Favorite Place to Visit?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Jan 17, 2008.

1. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

For relaxation, I love Lloret de Mar in Spain. It's a small tourist town, and it's pretty much all shops and beaches, but it's so beautiful and the people are very friendly. I have been there three times, and all times have been a lot of fun.

I have lived in New York for a year, which I thought was okay, but I realized I wasn't a big city girl (and after something bad that happened, I was allowed to finish my course somewhere else), and I was moved to New Mexico. I loved it there! It was sad I could only live there for four months. When I have some more money, I really want to go back there, but going to the states is expensive and I really hate flying...

My biggest dream is to take a road trip through Europe. I'm currently saving up money to do so, and I also want to see Asia... not enough money, too much world.

2. Melanie

Melanie New Member

Hmm... So many places I want to visit... Let's see if I can narrow it down to a top five!

1) Most definitely Paris. We all have that one place we want to see before we die... Well, Paris is mine. I've always wanted to shop on Rue Cler, visit the Louvre and other amazing museums, tour wineries, and admire all of the amazing architecture. Maybe even find that bar from Funny Face! :D

2) Kyoto, Japan during the cherry blossom festival. So much culture and beauty, need I say more?

3) Australia. I'd love to go out herping and see all the reptiles in the wild that people here pay $$$ for over here!

4) European tour. There are so many places I'd love to go in Europe besides Paris, too many to name!

5) Yellowstone National Park. There's so much beauty and wonder to be seen!

3. m5roberts

m5roberts Member

Barcelona. I would be content if all I got to do is go to Park Güell and sit on Gaudi's damn benches. They are beautiful.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

can't say it's a favorite, but my next intriguing place to visit will probably be Bogota, Colombia, where i'll be residing for a year, while rewriting several screenplays for a longtime-mentee-turned-client... i'm looking forward to haunting the museums and university libraries in my spare time... might even manage to learn enough more spanish to be able to converse a bit...