1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Favourite season and why?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Oct 30, 2008.

I have this conversation with so many people in various places on the net and off the net. It is always fun and interesting to see what people have to say actually.

So...

What is your favourite season?

Why?

Least favourite season?

Why?

MY favourite season is winter! Why? Because there seriously is nothing better than curling up on the couch, or on a bean bag, or even infront of the fire, or in bed with a good book or watching a movie, cuddling up with my kids to read books, play dinky cars, dolls, cubby houses, watching movies. Having a fire going really adds to the effect if you ask me, but a few extra layers or using a big blanket never harmed anyone, you don't have to have a fire going to warm up, you can have a hot drink or meal. Or waking up in the morning half asleep and the chill in the air wakes you up quickly as you open the window/walk outside, and breathe in that crisp air! Driving in the rain. Heavenly and so relaxing. Stormy weather, so relaxing. Rain pours down, hits the tin, runs down the window, so peaceful. Walking in the rain, washing all your worries away for the time being, puddle jumping, puddle hunting in the car and making big waves and my kids reactions (Only in places where we don't get people wet and it is not going to cause problems for other drivers either), watching mother nature trying to cleanse her pores from mankinds heinous ways!

Least favourite, is definitely summer. Why? Because in summer it gets hot, you sweat, and I hate sweat. It is foul! Not just that though, everyone wants to go fishing, they hack up the beaches, almost run other people down and children as they charge up the beaches, they leave all their rubbish behind littering our beaches down south, sunburn... myself and my children burn so easily, even with sun protection. It's a nightmare! Migraines! I can't handle the heat. I constantly suffer with headaches, I don't swim, more people are on the road, people always waste water, over watering their plants, using air conditioners non stop because they don't know how to keep their homes cool any other way or are just simply too damn slack! Is it so hard to wet your hair or suck on an ice cube? ugh! Though... it is more enjoyable to have a BBQ in summer...

It is always easier to warm up than cool down!!!

2. Jade

Jade Active Member

What is your favourite season? Autumn.

Why? Not to warm, not to cold. Leaves fall, and I like the sound of my boots crunching through them. You still get those perfect cloudless days but without the heat. I also like walking in the rain.

Least favourite season? Summer.

Why? It's always too warm and bright, so I usually get too warm and have headaches, wasps fly around and attack your icecreams, men with beer bellies and hairychests walk around without shirts, everyone except me gets a tan, at night it's horrible and sweaty so I have to constantly turn my pillow over and I can't sleep.

Wow, I sound like a right Scrooge of summer :p

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Firstly, I forgot about that night and sleep part lol!

And I think I sound like a right Scrooge of summer as well :p We can start a rebellion to get rid of it together! hahahahahaha!

4. Little Miss Edi

Little Miss Edi New Member

Favourite= Autumn
    Because there's nothing like those frosty, chilly days when there's a massive blue sky and the air is really clean and fresh. Plus all the colours are lovely.

Least= Sping
    Because it rains enough here without a whole season being dedicated to it.

5. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

What is your favourite season? Summer

Why? It's bright and warm, the sky is usually always clear, nature is alive and all the cool foliage has come out and the flowers have bloomed. Everything is open, so there's heaps to do- beach and icecream ftw! My hayfever is, surprisingly, less frequent, the sunshine also does something awes. for my skin, making it alot less anaemic looking, :-D Also, summer fashion is always nice, with all the purdy-summarr dresses coming out. The water and electricity bills are at their lowest = more spending doe for me. Oh and all the faux emos and goth kids flee from public places to hide in their dark corners, hah.

Least favourite season? Winter

Why?It's constantly cold and overcast, because I live in Perth, there's nothing to do, most forms of cheap entertainment are closed for the season. My hayfever is also exceptionally bad and the cold air dries my already dry skin out, causing it to become coarse and red, heating the house is expensive so I have to make do with wearing double layers of clothing which is annoying because it means more washing and the water bill rises. Nature curls up into a ball and dies, which is depressing. Oh and all the faux emo and goth kids who just 'love' the 'dark beauty' of winter come out and float around in all the public places.

6. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

Favorite--summer, because it's warm (I can't stand the cold--it saps all my energy and everything just feels "dirty" when it's cold, I can't explain it) and because it's green (I love when the trees are green and the wind blows through them). We can also go places in summer.

Least favorite--winter, because it's so cold and the trees are bare. Plus, with all the snow on the roads, we can't really go anywhere that much.

