1. Space Doppelganger

Space Doppelganger New Member

Lets make a comic together!

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Space Doppelganger, Jan 9, 2016.

First, sorry if my english is bad, english is my second language, feel free to correct me if you see me make mistakes.

Basically I would like to create a comic based on all of your ideas put together.

I'm doing this to get some motivation and ideas for my main comic, so this is going to be a side project

You people get to decide what kind of story do you want, what kind of characters should be the leads, the situations, everything!

I'm willing to spend my time working on this if you people are willing to get creative with me and if you are willing to comeback and keep adding ideas!

These are examples of my art, I'm not that good but I will try my best to make the comic work!

I hope someone gets interested in doing this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8.jpg 9.jpg

2. Space Doppelganger

so nobody is interested?

3. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

Hi @Space Doppelganger. I'm sure if you give it some time you'll find some collaborators for your project.
    I like your artwork, you obviously have talent.
    Good luck and welcome to WF.;)

4. Raven484

Raven484 Contributor Contributor

Are you asking for a story and you do all the drawing? What genres do you like?

5. Space Doppelganger

yeah something like that.

I like a little bit of everything, horror, fantasy, sci-fi, specially slice of life.

But I'm willing to do anything with human main characters, meaning no furry stuff.

but besides that I'm really open to ideas, I can post sketches for what the main character might look like, or maybe people can post sketch ideas, their OC's, whatever they want!

6. sprirj

sprirj Senior Member

Hi space, I really like your art, I would be interested in helping you. But I'd like to know more about your background and who you are. How long have you been an illustrator? Maybe pm me if you like.

7. Space Doppelganger

thanks, and its ok I can post it here so anyone else interested con know too.

I'm 26 years old, I live in Costa Rica, I have been drawing since I was like 17.

Like most people I was interested a lot in manga and anime, so I started with a more manga like apparoach

these are like really old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At that point I was all about trying to copy other peoples styles since I didn't knew how to invent one of my own.

Then I got a little bit better at it and started doing terrible comics with my original characters ( my english was beyond terrible so I don't feel like posting any of those now... )

( not as old )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So nowadays I have a ton of different influences, I try to practice as many different techniques and approach art in different ways.

I try to challenge myself as often as I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yes, I hope that when people look at my artwork get some idea of the kind of stuff that I like and maybe the kind of stories that we can tell together! :D

8. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Costa Rica! Nice! Have you seen the dinosaur islands? :superlaugh:

From what I see I like your art, but to me your best work is the gothic cartoony stuff. So if I were to suggest something it would be using a character similar to that one. Since you live down in the rain forest, how about writing a comic about a gothic girl that goes on vacation with her parents to a place similar to Costa Rica, and while out and about, the girl gets lost in the rain forest. Then you can write about her experiences and how she survives the ordeal until she either reaches civilization, or she is rescued. You could even add a dimension of her having a gothic doll with her, that she talks to like it is a real person...and you could add some flashbacks and stuff to her life at home, and maybe even some experiences she had in life that at the time she thought were foolish but now useful in the situation she is in.

:superagree:

9. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Basing an opinion off your works, you seem to enjoy the 'Gothic' theme. Not really sure what kind of story ideas would be fitting of this type of style. Maybe one of these might be an option. A Steampunk Dystopian or Cyber-Goth Dystopian story line would fit the dark style and nature.

10. Space Doppelganger

I haven't been there but I know that they still have like one piece of the fence somewhere over there.

Also we don't have an army like they said in some movie or maybe the books lol

I know is kind of cheating, but I would like to get away from that rain forest artwork, is all you see over here, its kind of played out at this point.

Hey any idea could work, maybe if we get enough people we should start making polls on what the history should be about, what should the characters look like, what should we do next with the story, etc

11. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    What qualities do you want in the characters?

12. Space Doppelganger

I guess that whatever fits the story that we want to tell.

