1. BrandyTimmons

BrandyTimmons Member

Disappointed

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by BrandyTimmons, Nov 18, 2015.

I submitted a blog post I wrote for evaluation by Winghill Writing School and it came back perfect. The evaluator said I have a lot of talent and the sample was moving and well written. So why am I disappointed? I was hoping for some constructive criticism so I could improve. I wanted this school to challenge me. Oh well, I shall be looking at other schools.

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Maybe you're naturally just a very good writer. :D But you could always post an excerpt in the Workshop and see what folks here have to say about the piece.

3. BrandyTimmons

BrandyTimmons Member

I plan to as soon as I meet the requirements. The pieces posted in the workshop all seem to have excellent criticism in the responses.

4. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

I, for one, try to be thorough with my critique. :agreed:

If I don't catch your submission whenever you get around to posting it, feel free to message me about it.

BrandyTimmons likes this.
  5. AlcoholicWolf

AlcoholicWolf Senior Member

Did you ask for some constructive criticism? That would have been my first reaction - "how can I improve?"

6. BrandyTimmons

BrandyTimmons Member

Yep. When I submitted the article, I asked them if they could let me know where I needed improvement and which classes they thought I would benefit from.

7. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I'd imagine that a business like this would always recommend classes for anyone who submitted a piece just because it means more money for them. So it's a bit odd that they didn't even recommend any classes. Maybe your writing really is that good. Do you have a lot of writing experience?

8. BrandyTimmons

BrandyTimmons Member

Far from it. I've always enjoyed writing and kept a blog, but I've only recently started to pursue my writing. Within the last month. I definitely have room for improvement.

9. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

You're an awful writer with no talent. Go back to first grade. Does that help? :)
    But really, you should take positive reviews when you can get them. Most people are very, very critical. You probably do have skill, and they recognize it.