah Lynn New Member

Fanfiction Story Help

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Sarah Lynn, Jun 8, 2023.

I am looking for someone who is familiar with Sherlock Holmes that would be willing to help me plot and write a story. I like ACD original characters and want to keep Sherlock and Dr. Watson true to form. I can offer up a sample of a short story I wrote, if interested. Preferably, I am looking for someone with plenty of time, lots of knowledge on the characters, and who will not go hard on my writing flaws. Not a professional, by any means!!

evild4ve likes this.
  2. w. bogart

w. bogart Contributor Contributor Blogerator

Off the top of my head based on your poll, I would say have Holmes try to juggle a case while taking care of Watson, and the complications of not having him along. But the problem there is Watson is the traditional POV character for a Holmes story.

Lili.A.Pemberton likes this.
  3. Orb of Soda

Orb of Soda Member

Just thinking about it, Holmes is kinda self-absorbed. Not in the sense of not caring about Watson, but in the sense he's a screwdriver -- meant to do very specific work and not terribly interested in anything outside of it. I can't see him as a caretaker for Watson, unless he's briefly examining him to detect what the problem is and who/what might have caused it.