I was thinking that maybe we should do something like a mystery story in which we all create a complex and strange crime scene and we figure out what happened, who is the killer, how do we make some good drama, etc

Or maybe something more like a fantasy adventure comic, with one or more characters exploring a dungeon and we give the character challenges to overcome.

What kind of story would you do if you were able to tell any story that you wanted?

13. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

your art style is so intriguing, i love it! would you like to PM me? I have a story idea that i've been working on for a long time that i'd love to see done as a comic. it's about a girl in her 20s whose mother has died, and tries to contact a spirit so she can talk to her again. she does the wrong spell and summons an incubus (a sex demon), who really hates his job but has to do it anyway. he's nervous around her at first because he thinks she just wants him for sex, but she doesn't even want a relationship, so they become friends and eventually fall in love. more stuff happens after that, so if you PM me i'll tell you more :) supernatural crime sounds fun!

14. Space Doppelganger

thanks a lot for the comment, and I can go either way.

Maybe if this doesn't work we can talk more about your comic and if you are willing to work with me and I really mean work with me it can be done.

In the meantime, if you had to write a supernatural crime for this thread, what would it be about? how would the characters be like?

15. Mordred85

Mordred85 Active Member

Are you opposed to nudity and adult-like material? Murder, Rape , etc.

16. Space Doppelganger

as long as those elements serve some purpose to the story, I don't mind.

I mean rape can be a touchy subject but I know that its something that should not be ignored either

17. Space Doppelganger

thanks a lot, lets see what happens now :D

18. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

I'm not sure, I've never written a crime story. I had an idea a long time ago about a man who had committed suicide haunting his old apartment building, generally helping people out and scaring abusive douchebags. He was having a fine but boring unlife until some ghosthunters show up to their friend's apartment, certain that they can catch the ghost they've been hearing about. They manage to capture the ghost, and maybe they all work together to solve an old, unexplained murder that happened many years ago, by contacting ghosts who lived in the apartment complex around that time.

19. NeighborVoid

NeighborVoid Active Member

Another concept artist here.
    I was thinking something along the lines of military sci-fi with supernatural elements thrown into the mix.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  20. Space Doppelganger

maybe that could work, who knows!

what do you have in mind about characters or situations?

21. Space Doppelganger

that sounds fine but I think that I read a comic that had a similar plor involving people wanting to capture a ghost for their own purposes, we need to change that part

22. ToeKneeBlack

ToeKneeBlack Banned

I wanted to create a comic series, but I can't draw. If you're interested, I have 1 story completed, and a follow up almost two thirds completed.

The main character is June, a 12-year-old girl who can create portals. She teams up with an autistic child prodigy of the same age, who goes by the name of Boris. The children meet while investigating the disappearances of their parents / guardians, which happened about seven years prior to the events in the story. They discover they have a common enemy, who hijacks a prototype of a walking tank.

I know you don't want to do furry stuff, but there is a team of characters in the second installment who can become half human, half insect creatures. I don't know if that counts as furry, but I doubt it. I'll let you decide.

23. NeighborVoid

NeighborVoid Active Member

I have a couple of ideas.

1. Someone in a fantasy universe creates a portal to summon an ancient evil deity to help them take over the world. Instead, an army of soldiers in power armor starts pouring through the gate. The other end of the portal has opened in a hard sci-fi universe. Deeming the portal as a threat, the government in the sci-fi universe forms an inter-dimensional military to neutralize everything on the other side.

2. A large ship crashes on an alien planet, and the crew sets up a base around the ship. The planet is host to humanoid lifeforms with medieval/magic technology. A group of soldiers with powered exo-skeletons is sent to clear out any hostiles and secure the land. They have to find resources and build an infrastructure to repair their ship. A crewmember attempts to sabotage their operations, fearing that returning to earth would cause a massive influx of settlers.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  24. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

I'm willing to try anything out :)

25. Montego Bay

Montego Bay Banned

maybe it's just because i have a special needs sister, but i really take umbrage to the autistic child prodigy trope. it's so cliche, and people never use it to its full potential.