1. scribbledhopes

scribbledhopes New Member

How to fit it in.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by scribbledhopes, Oct 28, 2011.

Hello all,
    I was curious if anyone else who might have a primary job and working on a novel fits it in. I was so frustrated, by the time I came hope my job had drained the energy and creativity right out of me. I would get up at 7 Am, get ready for work and head off all bright eyed and bushy tailed. I was drag myself home around 5 PM and prepare supper, then cleanup and start the housework. If I was lucky I could get to my keyboard for 8:00 PM and write to 9:30 PM.

Rinse and repeat.

Then I had an idea, I now hit the hay at 8:00 PM the night before, wake up at 4:30 AM and at the keyboard by 5:00. I write till 7:00 and then off to work. I am the most creative when I first wake up and I believe write at my highest caliber.

I actually put it in my calendar so it will remind me that this is my writing time, not work time. So I am not tempted to dip into work emails and give even more time to the office.

It has worked out well for me. Curious if others have found other ways around it. I am fairly happy with the results. Starting to get things accomplished on my second draft.
    I wish I had thought of it earlier. Dave..