Though winter does give me a valid excuse, aside from my shyness and lack of friends, to be stuck in the house alone all the time. :(

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

What is your favourite season?
    Winter

Why?
    Because my make-up always looks better in winter, I can put thick eyeliner on and go more "gothy" without having to worry about getting hot and it running. Also, I love the frezzing cold that sort of tingles ... it is fantastic. Oh, and snow.

Least favourite season?
    Spring

Why?
    Because it is always rainy and windy and crappy and just bleh.

8. lessa

lessa New Member

favourite season
    autumn. I love the smell. clean and fresh the leaves changing colour from green to reds and oranges.
    It is cool and no insects that come to dine on you.
    People start wearing the autumn colours and smile more since the heat of summer is gone and the bitter cold of winter hasn't arrived.

least favourite.
    summer. too hot too humid. too many biting insects.
    too hot to do anything but sit around and complain about the heat.
    in winter you can always put more on to stay warm but
    in summer only so much can come off to make you comfortable and
    each year that gets less and less if you want to stay decent looking.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I like three of the four seasons pretty much equally, each for its own reasons. The loser is winter.

Yeah, snow and ice can be stunningly beautiful, but I live in New England. Heating my house is expensive, there are always corners that never feel warm, the snow always turns soot-grey within a week and stays that way, parking lots need shovelling, windhields need scraping, and driving is more treacherous than any other time of year.

10. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Fall and spring. During those times it's very nice and it's neither too hot nor too cold for me.

11. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Late spring and All of summer

Hot, hot, hot - cicardas buzzing in the background. BBQs cooking, family, friends, chirstmas, Alcohol (the only time worth drinking with family and friends). big time sport, women wear less clothes (not that i really notice). Sweating at midnight, thunderstorms, BIG thunderstorms and lots of rain after them.

Great times!

Late spring right now too - woot to me.

12. flashgordon

flashgordon New Member

I love all the seasons. When I am in summer, I'm having a blast rock climbing and trail running - of course I dream about when the ski season will start again. In winter, it is just the opposite. I think the worst would be just one season... I like change.

13. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

My favorite has to be fall or autumn because I like the way things become silent and change.
    Autumn for me symbolizes change.

But in all reality all the seasons are needed and are all beautiful.
    Spring is life being reborn, Summer is life surviving and growing, Autumn is change, and Winter is freezing this change until spring.

14. Lolita

Lolita New Member

What is your favourite season? Summer

Why? Well, my birthday is during the summer and usually I take the summer off for school (but I'll probably be going to school this upcoming summer). I also like the warm weather, although, it can get way too hot sometimes. I love wearing shorts and tank tops and stuff. I also love swimming.

Least favourite season? Winter

Why? Other than Christmas, Winter sucks. I hate the snow and driving in it. I hate how cold it is. I hate all the layers you have to wear. It's just icky.

15. cjharley

cjharley New Member

Favorite Season: Summer
    Why: It's hot and I love the heat. My birthday is in the summer. Fourth of July Fireworks. Good wine in the backyard while the BBQ is going. Pool parties. Driving around in the convertible with the top down.

Least Favorite Season: Winter
    Why: It's too darn cold! The days are shorter. It's cold.

16. Thagryn-Sylrand

Thagryn-Sylrand New Member

Favorite season: Strangely its winter even though i live in canada where it can go below -40 celsius. Something about the good nature of people comes out in winter: If a car get's stuck in the snow whoever is there goes and pushes it out. Dunno, and my birthday is on christmas so yeah.

Least favorite season: Spring. Because it's all dusty and sludgy with all the melted snow.

17. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Favourite: Summer

There are a few reasons for this. One is that it's the time of the year just after exams when I can chill for a bit, another is that it's supposedly got the best weather (living in the north of England, I can hardly tell at times). The main one is the start of the football season though - the mindless optimism, the excitement about new signings, the hope and the expectation. It's great in summer, but it inevitably falls flat by the first week in November

Least: Spring

Exams, the mindless optimism of football being gone, dreary weather and running out of my year's allotment of money are general downers here. Then again, on a good year it can be immense - promotion is brilliant (when it happens once every blue moon). Even my birthday isn't a saving grace.

18. Ennui

Ennui New Member

It can be any season,and it is an irrevocable alteration,
    While the life is likewise an alteration
    Throughout the seasons and life.
    When your life travels,your seasons travels.