1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Favourite Memories

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Oct 28, 2007.

What is the best memory of your life?
    Whether it is a childhood memory or a memory from later on.

My favourite memory was when I was a little girl. There was a doll I saw when I was 5 and I fell in love with it. You tilt the head back and the headband would light up. I told my parents about it and they never got it for me. Then 6 months later, after getting over a childhood illness my father came walking in to me and handed the doll to me all wrapped up in really pretty pink wrapping.
    He spent four hours with me that day. Took me to the park and it was the happiest day ever for me. I'll never forget that day at all.

2. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Graduating..

oh wait, that hasn't happened yet.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Lying in bed with my wonderful girlfriend in my arms, last weekend :)

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Passing my GCSEs with no work or any effort put in.
    And watching a guy I don't like who worked his ass off for them get less than half the marks I got.
    :D Revenge is sweet. :D

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

My fav memories..... going to MT Barker with my brother and my dad to visit my nan. Sh elived on a farm, I suppose not a big farm but they had cows! :p and it was my job to go down and feed the scraps to the chooks and collect the fresh eggs. I loved it. I miss it too. I also remember having to crawl under the table to get out of teh dining/kitchen because the room was tiny and I couldn't simply get out off my chair and walk around.

Also the few christmas's spent at my other grandmas place. And there's the memory of goign to visit my sister in Perth and feeling sad so I got to hold my nephew that had cerable palsy and feelign better instantly.

There are others. I will probably remember them but it hurts my head to remember them all!

6. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

What is the best memory of your life?

my best memory is going to Marske with my great Grandparents. they have a Caravan not far away from Ripon, in this little village thing on a farm and we would go out all the time. we would go to Markse and i wuld play on the park with a HUGE slide and the swings would swing so high i felt as though i was flying. then we would walk the steps and up into the town where the market is normally on and there's cakes and bread, all homemade, and jams and fresh meat and everything else. then we walked up to see the glass being blown and past the old brewery. the place is really amazing. i loved staying with them although i aint stayed in years. i keep trying to write about going back there one day when i am older, or another charector, but i just can't seem to caputure how much it means. lol.

7. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Almost every time I went out hunting with my family when I was younger. It was always in the fall, with just a bit of a chill in the air in the morning, slowly warming up as the sun rose. Red and yellow leaves would cover the ground, and some would still be hanging onto the trees. The pine trees usually shaded the bush making all kinds of shadows, while beams of light shone through parts of it lighting up a few feet of the ground.
    Small animals would rustle in the undergrowth. You could smell the animals, the earth, and the plants all jumbled together into something you would never find in a town or city. Then if we were lucky we'd see a partridge, and there'd be the excitement of trying to shoot it before it ran or flew away. The smell of gun smoke and the crack of the rifle were exciting. Seeing the bird fall and knowing it was a clean shot was the ultimate satisfaction for a young child.
    Then when we stopped for lunch or for the day and would cook up the birds with bacon, and some vegetables, it always tasted better knowing that we had done it ourselves.
    Those were good times.

8. Montag

Montag New Member

Me and the girl who lived next door, we were about 7, and we were just sitting on the lawn in the shade, talking and playing with a ladybug. We'd put our hands side by side and let the bug crawl across. We did that for about an hour, just giggling at the bug. We'd sort of put our hand under each others and touching more and more, seemingly not on purpose, until we were just sitting there holding hands, and the bug got away.

It was really cute. I was just about to lean over and kiss her but her mum called out and she went inside.

Never did get that kiss...

9. Raven

Raven Banned

The day I came home from my last tour. Because it was also the day I saw my wife and kids again.

10. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

The smell of new school stuff. Loved it. I still smill and breath in whenever I open up a packet of new pencils or some such thing.

And there's also being young, ten or something and staying up all night with my brother playing Mortal Kombat and matchbox race cars on Nintendo.

11. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Romance

At any time it has ever happened to me

12. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I haven't reached the epitome of a favorite memory as of yet.

i have good memories, but nothing great. Or maybe my memory is so bad I've easily forgotten most of them. Hah.

13. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    When I was 13 and got my first drum set. It was a starter 5 piece kit with horrible sounding cymbals, they might as well have been trashcan lids. But none the less I played the hell out em, literally and metaphorically. Had no damn clue what the hell I was doing, but I had a blast doing it. Ah the days of uncoordinated me, couldn't even keep time. :p Now older and wiser (and much more practiced) I play a 5.5 Pearl Export kit, with better cymbals. :p Young me was a dumb ass with ambition in the flailing of limbs, and busting of knuckles. :D