feedback on premise for a story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Pepsik, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Fizpok

Fizpok New Member

First of all, DO NOT use any references to quantum theory. Science folks will LOL, believe me.
    That said, the idea is good. It was used many times before, but all of them are. Look at baen.com, search for "Resonance" to see how it is done by a master.
    The fact that the idea is not new does not mean a thing. If you can do it well, by all means - do it. However, it looks like you are going to describe the process of the research. Which combined with the "quantum theory" makes me worry. See, science works slightly different from what most people think it does, and if you study dreams, there is NO WAY you can arrive to a conclusion that parallel worlds are involved. I mean, you may have it as one of many working theories, but you will not be able to rule out all the rest of them (looking forward in time, a giant alien predicting computer, a special power of making dreams true etc). BTW, look at the way "Resonance" resolved these issues.
    So, if you want to describe the process, study the theory behind so called "scientific method" and get a consultant.