1. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

Fast way to hinder someone immobile

Discussion in 'Research' started by indy5live, Jun 3, 2012.

"Shane's speaking to her, she can hear him but she is unable to do anything else but watch and listen."

Currently I have Shane injecting the girl with snake venom but that was just a place holder until I can come up with something more believable. I need something that paralyzes a person and possibly prevents them from screaming for help but doesn't hinder them from seeing or hearing. They are left to see themselves died and can't do anything about it. I have another scene where someone is tied up and gagged, so I don't want to repeat myself in this murder but his MO is leaving his victims consciously aware of their pending doom (with no ability to escape).

2. Anonym

Anonym New Member

I'm not sure what they're called exactly, but I know there are paralytics that do just that. I watched a documentary a while ago about peoples' horror stories of being effectively awake during invasive or/& cosmetic surgery, feeling every incision, etc., due to being incapacitated but not given general anesthesia, or whatever it is. That, and I think some kind of paralytic is used in lethal injections. Not sure.

Again, not sure what they're called, but I imagine some precursory research would yield some fruitful results. However, I think the point at which a person becomes paralyzed might be the point at which they would need some kind of respiratory assistance, ventilator, etc.

Also, I found this on yahoo answers.

I hope this helps.

3. Nick Self

Nick Self New Member

check this website out. its a medical page on spinal cord injuries. i read alot of personal accounts of war. i read in one where you can cut someones spinal cord in such a way to paralys them.

http://www.apparelyzed.com/paralysis.html

hope this helps

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

FYI, I think you mean render someone immobile.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i held back on mentioning that, but am glad someone did... and of course it was you, cog! ;-)

hugs, m

6. Fivvle

Fivvle Member

In Dexter, the main character (named Dexter- imagine that!) uses a powerful sedative to knock the person out, then binds them to a table. To keep their screams from being heard, he will either put duct tape over their mouths or a big ol' cotton ball in there. Then he proceeds to stab and dismember them.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the whole 'gagging' thing i find ridiculous... put your hand over your own mouth and see how loudly you can still scream!

8. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

There are a number of drugs that can do what you want, but they all come with serious problems about dose control. Curarae venom, tetrodotoxin and succinylcholine can all render someone paralysed, but they can also paralyse the heart - i.e. kill you, and the difference between a paralytic dose and a deadly one may be milligrams. Your guy will have to be very experienced with them to use them successfully.

Spinal injuries, not cutting the cord but just damaging it with a blow perhaps, could do the same, but the severity of the injury and the height of the injury up the spinal column are critical. Sever the cord and the person will lose feeling in part or all of his body. And if the injury is too high, say the neck or upper thoracic vertebrae, then the lungs will be paralysed and they'll die. Again the assailant needs to have some knowledge of what he's doing.

But a taser can render somone inert for a period of time while still conscious, so frequent zappings may be a thought, along with a proper gag so they can't cry out.

Alternatively the drug of choice for most rapists is ruffies, and the victims do remember some of what happened to them, if not clearly. It isn't a paralytic, but it does render people essentially blotto, like alcohol only more so.

Cheers, Greg.